Competition NAFL Reserves 2014/15 Hub Thread

Which "Final 6" system should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

stone-cold-steve-austin-double-beer-smash-chug-beer-gifs.gif

It's been a long off season, but its finally here - the new NAFL Reserves season starts today!

In this thread you'll find links to the latest round, updated ladders, the season fixture, and no doubt many arguments over the use and misuse of clash jumpers.

This season sees only one team, Logan Heat, return from last season, with 13 new teams joining the competition.
View attachment 86379
(locations are close enough orite)

The fixture for the final rounds can be found here.

Good luck!

Latest ladder:
The travel is really eating us up. No wonder why we are last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm honestly super happy I finished 9th. For a first crack I can't really complain.

The most important part about being in a competition like this early on in your time on this board is learning about what to do next.

What did you learn?

In my second comp I've come 11th. I'm pretty disappointed in that. Next year the guards will be better because
1. The logo will be original
2. The design will be modern and unique
3. I had shorts with the AFL logo on them. A massive oversight which won't happen again
4. My own template which is still in progress but it's pretty good atm
5. I'm ready for anything

In my second comp I've come 11th. I'm pretty disappointed in that. Next year the guards will be better because
1. The logo will be original
2. The design will be modern and unique
3. I had shorts with the AFL logo on them. A massive oversight which won't happen again
4. My own template which is still in progress but it's pretty good atm
5. I'm ready for anything
1. The logo was pretty good, but it looked more like a City Council logo!
2. Good idea, let's see how creative you are :)
3. I didn't even notice that to be honest
4. Good luck!
5. That's what we like to hear! :D

The most important part about being in a competition like this early on in your time on this board is learning about what to do next.

What did you learn?

I learnt a lot about the design process, and about not adding anything to the design I'm not 100% happy with. Need to back my instinct.

Hardest thing is trying to come up with an original, yet good looking design with the limited amount of knowledge I have with Gimp.

I should probably spend a few nights learning more of the advanced stuff. I have a fairly complex plan for the Istanbul Jets ;)

I learnt a lot about the design process, and about not adding anything to the design I'm not 100% happy with. Need to back my instinct.

Hardest thing is trying to come up with an original, yet good looking design with the limited amount of knowledge I have with Gimp.

I should probably spend a few nights learning more of the advanced stuff. I have a fairly complex plan for the Istanbul Jets ;)

Always always always aim high. It's better to lose votes because you didn't quite achieve your ambitious plans than to lose votes because you went too safe.

There are lots of tutorials around, and if there is something that you want to do that you're not quite sure how to achieve, there is always the Q&A thread.

You're dead right though, the hardest part is balancing a creative design that still looks like a football guernsey.

Always always always aim high. It's better to lose votes because you didn't quite achieve your ambitious plans than to lose votes because you went too safe.

There are lots of tutorials around, and if there is something that you want to do that you're not quite sure how to achieve, there is always the Q&A thread.

You're dead right though, the hardest part is balancing a creative design that still looks like a football guernsey.
I'm keen to try Adobe illustrator and get seriously into it. Not sure how I go about that though. Gimp is good and all, but you get a way more professional look on AI

Back