Yarran Cripps Boekhurst
Menzel Watson Tuohy
Smith Jones Casboult

Wood Bell Curnow

Armfield Graham Docherty
Viojo-Rainbow Tutt Dick
Fields Walsh

Emerg: Johnson Byrne Gowers

Fields over Johnson to give the kid a go and we might need a bigger back man on the pine
Would like to see Walsh and Skittles get a go first up rather than the other two

Tuohy, White, Jaksch
Sheehan, Rowe, Simpson
Boekhorst, Graham, Docherty
Tutt, Jones, Menzel
Casboult, Watson, Smith
Wood, Cripps, Bell
Curnow, Buckley, Yarran, Byrne

These would be my starters. Very young midfield and all round side but will be great viewing! Keep perspective and realise skills will be rusty and we're travelling very far to play.

Mandurah is a hour's drive from the city and is usually around 2 degrees cooler. At that time of day I would think the temp might be around 24 or lower but lately the afternoons have been quite warm.

Tuohy, White, Jaksch
Sheehan, Rowe, Simpson
Boekhorst, Graham, Docherty
Tutt, Jones, Menzel
Casboult, Watson, Smith
Wood, Cripps, Bell
Curnow, Buckley, Yarran, Byrne

These would be my starters. Very young midfield and all round side but will be great viewing! Keep perspective and realise skills will be rusty and we're travelling very far to play.
Lack of BWalsh there Zeesta...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Live on FoxFooty from 7pm...

Live in my loungeroom with the old man and a few cold ones...talking about how awesome this season will be and a toast to him throwing less household objects at my TV this year! He will prob bring over his grandfinal collection and try and sneak one or two of those in as well!

Live in my loungeroom with the old man and a few cold ones...talking about how awesome this season will be and a toast to him throwing less household objects at my TV this year! He will prob bring over his grandfinal collection and try and sneak one or two of those in as well!

:D Sounds like my kind of bloke!!!

<I hope your other team gets an arse whipping this weekend!!!>

If I must single out a player, it's Armfield.

He won't get many opportunities once the senior squad is back. Needs to step up and dominate this preseason if he's any chance to play more than a handful of games this year.
was awful in the intra-club have to say

Wow, very young side, I like it. Kade Simpson the only veteran named. Sam Rowe will make a great replacement as captain for the time being.

Not named are Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs, Chris Judd, Andrew Walker, Michael Jamison, Lachie Henderson, Andrew Carrazzo, Dale Thomas, David Ellard, Andrejs Everitt, Matthew Kreuzer, Jayden Foster, Mark Whiley, Fraser Russell, Cameron Giles, Robert Warnock & Nick Holman.
Quite a lot of experience not playing.

Troy Menzel and Chris Yarran I am concenred about when it comes to fitness.

Other than that, it looks good. I don't care about the team winning as long as they perform to a satisfactory standard.

FB - Sam Rowe, Tom Fields, Ciaran Sheehan
HB - Kade Simpson, Zach Tuohy, Dylan Buckley
C - Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow, Blaine Boekhorst
HF - Troy Menzel, Matthew Watson, Liam Jones
FF - Blaine Johnson, Levi Casboult, Simon White
R - Cameron Wood, Tom Bell, Billy Gowers

I - Clem Smith, Kristian Jaksch, Dennis Armfield
I - Sam Docherty, Nick Graham, Matthew Dick
I - Dillon Viojo-Rainbow, Jason Tutt

E - Ciaran Byrne, Brad Walsh, Chris Yarran (if fit enough, he will replace maybe Armfield)

But I am sure Byrne will play (and maybe Walsh). It is quite hard to name a side.

I looked at the WCE squad and it's easy to see why they're strong favourites. No NickNat or Darling but otherwise, they want the prizemoney and have named their round 1 squad.

On the plus side, Kane Lucas is playing for THEM. :p

Can't do any more than let people know I'm against it ($ambling). Have to say WC Board seems very downbeat about this match.
Genuine question here - do you have a specific reason for disliking it? I'm not a fan of it when it seems to be a "problem" and people are putting up more than they can afford.....but i'm completely fine with casual punting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back