Discussion NAFL 2014-15 Franchise Owner Announcement and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell do you guys get logos and s**t looking so smooth? All my designs always end up jagged edged :( Regardless of if I use a template or not
If you're using PS or AI, the pen tool is your friend. Not at first though, that s**t is difficult to get used to, but its very powerful.

If you're using PS or AI, the pen tool is your friend. Not at first though, that s**t is difficult to get used to, but its very powerful.

Absolutely this.

If you're drawing any shape at all, you should only ever use the pen tool. Vectors are infinitely better for this sort of thing.

For the 2014/15 NAFL season, the Ballarat Diggers' logo will feature a five-pointed silver star, representing their recent premiership in the NAFL Reserves. This premiership makes the Diggers the first and only team to enter the NAFL on merit.

The Diggers have taken it upon themselves to produce a vastly improved logo for this season, after members and the general public alike were left disappointed by the cluster**** used last season.

logo_reveal_zpsbac135e6.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does that latin mean?
"We will fight to the end". Pretty lame, but it was on the logo last year, and I felt like this logo was missing something without the banner.

I was going to put a laurel wreath on, but didn't want to steal your thunder, and it made it look more like a logo for an amateur film festival.

St Mark, What would the logo look like with the 2013 and the Latin text in gold?
A little worse IMO, haha. I deliberately kept only the pickaxe gold to draw attention to it.

Here it is with your suggestions, and with just the latin gold.
logo_golderything.png logo_goldlatin.png

How are people going with their entries in general? We're looking at almost half the entries in with what, a month and a half until the deadline? Good effort, hopefully they keep rolling in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back