NAB Cup Rd 1 Blues V's Power V's Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
were carlton even trying?
100% effort.

We played Yarran in the second game to sell a few memberships and win another pissing contest.

If I was an opposition fan, I would s**t myself if two of Yarran, Betts and Garlett were near the ball.

Their class stood out.

I didn't even recognise some of the players who ran around against Port.

Who's 24*? :eek:

*Paddy McCarthy.

BEST Carlton: Scotland, Carrazzo, Gibbs, Lucas, Watson, Ellard

I love Ratten's bests. :thumbsu: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corrosion

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2005
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barnsley
were carlton even trying?

Missing 7 of our best 22, had a couple of important players play only one game and had plenty of rotations with players playing limited minutes.

We obviously didn't care for the results. Glad to see no injuries come from the games either. Does anyone know who Port and Adelaide were resting for their games?

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
The umpire said the words "incorrect disposal".

Would likely have been holding the ball then. Incorrect disposal after a tackle when a player has had prior opportunity is holding the ball.

And dude, the free is for a throw. Incorrect disposal, whilst is mentioned in the rules numerous times, is not something that on it's own that a free is paid for. Christ, imagine how many kicks would be paid if every time a player fumbles it or drops it concedes a free kick? The whole bloody game would be free kicks.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Would likely have been holding the ball then. Incorrect disposal after a tackle when a player has had prior opportunity is holding the ball.

And dude, the free is for a throw. Incorrect disposal, whilst is mentioned in the rules numerous times, is not something that on it's own that a free is paid for. Christ, imagine how many kicks would be paid if every time a player fumbles it or drops it concedes a free kick? The whole bloody game would be free kicks.

A throw is disposing of the ball incorrectly. Fumbling or dropping the ball is not throwing it.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We obviously didn't care for the results. Glad to see no injuries come from the games either. Does anyone know who Port and Adelaide were resting for their games?

Carlton certainly had more first 22 players missing than Port and probably Adelaide too.

We had our first two rucks not play in either game (Lobbe and Renouf), while borderline first 22 players like Pittard, Logan, Thomas and Brett Ebert were the only other mention worthy absentees. Against Carlton, Carlile, Schulz and Hartlett were the other three definite first 22ers who didn't play, along with a couple of other fringies (e.g Salopek, Moore).

So against the Blues, five definite first 22ers missing, compared to a host of outs for you guys (Judd, Murphy, Betts, Yarran, Waite, Robinson, Thornton, Jamieson, plus limited gametime from Gibbs and Garlett). Don't think Carlton have anything to worry about.

The amount of times I heard "outside the paint", "he can go for 9" and "coast to coast" made my ears bleed.

he can go for 9 or short it for a chance at 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back