Transition

Bad:
F**KING KICKING in the first half
Crouch's injury
Jenkins unsighted
Port's 4th quarter

Ugly
Butcher kicking 5 goals :p

I love our intensity and the passion today. I know it's a pre season game but it's a great improvement to see.

Some stats:

CEY lead disposals with 27, followed by Lyons (23), Sloane (22), Douglas (21), Danger (21) and Betts (20)
Most clearances to CEY and Lyons (6), then Sloane, Danger and Betts with 5 each
9 rebound 50s to Henderson, most of anyone by a huge margin
8 inside 50s to Douglas, followed by Lyons (6) and Lynch (4)
Sloane with the most tackles (7), then Mackay (!) and Grigg with 6, Douglas, Laird, CEY and Betts with 5. We actually won the tackle count 71-68
33 hitouts to Jacobs, 7 to Jenkins v 31 to Lobbe, 4 for Westhoff
Most marks to Lynch (8), then Danger and Cheney (6 each)
CEY, Sloane, Lyons and Grigg had 4 clangers, and all but Sloane (64%) had under 60% disposal efficiency. Best for DE were Walker, Wright, Laird, Henderson and Brown with all above 80%

Collectively we won the contested possessions (151-135), tackles (71-68) and hit-outs (41-38), but lost the inside 50s (45-58), clearances (39-42) and disposals (332-380)

Last edited:

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Smears can't help themselves...everytime they lose to us they whinge about the free kick count. It's all a conspiracy. Such a victim mentality. My Uncle has barracked for the Magpies all his life and according to him, the only reason Port lose is because they get the raw prawn for free kicks or because they played poorly. In forty years I've never heard him say that Port were outplayed. Not even one time.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hehe.

But in all fairness I do get tired with some of the PAP & Cow poop that gets posted.

Wrt game I found it a tad boring.
Both sides were obviously fine tuning and trying some players out for one final time but it almost looked as if both coaches were so engrossed with their plan that they didn't pay any attention to what the other side was up to.

IMO the final result had more to do with us kicking badly for over a quarter and then you lot taking the foot off the pedal at the end than anything to do with where the teams are placed atm.

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I was at the game so haven't heard the severity of Crouch's injury. I saw him on the bench with ice strapped to his foot/ankle.

Did anyone hear an update on Fox or 5aa?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some stats:

CEY lead disposals with 27, followed by Lyons (23), Sloane (22), Douglas (21), Danger (21) and Betts (20)
Most clearances to CEY and Lyons (6), then Sloane, Danger and Betts with 5 each
9 rebound 50s to Henderson, most of anyone by a huge margin
8 inside 50s to Douglas, followed by Lyons (6) and Lynch (4)
Sloane with the most tackles (7), then Mackay (!) and Grigg with 6, Douglas, Laird, CEY and Betts with 5. We actually won the tackle count 71-68
33 hitouts to Jacobs, 7 to Jenkins v 31 to Lobbe, 4 for Westhoff
Most marks to Lynch (8), then Danger and Cheney (6 each)
CEY, Sloane, Lyons and Grigg had 4 clangers, and all but Sloane (64%) had under 60% disposal efficiency. Best for DE were Walker, Wright, Laird, Henderson and Brown with all above 80%

Collectively we won the contested possessions (151-135), tackles (71-68) and hit-outs (41-38), but lost the inside 50s (45-58), clearances (39-42) and disposals (332-380)

Worth mentioning that Lyons k:h was 16:7 and his DE was still better than both Mackay and VB who went at 8:8 and 9:7 respectively. Amazingly CEY had even worse DE and went at 9:17. But considering how inexperienced these 2 are and their volume of inside work, it's hard to knock them without having a serious go at their more experienced and outside counterparts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back