Discussion NAFL/Reserves Feedback and Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: teams per state/territory

I propose more leeway for the popular states, WA, NSW and Victoria.

What I suggest in terms of team locations is:
Vic, NSW, WA: 3 teams each maximum, 2 teams each minimum, 1 capital city team each minimum
Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory, Tasmania, ACT, NZ: 2 teams max each

It simply makes sense to have more teams in those 3 states. We didn't even have a Melbourne or Sydney named team in the comp last year, but we had 3 teams in Tasmania. That's kinda silly.

Aren't worried about relegation are we craegy?

I don't care if I am relegated or not, yes it would hurt, but if my designs place me in those bottom two or three spots then fair enough. I just don't think those who fail to miss the finals should all be up for relegation just because there are enough people "worthy" of being in the top league.

Can you please explain Bundesliga playoffs? I'm really not into soccer.
Highest finishing relegation candidate faces the lowest finishing promotion candidate in a playoff game to decided whether they go up/down or stay in their respective leagues.

Hamburg avoided relegation for the first time in their history after finishing 16th (3rd last) and defeating the 3rd placed 2nd division team Karlsruher in a playoff game.

Obviously the bottom 2 in the Bundesliga went down automatically and the top 2 in the 2nd division went straight up.

Highest finishing relegation candidate faces the lowest finishing promotion candidate in a playoff game to decided whether they go up/down or stay in their respective leagues.

Hamburg avoided relegation for the first time in their history after finishing 16th (3rd last) and defeating the 3rd placed 2nd division team Karlsruher in a playoff game.

Obviously the bottom 2 in the Bundesliga went down automatically and the top 2 in the 2nd division went straight up.

I am fully behind this type of system. It is probably the fairest way to run promotion and relegation while still potentially changing 3 teams.

Without bothering to look back, is NSW really one of the more popular states for this?
For my own personal gain, I'd say NZ over NSW for 3, but just Vic and WA would do.
Well, in my ideal league it'd have at least one Sydney named team and one NSW country team. Leaves rooms for a third, like Bondi Hoogs. Either way, it's an optional 3rd slot for a more popular (size wise) state and one where it would make more sense IRL building a team... as opposed to 3 in Tassie or 3 in the ACT as we've had previously.

Same for Victoria, the two teams that were there this season is the same. Ballarat/country, Greenborough/suburban, then next season hopefully Melbourne (fyi that will be my team so any jabronis wanting to bid for Melbourne can fight me irl).

Well, in my ideal league it'd have at least one Sydney named team and one NSW country team. Leaves rooms for a third, like Bondi Hoogs. Either way, it's an optional 3rd slot for a more popular (size wise) state and one where it would make more sense IRL building a team... as opposed to 3 in Tassie or 3 in the ACT as we've had previously.

Same for Victoria, the two teams that were there this season is the same. Ballarat/country, Greenborough/suburban, then next season hopefully Melbourne (fyi that will be my team so any jabronis wanting to bid for Melbourne can fight me irl).

Melbourne Boomers relocation. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally agree about relaxing rules re locations.

And it doesn't even affect me really. I have a NZ spot sewn up as long as I want it. But enforcing 2 NT and ACT sides just because is a bit unneccesary.

I'd just have a quite simple system that each region must have at least 1 team and can have no more than 3.

Re: teams per state/territory

I propose more leeway for the popular states, WA, NSW and Victoria.

What I suggest in terms of team locations is:
Vic, NSW, WA: 3 teams each maximum, 2 teams each minimum, 1 capital city team each minimum
Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory, Tasmania, ACT, NZ: 2 teams max each

It simply makes sense to have more teams in those 3 states. We didn't even have a Melbourne or Sydney named team in the comp last year, but we had 3 teams in Tasmania. That's kinda silly.

I could move the Bucks ti Melbourne or Sydney next year.

I could move the Bucks ti Melbourne or Sydney next year.
... then next season hopefully Melbourne (fyi that will be my team so any jabronis wanting to bid for Melbourne can fight me irl).
!!

Actually I wouldn't force any current entries to move but new team bids should follow the proposed format.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back