Preview NAB Challenge Round 3: v Essendon Top Ups - Etihad Stadium, Friday 20th March, 5.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep a lid on our collective s**t until round 1 at least. When the Gold Coast give us a veritable pantsing by triple figures, then we can at least start the knee-jerk reaction over a game that actually matters.

#SackMelbourne.

Yep, let's keep our veritable f***load of powder dry until round 1.

I don't give a sh*t about the result; I just hope it doesn't effect the players. We're better than what we showed tonight. Much better.

On top of that we are missing key players. Walking into the ground I passed Viv Michie. I wasn't happy he wasn't playing.

Add him, Kent, Howe, JKH and Vince...it's a big difference.
Er, wtf has Michie ever done?

I think we're trying to find a way around playing Pedersen with Dawes/Watts/Hogan already forward.

I think they're hoping he'll play the Dawes role round 1 - except with some ruck thrown in.

If hawthorn supporters cared about nab challenge game they would have been worried the first two weeks before breathing a sigh of relief the other day. Also the pies reckon beating the hawks in NAB 1 = premiership.

IT'S nab challenge nobody cares so why should we

Come on, he hasn't done a bloody thing. Be real.
. Finished 2014 with 4 decent games where he showed he had a cool head, was a better than average kick and was team oriented.
This year..
Solid game against Freo where he had the most tackles and while he didn't get that much of the ball, he has shown he is a good decision maker who rarely turns the ball over. Then demoted to sub. Played just a quarter against Bulldogs, but took an important contested Mark in defence. Then dropped for this game while the team is full of players who panic and make the same mistakes over and over. Seriously how many regulars in our team, including some forum favourites butcher every second kick.
Too many in this team are too comfortable with their spot in the team. Viney in his 2 seasons hasn't once been sub or been subbed. I love his endeavour but his sloppy skills should be worked on at casey. Matt jones has played almost every game since he arrived...and still gives away dumb free kicks. Bail didn't miss a game last year.

salem's had 2 good games in a row, but I worry how he'll go at half back once the real season starts. He looked lost against Freo against an experienced forward line. But excellent against the bulldog kids and the bomber-lite team. Hopefully he carries his good form into the real stuff. Toump? Let's be honest. The signs aren't good. He seems bereft of confidence. He's not done nearly enough to warrant a spot in the team.

My main positive last night was wattsy . Good game from him. Lamumba's been a brilliant recruit....he's going to make us better. And Garlett might be as popular as the wiz in a couple of years (I think).

And yeah, it was only a practice game. Not the end of the world. We'll have some ups and downs but our team looks better than last year. Really.

I wonder if the clowns on here who were adamant that Lumumba should "**** off" are still of that opinion. He's been peerless so far in the pre-season.

I don't understand the hatred for Lumumba from football fans he's always been a damm good player and has slotted in nicely at Melbourne. Also getting Jeffy Garlet is another good piece of recruiting kudos to the Melbourne coaching staff.

Bad call.

Sucked in by that late play nick.

I'm sure I posted about viney last year , Of all the players on our team if he marks the footy from 30+ metres out for goals I actually expect him to float the kick out to the left and miss badly

His field kicking is horrible and on par with bail and jones , his contested stuff is good but he isn't the slightest but damaging and I honestly wonder whether he has reached his ceiling , I couldn't give a stuff about the last kick that actually won me $100
Just got home, saw you posted this and I've seen the score. Thoughts?

Urge to kill ..... Rising

Come on, he hasn't done a bloody thing. Be real.

Come on mate - give it a rest.

Compared to blokes like Matt Jones, Bail, etc? Who turn the ball over and fumble at every opportunity... Michie is a better option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what Jordie McKenzie felt not getting a single minute. Must have felt like a right ninny.

I've defended Bail and Toumpas plenty in the past, but I agree that they (well as M Jones and Garland) should be dropped for round 1 now.

I am just saying, though, that bringing in Michie isn't going to make much difference.

I think Michie could immediately be a dependable player for us - that's something that none of Bail, Jones and Toump can give us at the moment.

Well that was a kick in the knickers.

No injuries was a bonus I guess?
Outside of that classic Melbourne.

Anyone else cop a $2.50 drink caddy last night? *ers said they were free up until last night #THANKSGILLON

Anyone else cop a $2.50 drink caddy last night? gooses said they were free up until last night #THANKSGILLON

I think it's only the MCG that have brought that in.

Etihad said they wouldn't change their prices.

I think it's only the MCG that have brought that in.

Etihad said they wouldn't change their prices.
Although rumour is that they're about to crumble under pressure and follow the MCG.

Anyone else cop a $2.50 drink caddy last night? gooses said they were free up until last night #THANKSGILLON

$2.50! That is some bullshit.

Only free at the G as far as I know, not at Shithole Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back