Discussion NAFL Reserves 2015-16 Franchise Announcement/Hub Thread

Should the winner of the pre-season logo round get points?

• Yes , they should get 4 points

• Yes, they should get 2 points

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
21320482204_12b5bd785f_o.png

Y'know, just in case a spot opens...

Last edited:

Cheers- I'd love to participate!

I've been lurking for a year or so but I mostly just checked out on here what people designed, I never kept up with how the competitions work so yeah, being able to jump in would be ******* rad. :)

The reshuffle worked perfectly in FIRA.

If you don't sneak in FreightTrain, there will be another league style competition starting mid January.

Definitely get involved asap though. If that teaser is a sign of things to come, you'll do very well here.

Absolutely love the graphic, but isn't this a bit of a knee jerk reaction from you lot? TFT could have he best guernseys ever made but we wouldn't know because the comp hasn't started.

Absolutely love the graphic, but isn't this a bit of a knee jerk reaction from you lot? TFT could have he best guernseys ever made but we wouldn't know because the comp hasn't started.

Correct, and who is to say that the guernsey quality match the logos. Not to say that TFT would produce a bad design, but a logo does not do enough to make a person an automatic entry into a top tier, especially in a guernsey design competition.

It's a suggestion based on basic extrapolation and I mentioned ADT too as a stand out. It's something that just should be implemented regardless in order to balance the competition instead of leaving a team in a division they either dominate or struggle to get a vote in.

That is fair, but it should not be done mid season. It is hard enough to run a competition let alone having to completely realign and redraw it mid season. Plus it could be considered unfair to those who have either played these weaker teams compared to those who haven't which then creates more problems with how to work out the standings or even have to replay matches.

I know people didn't like it when it was done, but the Can-Am realignment before the season caused the least amount of pain for all involved.

But with this being said, with the NAFL, all new entries no matter how good should always start in the reserves because there is history with the majority of the top division teams and they should not just be thrown out mid or pre-season due to a new entrant having a good design that could easily compete with them, make those changes once a new teams proves itself in the lower division first (even if it means the other teams in that division happen to get flogged for a season) and then have the relegation/promotion sort everything out. Or the below if that happens (but maybe with a vote of all reserves entries to decide who gets the replacement spot rather than just throwing someone new in because they just happen to want in at the right time);

I prefer that people earn their spot in the main comp (unless people leave/don't get their entries in).

demon_spud may lose his spot as he hasn't been on in over a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is fair, but it should not be done mid season. It is hard enough to run a competition let alone having to completely realign and redraw it mid season. Plus it could be considered unfair to those who have either played these weaker teams compared to those who haven't which then creates more problems with how to work out the standings or even have to replay matches.

I know people didn't like it when it was done, but the Can-Am realignment before the season caused the least amount of pain for all involved.

But with this being said, with the NAFL, all new entries no matter how good should always start in the reserves because there is history with the majority of the top division teams and they should not just be thrown out mid or pre-season due to a new entrant having a good design that could easily compete with them, make those changes once a new teams proves itself in the lower division first (even if it means the other teams in that division happen to get flogged for a season) and then have the relegation/promotion sort everything out. Or the below if that happens (but maybe with a vote of all reserves entries to decide who gets the replacement spot rather than just throwing someone new in because they just happen to want in at the right time);
Exactly. Those in the top tier are all there due to their history with the board or they earned it through the Reserves comp. If someone new comes, they should start in the reserves. For TFT, if he won the Reserves, then he's in the top comp. Simple as that

If you're in the reserves, you'll need the reserves logo, not the normal one.

Are you using Ai or Ps?

I know, just put the NAFL one there for now.

I use Photoshop, it's just quicker for me and what I learned on. :)

Hmm, Greater Gattsby has told me he'd be interested if another spot opened so maybe a 20 team competition. But if the main league will need someone to move up to replace demon spud I'm not too keen on a 19 team competition.
Question: Does the all-in-one have to include the back/shorts/socks or can it just be the front design?
Just the front design is required

Alright, I'm expanding this to 20 teams. I'd rather not make the competition too big, but I think I'll handle it. Expect a brand new fixture to be released tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back