Discussion NAFL Reserves 2015-16 Franchise Announcement/Hub Thread

Should the winner of the pre-season logo round get points?

• Yes , they should get 4 points

• Yes, they should get 2 points

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxwell110 can my team be called Whittlesea United Eagles? Eagles is the moniker of Whittlesea's pre-existing footy, netball and basketball teams.
That'll be fine mate.
Just my personal opinion, but Whittlesea Eagles might be a bit of a better name.
WHAT?
That's not what the op says.

Wish you blokes would work this stuff out straight away.
The op doesn't say you're not allowed to do that, it just doesn't say you are. Sorry if it is an inconvenience to you, I'll add the clarification now.

That'll be fine mate.
Just my personal opinion, but Whittlesea Eagles might be a bit of a better name.

The op doesn't say you're not allowed to do that, it just doesn't say you are. Sorry if it is an inconvenience to you, I'll add the clarification now.

You mean it was since i've already done a totally seperate clash.

How can you have a clash that's not a clash if it's the same as your home....... wait must be Collingwood.

You mean it was since i've already done a totally seperate clash.

How can you have a clash that's not a clash if it's the same as your home....... wait must be Collingwood.
Everyone must have a home and a clash, the away is an optional kit.

Bart can we stop for ice-cream?
Yes
screen-shot-2012-01-03-at-4-22-30-pm.png

The wording is very ambiguous and open to interpretation, fumbler. Most people can't be bothered doing an away kit because it would mean less of the clash kit.

Take Freo for example, their away (purple on white) is never used because of how shotty it looks. Therefore they prefer to wear their clash (white on white) on every away game where their home (purple on purple) clashes with the opposition.

Maxwell110 can we provide written explanations for all of our jumpers for everyone to see each round so they understand the thinking/meaning behind them?

Maxwell110 can we provide written explanations for all of our jumpers for everyone to see each round so they understand the thinking/meaning behind them?
You could include it in the image. Surely there isnt anything wrong with that? Itd definitely save Maxwell110 time when doing polls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll just leave this here...

I've always wondered why after designs have been submitted for comps that there wasn't something akin to a "big reveal" by each of the contestants and a bit of a backstory behind the designs/colours/names before the competition gets under way. I think it would help voters to get a better sense of the meaning behind each design and would add another layer to the thought process of voting. This is perfectly illustrated by Andonis1997's designs. I liked them, but didn't really get them and would often vote for another, more "obvious" design. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had voted for them more often.

Jumper Reveal - October 15th (Earlier if all entries are received earlier)
First off, the jumper reveal will be optional. If you don't want to submit anything extra you do not have to, I'll just use your all in one or your home image. However, you have the opportunity to educate the voters and other competitors on the meaning behind your design and maybe a little backstory of your club if you want to delve into that.

You can submit one image and/or 150 words max. However, words in the image do not count towards the word limit. I'm not saying you're allowed unlimited words in your image though, just use common sense.
Here's an example of what you could do with your image that shows roughly how many words would be acceptable.
logo_explanation_2.png

It's up to you what jumpers you want to include in your reveal image but it must include at least your home jumper. You can choose to keep your heritage and christmas kits secret, or you can have all your jumpers in it, it's up to you. I will allow for the announcements of those jumpers to happen one week before the relevant rounds if you want to go that way.

So to recap, if you want to you can submit a form of jumper reveal that displays the meaning/backstory/whatever you want for the beginning of the season, and you have the option to do the same thing for the one-off jumpers one week before their relevant rounds.

Sorry to inconvenience anyone who has already completed their designs or won't have the extra time to dedicate to a jumper reveal, that's why I've made it optional. If you don't want to do a jumper reveal for your team just let me know if you want me to post your all in one, or your home image when I do the big reveal. Also, this is somewhat experimental so I may have missed some points you're curious about or there may be some ways it could be improved, just let me know your questions or comments ASAP so that this can run as smoothly as possible.

Credit to crow28 for the suggestion and idea

Last edited:
I decided to whip up a scorebug

7VKiIBO.png

Just some little updates:
  • I got the date wrong for the jumper reveal, it's the 15th of October and not the 25th
  • The first round is slated to start on the 16th at the latest
  • I currently have 4 full entries, I'm not trying to pressure everyone but we can probably start a bit earlier if I have all entries in early
  • If you have any questions, comments or anything of the kind feel free to drop them in this thread

Jumper Reveal - October 15th (Earlier if all entries are received earlier)
First off, the jumper reveal will be optional. If you don't want to submit anything extra you do not have to, I'll just use your all in one or your home image. However, you have the opportunity to educate the voters and other competitors on the meaning behind your design and maybe a little backstory of your club if you want to delve into that.

You can submit one image and/or 150 words max. However, words in the image do not count towards the word limit. I'm not saying you're allowed unlimited words in your image though, just use common sense.
Here's an example of what you could do with your image that shows roughly how many words would be acceptable.
logo_explanation_2.png

It's up to you what jumpers you want to include in your reveal image but it must include at least your home jumper. You can choose to keep your heritage and christmas kits secret, or you can have all your jumpers in it, it's up to you. I will allow for the announcements of those jumpers to happen one week before the relevant rounds if you want to go that way.

So to recap, if you want to you can submit a form of jumper reveal that displays the meaning/backstory/whatever you want for the beginning of the season, and you have the option to do the same thing for the one-off jumpers one week before their relevant rounds.

Sorry to inconvenience anyone who has already completed their designs or won't have the extra time to dedicate to a jumper reveal, that's why I've made it optional. If you don't want to do a jumper reveal for your team just let me know if you want me to post your all in one, or your home image when I do the big reveal. Also, this is somewhat experimental so I may have missed some points you're curious about or there may be some ways it could be improved, just let me know your questions or comments ASAP so that this can run as smoothly as possible.

Credit to crow28 for the suggestion and idea
But the new season of True Detective just started, and Ballers, Humans, and the Brink look just as good or addictive....my time.....my time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back