Nahas2Waite Phantom Draft 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note, Fitzpatrick played majority VFL this year too. Now that Hale has retired Ceglar takes his spot in the starting 22. There's no expectation on someone drafted last year (Pittonet) to be back up to Ceglar and McEvoy, that's why Fitzpatrick got brought in.

I think that's the same with Brown. Previous AFL and VFL experience and ready to go like Fitzpatrick when he needs to fill in. Brown got called up by the AFL to fill in for Essendon at the start of the year when all that WADA/ASADA stuff was going on and showed he can perform if needed. Collins didn't because he's not ready to step up.

So u would draft him with 15 or 18

So u would draft him with 15 or 18

Of course.

The Hawks offered both 15 and 18 for Carlisle so don't you think it's logical that they want someone who can play straight away? The benefit of not getting Carlisle is they can now get a ready made player AND still have a first round pick.

Plenty of KPPs don't come good until their mid to late 20s. Brown is 25 and is just hitting his prime and I still don't see why you're against getting him in. Fitzpatrick was not best 22 and was playing VFL this year but he was traded in. Brown played VFL and was part of a successful AFL team culture just the year before. In your opinion, do you think the Hawks shouldn't have traded in Fitzpatrick and gone for a young ruck or ruck/forward in the draft instead?

Ratten won't be expecting a xmas card from SOS when Hawks take SOSOS at pick 19
Can't wait to see him play for us. If we didn't need Mitch Brown so badly, I'd rather we used our pick 16 on him just to make sure we landed him. Should even be better than his father Stephen Kernahan.

Of course.

The Hawks offered both 15 and 18 for Carlisle so don't you think it's logical that they want someone who can play straight away? The benefit of not getting Carlisle is they can now get a ready made player AND still have a first round pick.

Plenty of KPPs don't come good until their mid to late 20s. Brown is 25 and is just hitting his prime and I still don't see why you're against getting him in. Fitzpatrick was not best 22 and was playing VFL this year but he was traded in. Brown played VFL and was part of a successful AFL team culture just the year before. In your opinion, do you think the Hawks shouldn't have traded in Fitzpatrick and gone for a young ruck or ruck/forward in the draft instead?

Ur crazy.

He will be available at out third pick. If they take him there, I'll be 50/50 because no one is taking him in the top 30.

Maybe freo

Solid as always dude.

Only pick I disagree with is Saints at pick 15.

I think they will also choose Dunkley which will result in a 3 way sudden death bidding round. I expect carlton to lose Murphy during the negotiations.

Ur crazy.

He will be available at out third pick. If they take him there, I'll be 50/50 because no one is taking him in the top 30.

Maybe freo

You're silly. No one is taking him in the top 30 but maybe Freo? That doesn't make sense. There are a few clubs interested in him so Brown won't last until pick 47. Bulldogs, Essendon, Freo and Gold Coast all need a KD. I reckon there would be another club or two who we don't know about that's interested in him. Hardly anyone knew that GWS were interested in Marchbank last year.

Why do you think they traded Fitzpatrick in? They didn't want him gone by their 3rd pick and miss out on him.

You're silly. No one is taking him in the top 30 but maybe Freo? That doesn't make sense. There are a few clubs interested in him so Brown won't last until pick 47. Bulldogs, Essendon, Freo and Gold Coast all need a KD. I reckon there would be another club or two who we don't know about that's interested in him. Hardly anyone knew that GWS were interested in Marchbank last year.

Why do you think they traded Fitzpatrick in? They didn't want him gone by their 3rd pick and miss out on him.

No mitch brown with our first two picks. HAPPY MAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Collins either though, strange don't you think?

I'm not sure about Burton. Gunstall said SOSOS would be better, I hope he's wrong but SOSOS has the football gene in him so I'm not so sure.

Nah, in reality we have spangher who can play. Heatherly and Brand who have done their development time in the vfl and deserve a chance.

if burton didn't get injured, easily top 10. Hawks wouldn't take him if he wasn't 100% or couldn't be made 100%. he will be a great third tall and our fwd line of the future looks bright.

Plus i think we will have more player transition into mid/fwd and mid/back, rather than fwd/mid and back/mid

Nah, in reality we have spangher who can play. Heatherly and Brand who have done their development time in the vfl and deserve a chance.

if burton didn't get injured, easily top 10. Hawks wouldn't take him if he wasn't 100% or couldn't be made 100%. he will be a great third tall and our fwd line of the future looks bright.

Good to see Hawks got Burton and Hardwick so if Port poaches Gunston then there are a couple of replacements.

Good to see Hawks got Burton and Hardwick so if Port poaches Gunston then there are a couple of replacements.

Thus gunston to port thing won't happen, gunno isn't a free agent for a while and if a trade was requested it would be 2 first rounders

Hi all

My first attempt at one of these, based largely on my opinion and a few things I've heard around the traps.

1. Carlton Jacob Weightman

Best key defender

2. Brisbane Josh Schache

Best key forward

7. Gold Coast Brandon Ah Chee

Electrifying small forward

15. St Kilda Jade Gresham

Milne replacement

Nailed these picks and was a bit stiff with the academy bidding. I give myself a B+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back