NAB Cup Rd 1 Blues V's Power V's Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Presumably the umpire assumed he kicked it without realizing he had a 50m penalty. That's brought back every time.

Clearly and obviously.

Shocking umpiring. Kruuz got a fifty, siren went, noone realised, kruuz kicked the ball away and the umpire gave him a second kick. Surely if he kicks the ball then that is it?

And this is why Dwayne Russell shouldn't be a commentator.

Missing 7 of our best 22, had a couple of important players play only one game and had plenty of rotations with players playing limited minutes.

We obviously didn't care for the results. Glad to see no injuries come from the games either. Does anyone know who Port and Adelaide were resting for their games?
Against Carlton we were resting Rutten, Porplyzia, Dagnerfield and Sloane, while subbing out Jacobs early and limiting his minutes.

And that's just who's at the top of my head.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Don't think Carlton have anything to worry about.

Geelong maybe? How about Collingwood? Maybe even Hawthorn, West Coast, etc .... apart from that ... NOTHING to worry about.

Wouldn't it be nice for Carlton to actually achieve something before pumping out their chests and telling everyone how good they are?

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Wouldn't it be nice for Carlton to actually achieve something before pumping out their chests and telling everyone how good they are?

And when have they done that? By stating they want to improve this year and finish top 4? By stating that a premiership is their goal? Come off it! It's not like they've done a Hawthorn/Schwab and state that the flag is theirs.

Underdog

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
The amount of times I heard "outside the paint", "he can go for 9" and "coast to coast" made my ears bleed.

I just can't understand how the commentators carry on as if they are baffled by a player not going for a 9-pointer. It's as if a rule that has no relevance to the season proper should be treated with the slightest bit of importance.

The prime purpose of the NAB cup is to train for the season proper. Teams are largely going to disregard the 9-point rule because it's not worth concentrating on.

The only times where it would be relevant is if you had a 50m penalty that might sit just a couple of metres inside the arc or if you were having a go in the final minute for a win.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geelong maybe? How about Collingwood? Maybe even Hawthorn, West Coast, etc .... apart from that ... NOTHING to worry about.

Put the comment in some context. Nothing to worry about in terms of narrowly losing a couple of meaningless 20-20 rd1 NAB cup games with all their stars out.

4evablues

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
And when have they done that? By stating they want to improve this year and finish top 4? By stating that a premiership is their goal? Come off it! It's not like they've done a Hawthorn/Schwab and state that the flag is theirs.

How true....the blues are being realistic and want the flag just like any other team. They have not been cocky at all.

Not too worried about the weekend but well done to the power and crows.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just can't understand how the commentators carry on as if they are baffled by a player not going for a 9-pointer. It's as if a rule that has no relevance to the season proper should be treated with the slightest bit of importance.

The prime purpose of the NAB cup is to train for the season proper. Teams are largely going to disregard the 9-point rule because it's not worth concentrating on.

The only times where it would be relevant is if you had a 50m penalty that might sit just a couple of metres inside the arc or if you were having a go in the final minute for a win.

You're right. It hardly becomes a choice for a player when kicking for goal. I don't think that three extra points is that much of an incentive. The only thing they got right (and I think it was Shawy who said this) is that the original reason for the induction of the rule has been lost; it was meant to be about long bombs and torpedos happening more regularly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back