Which "Final 6" system should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purtelli_46

Draftee
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd be more than happy for Purtelli to continue voting in this competition but I feel that given the recent trouble it would be better for everyone if he would kindly avoid voting on matches involving the Riverina Seals.

If he doesn't vote on the Seals I have no issues at all.
Will do from now on. I don't want to upset people or make them withdraw their entries, as they are all brilliant

Actually I'm the younger brother of fabulousfill, yet I vote on those who are deserving of my vote. This week I voted for the Golds because their jumper is so sleek, and if there was a jumper that I wanted IRL it would be Greensborough's.
I would like to be removed from further connections made between me and fabulousfill or even fabfill, due to the way he carried on after blatently breaking the rules.
I am a twin, hence the reason to disown him on the board.
Twins always banter about whose the older twin, and whose the younger. I'm the younger by a minute.
I'm not saying you're not telling the truth. But how on earth can we trust you?
  • First says younger brother
  • Lists all previous aliases used for the purpose of cheating
  • Then says twin
  • Then says younger by a minute
I really find it a coincidence that you joined BigFooty at this time? Is it also a coincidence that both of your aliases which have been used for the purpose of cheating have also been banned?

Sorry dude, not buying it.

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
GLENELG (SANFL)
  • Then says twin
I really find it a coincidence that you joined BigFooty at this time? Is it also a coincidence that both of your aliases which have been used for the purpose of cheating have also been banned?

Exactly my feel.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Does that mean Fill stays in the comp??

It's up to St Mark really. He's been really unlucky in this competition so far despite doing his best to accommodate everyone.

I probably would have dropped Fill from the competition the second he deleted his account personally. Since Fill has posted in this thread again requesting to stay on, i'd probably leave him there now. The situation with purtelli is dodgy but if purtelli doesn't vote on Riverina games, at least it's not affecting the result of any matches.

I'd say St Mark either needs to get another entry in the next few days (dylan if necessary but someone unique would be better #dylansucks) and make it a 14 team comp, or cut his losses with Fill and make it a 12 team comp. Both moves would be a positive decision, it just needs to happen quickly. If Alex or whoever it was is keen, he needs to get designing asap.

I completely understand the frustration of guys like rabbitoh20 and EMGEE_6 but those guys need to trust that this sort of thing is not a regular occurence in this sort of competition. The vast majority of people who enter these competitions do so with fair intentions and we only very occasionally run into this sort of issue.

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
GLENELG (SANFL)
It's up to St Mark really. He's been really unlucky in this competition so far despite doing his best to accommodate everyone.

I probably would have dropped Fill from the competition the second he deleted his account personally. Since Fill has posted in this thread again requesting to stay on, i'd probably leave him there now. The situation with purtelli is dodgy but if purtelli doesn't vote on Riverina games, at least it's not affecting the result of any matches.

I'd say St Mark either needs to get another entry in the next few days (dylan if necessary but someone unique would be better #dylansucks) and make it a 14 team comp, or cut his losses with Fill and make it a 12 team comp. Both moves would be a positive decision, it just needs to happen quickly. If Alex or whoever it was is keen, he needs to get designing asap.

I completely understand the frustration of guys like rabbitoh20 and EMGEE_6 but those guys need to trust that this sort of thing is not a regular occurence in this sort of competition. The vast majority of people who enter these competitions do so with fair intentions and we only very occasionally run into this sort of issue.

he has been to much of a knob, just kick fill

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very good post El_Scorcho. I think the issue with trust has been magnified by the revelation that Purtelli is not Fill. We have to take Purtelli's word for it – even though the likeliness of two 21-year-old brothers sharing the same birthday, footy team and IP address is extremely low

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Very good post El_Scorcho. I think the issue with trust has been magnified by the revelation that Purtelli is not Fill. We have to take Purtelli's word for it – even though the likeliness of two 21-year-old brothers sharing the same birthday, footy team and IP address is extremely low

I'm prepared to take his word for it because Purtelli talked about how Fill was carrying on in that thread. If Fill had enough insight to see that he was carrying on, he probably would have dropped the whole thing a lot sooner.

Also, if Fill was going to create an alias, surely he'd use a different birthday or whatever. idk.

Based on that, it's believable enough that they twins for me. I'd still prefer that Purtelli didn't vote on Riverina games as a gesture of goodwill to smooth things over, and he's happy enough with that, so i'm happy.

Even then, i'd completely understand if St Mark preferred to make it a 12 team comp.

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
GLENELG (SANFL)
Fill was/is 21, really, * he acted like a 13 year old. (coming from a 15 year old) and yes i know i act stupid on here sometimes

Greater Gattsby, wanna take over the reserves again? :p

I'm really in two minds. The Purtelli account popped up the day that the previous fabulousfill incident happened. In fact I (non-directly) asked if they were fabfill. The whole twins thing is a bit unbelievable for mine, and the only way we could be sure either way would be for Purtelli and fabfill to share personal details, which isn't going to happen. If Purtelli is just a fabfill alias, it'd be an easy lie to make.

We need to get this sorted this week, though. As rabbitoh20 and EMGEE_6 have said, the competition has hit a few road bumps very hard. I don't want to bring in a 14th team, then find out that this is a fabfill ruse, and have to find another bloody team.

purtelli_46, please don't vote in any of the Riverina Seals's games from now on.

• Then says twin

I'm his sister then.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gibbsy says yes, 12 team comp has the green light :thumbsu:

I said yes he has been perma'd. The final straw was seeing that both Fill and Purtelli's last activity were within two minutes of each other. We're not going to stick our heads in the sand and pretend that the "twin brother" excuse is real.

As for the 12-team comp – it's up to St Mark – but personally I think it's the way to go

I said yes he has been perma'd. The final straw was seeing that both Fill and Purtelli's last activity were within two minutes of each other. We're not going to stick our heads in the sand and pretend that the "twin brother" excuse is real.

As for the 12-team comp – it's up to St Mark – but personally I think it's the way to go
Given that this is his second big rule break (and this one's actually written into the board rules), and given that he only started up the Purtelli account after the last incident, I can't see how fabulousfill's team can stay in the compeition. Which is a shame, because alex 3549's jumpers were pretty good.

El_Scorcho, with your catchup fixture, do we remove all of the previous Riverina and Melbourne games from the ladder, or do they stay?

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Given that this is his second big rule break (and this one's actually written into the board rules), and given that he only started up the Purtelli account after the last incident, I can't see how fabulousfill's team can stay in the compeition. Which is a shame, because alex 3549's jumpers were pretty good.

El_Scorcho, with your catchup fixture, do we remove all of the previous Riverina and Melbourne games from the ladder, or do they stay?
Keep the current fixture. But whoever was playing Melbourne and Riverina plays each ither

Back