Analysis Naitanui - someone taught him how to take a mark!

Remove this Banner Ad

watching some of those old clips, its apparent that his marking has actually deteriorated over his career. the club needs to hold someone accountable for this.

surely we can teach him how to hold his ground in marking contests, instead of trying to fly every time.

watching some of those old clips, its apparent that his marking has actually deteriorated over his career. the club needs to hold someone accountable for this

Got anyone in mind?

Looking forward to Garry Lyon taking his frustration of the loss to us out on Naitanui next week.

"But he doesn't take a mark Hutchy!"

Bookmark it.

His biggest problem is he doesn't lead for the ball carrier, instead he makes the ball carrier kick at him. I'm not sure if thats opposition tactics having someone sit in front of him in his leading space.

Can somebody with the technical knowledge please post a video from 6.48 to 6.17 in the third quarter, so I can post it in every NN thread on Bigfooty? Pretty please.

Was that when he just kept smashing and bullocking it forward? Just immense pressure from him.

Can somebody with the technical knowledge please post a video from 6.48 to 6.17 in the third quarter, so I can post it in every NN thread on Bigfooty? Pretty please.
Was that when he basically picked up a pack of players and the ball and carried it from the first ruck contest to about 40m out from our goal?
EDIT - post about beat me to it, by about an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or even take a mark.
It you take away all the 1 percenters and pressure acts Jack Watts had a better 40 seconds than Naitanui did.
Zing.

Woeful kick from Masten, this bloke will never be a goal kicking mid
As soon as I saw him kick for goal, I new he would miss, my mate was getting excited about all the pressure and thought he would score. I just sat there with a blunt look knowing what the result would be...a behind.

As soon as I saw him kick for goal, I new he would miss, my mate was getting excited about all the pressure and thought he would score. I just sat there with a blunt look knowing what the result would be...a behind.

What's happened to his goal kicking this year? It's been horrendous.

What's happened to his goal kicking this year? It's been horrendous.
No idea, but 0 goals 7 behinds for the year is terrible. In saying this, if at the beginning of the year the one thing about Masten that would be complained about is his goal-kicking, then there is no problem. :)

Woeful kick from Masten, this bloke will never be a goal kicking mid
He kicked more goals in a thirty game stretch from R1 2012 to R6 2013 than the rest of his career combined.

2008-2009: 6 goals
2010-2011: 11 goals
2012-2013: 29 goals
2014-2015: 5 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back