Competition NAFL Reserves 2014/15 Hub Thread

Which "Final 6" system should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

By the letter of the law he is allowed to have aliases on the site but not if they're only being used for 'trouble' (for want of a better word). Will have to check with higher-ups re: banning.

Some may find the proposal of a letter of apology a bit farfetched consider it is the Internet but I don't mind the idea. We need to set a tough precedent so we don't have similar problems in the future.

Can someone remind me of how we dealt with Wizardwaffle's vote fudging?
Aliases were banned and he was carded for a little while I think.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/heritage-jumpers-never-worn-before-final-poll.963460/page-2

Reading that thread reminded me of Nick/LadyPants and his weird meltdown where he posted a thing listing the people who post on this board that he liked and hated...

Reading that thread reminded me of Nick/LadyPants and his weird meltdown where he posted a thing listing the people who post on this board that he liked and hated...
That mustve been before my time. That wouldve created some odd conversations in the thread

Ahhhhh, the f***nuggets thread. I wasn't a f***nugget so I was pretty proud of myself :D

Hahahahaha fabulousfill you continue to cover yourself in glory you pathetic cheating crybaby.

Never come back.

Absolutely disgusted right now, all this bull**** is making me consider withdrawing the Exiles. If this comp is going to end up in a schmoz I might as well pull the plug.

Absolutely disgusted right now, all this bull**** is making me consider withdrawing the Exiles. If this comp is going to end up in a schmoz I might as well pull the plug.

Actually considering doing the same. All this extra baggage is sucking my enjoyment out of the competition.

I dont complain much, but * me, what a jerk, (That's putting it nicely)

Don't do that. You've done nothing wrong.
It's just annoying. I've had offers from my girlfriend and mates to sign up and vote for my stuff as a favour and I've told them not to so as not to skew results, but there seems to be a fair bit of rorting going on from other users. How can we be sure that our designs are being voted on fairly, and not because of nepotism, favours and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just annoying. I've had offers from my girlfriend and mates to sign up and vote for my stuff as a favour and I've told them not to so as not to skew results, but there seems to be a fair bit of rorting going on from other users. How can we be sure that our designs are being voted on fairly, and not because of nepotism, favours and all that.

lol, same

Well having the votes publicly visible does a fair bit to prevent rorting. I honestly think you're overreacting. We've had an instance where one poster – probably the most likely of the comp – has used one alias to add one vote to his design. I'm not justifying it, there will be punishment, but I'm saying that it's wrong for you to start being sceptical about the integrity of the users on this board. For the five years I've been here I've seen two, maybe three cases of vote rorting. We're an honest bunch.

For the five years I've been here I've seen two, maybe three cases of vote rorting. We're an honest bunch.
And unfortunately it's now reared its head twice in short succession. So my question to you is how do we prevent this from becoming a regular occurence?

I think what rabbitoh20 is trying to say Gibbsy is that the same user has twice attempted to rig a competition in his/her favour in very quick succession. I initially felt bad for the guy seeing his name get thrown in s**t across the NAFL Reserves threads, but this latest action makes me think that he entered purely to do what he's done. Naming and shaming hasn't prevented fill from continuing to rig the comp his way. How can we be guaranteed that a deterring force for this sort of action or motive will be fond? I think we all can agree that thing lile these shouldn't become a regular occurence on the board? The competitions are great on this board, they are a major reason why I signed up for BigFooty, and seeing them be rigged and penalties ignored has me feeling like a dishonest portion of the community may be sneaking into the crowd of those that do the right thing.

When we sign up for competitions we all expect that other competitors do the right thing. If it takes one harsh measure such as a permaban or the like to make it clear that this sorta s**t isn't accepted, then so be it in my eyes. We don't need competitions and voting threads highjacked. That just isn't cool.

All we can do is remove people who are intentionally cheating from competitions.

It's not a common or widespread problem. There have been 3 or 4 incidents over the past few years that have all been dealt with quite well.

I think you have to go with my idea of reducing it to 12 teams now. See the earlier post I made for how to solve the fixturing issue

I never like doing this, but it has to be done. fabulousfill has been voting for his designs under an alias, purtelli_46 . This is clearly against NAFL rules and against the spirit of the competition and this board. I considered making a new thread for this but I'm not sure I want to really drag his name through the mud (it may look bad as a moderator).

I leave it up to St Mark to decide punishment but I suggest with the dilemma of 13 teams, he may now have an easier decision on his hands.

View attachment 90742
Actually I'm the younger brother of fabulousfill, yet I vote on those who are deserving of my vote. This week I voted for the Golds because their jumper is so sleek, and if there was a jumper that I wanted IRL it would be Greensborough's.
I would like to be removed from further connections made between me and fabulousfill or even fabfill, due to the way he carried on after blatently breaking the rules.

Actually I'm the younger brother of fabulousfill, yet I vote on those who are deserving of my vote. This week I voted for the Golds because their jumper is so sleek, and if there was a jumper that I wanted IRL it would be Greensborough's.
I would like to be removed from further connections made between me and fabulousfill or even fabfill, due to the way he carried on after blatently breaking the rules.
Why is your age and date of birth the same?
If you're twins or anything, we won't be able to tell that apart.

number 1, sure you are his younger brother
number 2, dont vote for your/his s**t

I'd be more than happy for Purtelli to continue voting in this competition but I feel that given the recent trouble it would be better for everyone if he would kindly avoid voting on matches involving the Riverina Seals.

If he doesn't vote on the Seals I have no issues at all.

Back