Remove this Banner Ad

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well folks I can't stand the pre season wilderness anymore - so it may a bit early, but in 6 days the season is finally upon us.

How has the build up been - no idea;

How will we line up based upon pre season simulation - no idea

Who's in form and burning it up - no idea

How are we likely to use this opening round - possibly to give the young'ins a taste, other than that - no idea.

Media? No live feed as PW can't inspect before release. Expect a downloaded replay once PW has had a chance to redact anything that resembles match play - we may get to see the bounce of each quarter and the players shaking hands at the end.

So with a wealth of information at hand to discuss - let's get this party started!!!

Well folks I can't stand the pre season wilderness anymore - so it may a bit early, but in 6 days the season is finally upon us.

How are we likely to use this opening round - possibly to give the young'ins a taste, other than that - no idea.

Media? No live feed as PW can't inspect before release. Expect a downloaded replay once PW has had a chance to redact anything that resembles match play - we may get to see the bounce of each quarter and the players shaking hands at the end.

So with a wealth of information at hand to discuss - let's get this party started!!!
Looking forward to seeing the rat, Ramsey and lever .... I hope we go hard in the second game and don't get any injuries in the 3rd game...having some form leading into round 1 is super important - see 2012 pre season v 2013. I hope the team defence is up ans about early and young guys like kerridge , grigg , hartigan and Lyons more than solid in the pre season. Would love to see danger running and carrying the football like he did v freo at aami few years back to announce himself as that super damaging ball carrier again

no-eye-deer.jpg

Edit: Apparently this guy moonlights as the Rooch :)

Last edited:
Given we play these guys in round 1, I'm predicting we will play our bottom 22 in this game. Don't want to give them anything that will help them in 5 weeks time.

Kangaroos will be thinking the same.
Or could there be a double bluff?

Could Agent 00 Walsh bring the real game plan assuming North will think it's not the real plan? Then in round 1 bring the same plan which North will think was the fake plan - but it's the same plan which is not the fake plan - it's the real plan?

Is it possible that Phil Harper's new job is to arrange security clearances?

Could Agent 00 Walsh bring the real game plan assuming North will think it's not the real plan? Then in round 1 bring the same plan which North will think was the fake plan - but it's the same plan which is not the fake plan - it's the real plan?

Agent 13 (PH) thinks this is a real possibility :thumbsu:

If only we had access to the Cone of Silence..

Can't wait to not watch this! :(

I wish we were proactive in the sense of streaming this.

I guess listening to it on AA will have to do, with the added highlights off the website.

Anyone heading over for this one?

We've streamed many games before. Maybe it's just a case of its almost impossible to do.

The club has had many requests about it; you'd think if they could, they would.

So what I would actually like to see in this game is a real and genuine chance for players 15-25.

I know some real youngsters like Lever etc will get some time and that's fair enough. But I would like to see the guys in contention be effectively asked to lead the side and play key roles over 4 quarters.

Grigg, M Crouch, Lyons, Atkins, Laird, Hartigan, Cameron - lets get these guys in key spots and tell them it's your spot to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3476389.jpg

We've streamed many games before. Maybe it's just a case of its almost impossible to do.

The club has had many requests about it; you'd think if they could, they would.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last couple of preseason games streamed were organised by the opposition (both the GWS and the Brisbane in NT).

So what I would actually like to see in this game is a real and genuine chance for players 15-25.

I know some real youngsters like Lever etc will get some time and that's fair enough. But I would like to see the guys in contention be effectively asked to lead the side and play key roles over 4 quarters.

Grigg, M Crouch, Lyons, Atkins, Laird, Hartigan, Cameron - lets get these guys in key spots and tell them it's your spot to lose.
Agreed, I'd be looking at squad/team of: (Assumed M.Crouch, Mackay, Knight inj). Considered Siggins, but I just couldnt do it.

Laird - Hartigan - Lever
Cheney - Talia - Brown
Henderson - van Berlo - Martin
Cameron - Walker - Lynch
Lowden - Jenkins - Atkins
Jacobs - B.Crouch - Kerridge
Wright - Grigg - Kelly - CEY

Can't wait to not watch this! :(

I wish we were proactive in the sense of streaming this.

I guess listening to it on AA will have to do, with the added highlights off the website.

Anyone heading over for this one?

Hey, we will be getting quarter by quarter updates on the radio and then later we can watch the still photos on the news

Not too shabby

Agreed, I'd be looking at squad/team of: (Assumed M.Crouch, Mackay, Knight inj). Considered Siggins, but I just couldnt do it.

Laird - Hartigan - Lever
Cheney - Talia - Brown
Cameron - Walker - Lynch
Think I read M Crouch is available.

For mine;

Laird Hardigan Cheney
Kelly Siggins Atkins
Henderson M Crouch Grigg
Mc Govern Dear Lynch
Cameron Jenkins Kerridge

Lowden Lyons VB

CEY, Ramsay, O'Brien, Martin, Lever, Brown, Wright, Wigg (that's 26 as permitted)

Remember when we played Port last year in the pre-season and port played the worst side they could because we played them again in round 2? Given Walsh was in the coaches box for that game as their strategic coach, I think we will see something similar.

Remember when we played Port last year in the pre-season and port played the worst side they could because we played them again in round 2? Given Walsh was in the coaches box for that game as their strategic coach, I think we will see something similar.
Reckon I heard him confirm this in an interview. He said we'd start of playing kids and then inject more senior players in games 2 & 3.

Unless I dreamed it.

Laird - Hartigan - Lever
Cheney - Talia - Brown
Cameron - Walker - Lynch
Almost perfect ... Lowden into ruck , O' Reilly to support and sauce to wait for NAB 2 .... Also there are 26 playing so get young Ramsey in there back in his home town and maybe wigg as well

My predicted team for first nab game

BROWN HARTIGAN VAN BERLO
JAENSCH TALIA ELLIS YOLMEN
WIGG CROUCH HENDERSON
KERRIDGE WALKER CAMERON
JENKINS LYNCH WILSON
LOWDEN LYONS GRIGG
Int. From martin, lever, cheney, obrien, ramsey, atkins, kelly and laird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back