Preview NAB Challenge 2016 - Squad post #279

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's Also how The game is Played in europe by euro afl in order to play on soccer and/or rugby grounds..international tournaments, euro cups Player by national team, Robin rounds and so on have already bene Player in The Last 10 years
9 per side? Or just less than 18 to cater for smaller grounds? How does it compare to full side games?
I'm actually intrigued by a faster, less players style game now and think it could be an interesting alternative. Would have to be more organized and better standard than the current 9's though.

do you think that fitness will still be an issue - apart from first year players..that is..?
Sorry for sounding like a broken record but probably.

last year we just looked ragged every week. Lost unconvincingly to Brisbane, twice. (part of it was a lack of effort, part of it was injuries during the preseason, part of it was buttifant, part of it was a lack of a gameplan from Malthouse/Barker)

It's my opinion we need to emulate Port Adelaide in 2013-4, who went from 14th to an unlucky prelim in 2 seasons - largely on the back of Hinkley overhauling their training to run out 4 quarters.

Ratts used to have a bloke named Cordy once.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but probably.

last year we just looked ragged every week. Lost unconvincingly to Brisbane, twice. (part of it was a lack of effort, part of it was injuries during the preseason, part of it was buttifant, part of it was a lack of a gameplan from Malthouse/Barker)

It's my opinion we need to emulate Port Adelaide in 2013-4, who went from 14th to an unlucky prelim in 2 seasons - largely on the back of Hinkley overhauling their training to run out 4 quarters.

Ratts used to have a bloke named Cordy once.
No apologies needed mate - it is just that I hadn't heard this opinion regarding our 'current' and expected fitness levels...
I've thought for years now that the Club's fitness levels have been below par ( hence the famous last five minutes per quarter red zone time goals against us every week every quarter)
Still I'd have to say if Bolton hasn't significantly improved on this to at least match most teams - I would be disappointed to say the least - am I unrealistic in this expectation?

Still I'd have to say if Bolton hasn't significantly improved on this to at least match most teams - I would be disappointed to say the least - am I unrealistic in this expectation?
well I'd hope the improvement is there, I just think we're coming from a long way back. One preseason might neutralize the damage but take another couple to work in our favour.

But it does depend on the style of footy Bolton wants - e.g. stingy contested footy like Swans/Freo, precision kicking like Hawks, fast moving like the Doggies etc.

By the way, it was a fine first post arguing you're case. Except that you had to sink into personal insults. I don't care that people have a different opinion to me, I'll admit that my thinking is more than a little out of the box, however I do care when people use derogatory comments to put down others who have a different opinion.

We don't need that. And I don't like it.

Seriously? It means "that's crazy talk", and is generally used amongst friends, at least where I grew up. It was also modified in such a way as to make sure it was taken jovially. Oversensitivity is a tough trait when you're thinking outside the box. If you're gonna put crazy ideas out there (even if they're secretly brilliant), expect to be called on it. Back to stalking for me...

Seriously? It means "that's crazy talk", and is generally used amongst friends, at least where I grew up. It was also modified in such a way as to make sure it was taken jovially. Oversensitivity is a tough trait when you're thinking outside the box. If you're gonna put crazy ideas out there (even if they're secretly brilliant), expect to be called on it. Back to stalking for me...
You'll do just fine here. No need to go back to lurking. Conversations can sometimes get heated in here, even by regular posters that are familiar and friendly with each other.

My brother in law died of last Christmas due to drug abuse. He had four kids. Three in primary school.

I guess I'm more sensitive to that sort of thing than others.

My brother in law died of last Christmas due to drug abuse. He had four kids. Three in primary school.

Fair enough (and sorry for your family's loss), but it's not exactly something a random person could be aware of when using what is a fairly common term when you think someone is speaking crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough (and sorry for your family's loss), but it's not exactly something a random person could be aware of when using what is a fairly common term when you think someone is speaking crazy.
True enough. I still don't see it as the same as saying "you must be crazy". A bit stronger than that, but that's just semantics. Lets all move on.

You'll do just fine here. No need to go back to lurking. Conversations can sometimes get heated in here, even by regular posters that are familiar and friendly with each other.
You can * off too..............

You just said something very important here and quiet honestly, also. I admire that.

We all have issues we detest more than other issues and often for very personal reasons, even though we may not care to broadcast them..........but that doesn't always mean that your 'pet' issue is more important than other, just as important issues and there's rarely a 'my view is the right view' point of view.

Just because Brock McLean is pro gay marriage doesn't make him a great guy alone. He may well be a great guy but not because he 'believes' in this one issue that's close to home for him, alone.

So, where are the teams?

The forward line and midfield depth will be my main areas of focus this NAB Challenge. Then there's the new guys...so much to look forward to, only 6 days away!
zeeCFC can you organise a nice countdown clock for the NAB game and also maybe Round 1? At once?

True enough. I still don't see it as the same as saying "you must be crazy". A bit stronger than that, but that's just semantics. Lets all move on.

Sorry, you can't change the meaning of what I said and then call 'move on'. Specifically, I implied that what you said was crazy - I never implied that *you* were crazy. There's a huge difference - one is a comment on your *opinion* and one is a comment on *you*. By the very definition "you're on drugs" (in the context of a specific opinion you expressed) is a temporary aberration in what would otherwise be straight thinking. That's the point of saying it - to *not* dis the person, but imply there is an external factor at play that has briefly caused a brain fart. It is actually pretty perfect slang for playing the comment and not playing the man.

You're intentionally trying to find personal offense where none exists as a debating strategy. And I don't like it. Redefining the context and meaning of someone else's statement before calling 'move on' is a classic indicator.

Also, apologies for the delayed replys. I'm in a different time zone and have been on long haul flights the last couple of days.

Also, also - I'm sorry to hear about your family situation, it truly sounds very tough. I have experience with similar tragedies involving people I was very close with. That said, I'm not convinced those events are too relevant in this context. Can obviously only call that for myself though.

Last edited:
Sorry, you can't change the meaning of what I said and then call 'move on'. Specifically, I implied that what you said was crazy - I never implied that *you* were crazy. There's a huge difference - one is a comment on your *opinion* and one is a comment on *you*. By the very definition "you're on drugs" (in the context of a specific opinion you expressed) is a temporary aberration in what would otherwise be straight thinking. That's the point of saying it - to *not* dis the person, but imply there is an external factor at play that has briefly caused a brain fart. It is actually pretty perfect slang for playing the comment and not playing the man.

You're intentionally trying to find personal offense where none exists as a debating strategy. And I don't like it. Redefining the context and meaning of someone else's statement before calling 'move on' is a classic indicator.

Also, apologies for the delayed replys. I'm in a different time zone and have been on long haul flights the last couple of days.

Also, also - I'm sorry to hear about your family situation, it truly sounds very tough. I have experience with similar tragedies involving people I was very close with. That said, I'm not convinced those events are too relevant in this context. Can obviously only call that for myself though.
I must be an amazing debater to waste time thinking of strategies like that when discussing an irrelevant time wasting topic that nobody will remember in a few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back