NAB cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Masten will take his spot on the wing so Gaff moves more into the middle
I think gaff will be mainly used on a wing but part of the on ball rotation . Starting at the centre bounce helped him break tags last year by winning his own ball and being able to loose his man in traffic

I think gaff will be mainly used on a wing but part of the on ball rotation . Starting at the centre bounce helped him break tags last year by winning his own ball and being able to loose his man in traffic
I reckon this might be the year Gaff, Shuey and Masten step it up a notch and develop into a decent midfield, they all looked pretty good in the game, albeit against weak opposition. What did you think to Sheed?

I reckon this might be the year Gaff, Shuey and Masten step it up a notch and develop into a decent midfield, they all looked pretty good in the game, albeit against weak opposition. What did you think to Sheed?

Just be careful with expectations.

Our midfield "looked good" in pre-season wins over Fremantle (twice) and Sydney in 2014.

Turned to pish in the regular season.

Agree, Believe Gaff will emerge as a genuine line breaking midfielder.

Liked the way he finished off last season and started off this one, winning some hard inside ball and putting space between him and the opposition.
Love the way he slews sideways on his left and takes them on.

Looks to have bulked up a bit too.

Sheed also showed real composure in tight in the game against Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff's never been short of courage though. Any perception of him being soft is just because he plays on the outside and hasn't ever had the size to influence a contest. When it's been his turn to go, he's always gone

Gaff's never been short of courage though. Any perception of him being soft is just because he plays on the outside and hasn't ever had the size to influence a contest. When it's been his turn to go, he's always gone
He 'goes' but he still gets beaten in most one on ones. He doesn't necessarily shy away from them, but he's still pretty useless in contested situations IMO.

Agree, Believe Gaff will emerge as a genuine line breaking midfielder.

Liked the way he finished off last season and started off this one, winning some hard inside ball and putting space between him and the opposition.
Love the way he slews sideways on his left and takes them on.

Looks to have bulked up a bit too.

Sheed also showed real composure in tight in the game against Carlton.
Yep, our midfield starts to look a whole lot better when Gaff manages to work through his tag.
I was very impressed with Sheed, he looks like his body has matured significantly in the off season and he seemed a lot less hesitant around the contest compared to last year.

Cripps was by far one of our best against Carlton. BOG after Shuey IMO. Ran hard all game, chased like a madman, and set up several goals.

The only player on our team who looked even remotely close to running down Yarran, and he did twice. I'd love to know how fast he is compared to Yeo.

Cripps was by far one of our best against Carlton. BOG after Shuey IMO. Ran hard all game, chased like a madman, and set up several goals.

The only player on our team who looked even remotely close to running down Yarran, and he did twice. I'd love to know how fast he is compared to Yeo.
Couldn't find a complete list just top 10s if anyone has cripps and yeos sprint times it would be interesting. .
Neither cripps or yeo were in the top 10 for sprint or repeat sprint .
But 10th in cripps year was 2.91 ( sprint )
10th yeos year was 2.89 ( sprint)
So even though they didn't feature they could still be very quick .
Cripps did come 4th in the 3km time trial ( gaff was 1st )
Yeo came 1st for agility and standing vertical leap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back