Poll NAFL - Round 1

Which jumper do you prefer? Do not vote for yourself.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NAFL Round 1

Poll will be open for 4 days.

Do not vote for yourself or ask people to vote for you, you will be penalised.

Home team image is on top

Mount Isa Miners v Sydney Blues

88256_ab2926677fc5e39310ba92e76b1c7a07.png

ZzZ69Nh.png

Canberra Owls v Capital Hill Kookaburras

243j30i.png

CapitalHillFCClashUpdated_zps813c6594.png

Ballarat Diggers v Perth Jaguars

home_zps61fcf915.png~original

2pzloax.png

Wellington Makos v Perth Phoenix

WellingtonMakosHome201415_zps05d37b31.png

PerthPhoenixHome_zps7c3b5a9b.png~original

Alice Springs Adders v Bass Strait Swordfish

fD8n8E5.png

Away_zpsbb5cbcfe.png

Adelaide River Crocodiles v Cairns Chargers

AdelaideRiverCrocodileshome_zpsa6de617c.png

Hahndorf Eagles v Port Macquarie Power

Away_zpscca82930.png

Canberra Parliament v Melbourne Royals

CanberraParliamenthome_zps1368f2c8.jpg

Melbourne-Royals-CLASH-JUMPER_zps534ec7e8.png

Waikato Tigers v Hobart Hornets

lOuLjPK.png

The Diggers jumper looks familiar. Wasn't it used last year?
Yeah, it's based on last year's. I tried to make it a natural evolution on the last guernsey.

I'm surprised that the Waikato vs Hobart game has blown out that much. It was the matchup that I had the hardest time splitting, and went with Hobart by a whisker.

Yeah, it's based on last year's. I tried to make it a natural evolution on the last guernsey.

That's what I did too, just updated the colours to make them a bit nicer but the design is essentially the same. I feel like in real life a club wouldn't be changing their design dramatically each year so I tried to take that into consideration :)

I have to keep telling myself in these threads that losing 20-0 can sometimes mean that all 20 people had you as a very slight 49%-51% loser, but getting smashed in these comps still always hurts.

That said, I love the standard this year. Organising it 3 months early and giving people some time to really work on their designs has paid off big time. This is the best standard of competition that has been run on this board in my 6 or 7 years here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That said, I love the standard this year. Organising it 3 months early and giving people some time to really work on their designs has paid off big time. This is the best standard of competition that has been run on this board in my 6 or 7 years here.

Absolutely, I cannot remember a single competition in my many years on here that has been of such high quality (maybe some with only a small number of entries, but never this many).

Well done all involved.

I have to keep telling myself in these threads that losing 20-0 can sometimes mean that all 20 people had you as a very slight 49%-51% loser, but getting smashed in these comps still always hurts.

That was the case for me in your matchup (I eventually voted for you).

my favorite design in this whole round is the mt isa design but i think the jaguars will win again

If iMach did his on paint and not illustrator with fancy shadowing I honestly wonder how he'd fare.

Big fan of the design – I assume it's some sort of WA SoO fauxback with hoops – but template is a big vote puller. In fact I think it's a huge issue on this board.

Just to repeat, I love the design, but people vote for templates unfortunately.

If iMach did his on paint and not illustrator with fancy shadowing I honestly wonder how he'd fare.

Big fan of the design – I assume it's some sort of WA SoO fauxback with hoops – but template is a big vote puller. In fact I think it's a huge issue on this board.

Just to repeat, I love the design, but people vote for templates unfortunately.
I've considered discussing having a competition where everyone uses the same template but with so many different programs being used it's not feasible.

I remember having a big rant in a competition where someone had entered a brilliant Washington Redskins crossover that never got votes because of the paint template it was on.

I remember people justifying their votes with "nah I just don't really like the design as much". It ******* infuriated me.

What can you do though? I don't think reigning in our best graphic designers is good for the board either tbh.

Would lmach's entry be getting as many votes if it was on the templates being used in the NAFL ressies? I doubt it. But it's literally moved this board forwards in template awesomeness and that deserves votes tbh.

I voted for him this week in my toughest decision of the round.

I've considered discussing having a competition where everyone uses the same template but with so many different programs being used it's not feasible.

I remember having a big rant in a competition where someone had entered a brilliant Washington Redskins crossover that never got votes because of the paint template it was on.

I remember people justifying their votes with "nah I just don't really like the design as much". It ******* infuriated me.

What can you do though? I don't think reigning in our best graphic designers is good for the board either tbh.

Would lmach's entry be getting as many votes if it was on the templates being used in the NAFL ressies? I doubt it. But it's literally moved this board forwards in template awesomeness and that deserves votes tbh.

I voted for him this week in my toughest decision of the round.
I don't think template standardisation is the way to go. I think just educating everybody to consciously think, before they vote, to vote for unique and cool designs no matter what template. Although new templates are always cool.

Back