Name a Game DVDs $10 today only

Just got 10 of the best....there's my summer watching!

Very disappointing that I could not find a winning Brisbane Bears game from 1993 (N.Buckley), or Sydney's win vs Melbourne in the same year.

Picked up some crackers of games though...including...

*86EF - Fitzroy vs Essendon (Mick Conlan goal)
*95SOO - Victoria vs SA (Whitten lap)
*91R13 - Collingwood vs Essendon (cracking GF rematch)
*91SF - Hawthorn vs Geelong (2 pt thriller, Jarman dominant from memory)
*92R7 - Brisbane vs Geelong (record score)
*91R24 - Fitzroy vs West Coast (Lions beat all conquering Eagles)
*92R2 - Sydney vs West Coast (as above, but Sydney)
*99R19 - Collingwood vs Richmond (we win a game in 99)
*00R4 - Sydney vs Collingwood (A Rocca wins it with 20 secs left)
*88SF - Hawthorn vs Carlton (all square at 3/4 time, Hawks pull away)

I went a bit overboard, but I guess it's not everyday that Name a Game DVDs are going for $10 a pop. :eek:

Anyhow, here's what I ordered:

1st Semi-final, 1989 - Geelong vs Melbourne (63 point smashing. Geelong bouncing back from a 76 point slaughter the week before.)
Preliminary final, 1989 - Geelong vs Essendon (94 point smashing. Got it simply for the Gary Ablett show.)
Round 18, 1993 - Geelong vs North Melbourne (Ablett's first ton. Ends up kicking 10 on Mick Martyn as Geelong make a belated run for a finals berth with a 94 point smacking.)
Round 19, 1993 - Geelong vs Hawthorn (82 point win as the Geelong juggernaut continues to gain momentum.)
Second Semi Final, 1994 - Geelong vs Carlton (No Hocking, Bairstow, Couch and Hinkley, yet Geelong manage to win by 33 points to condemn Carlton to a straight-sets finals exit.)
Round 8, 1995 - Geelong vs Richmond (Tiger army up and running, coming into the game undefeated, but ran into a red hot Geelong, losing by 12 goals)
Round 9, 1995 - Geelong vs North Melbourne (Geelong down by a point at half time, but run amok in the 2nd half en route to a 10 goal win)
Round 11, 1995 - Geelong vs Essendon (Another classic Cats-Bombers clash in the 90's. Geelong winning by 11 points.)
Round 13, 1995 - Geelong vs West Coast (Grand final replay. Geelong overcome a goal-less first quarter to win by 52 points.)
State of Origin, 1995 - Victoria vs South Australia (EJ's lap of honour)
Round 1, 1996 - Geelong vs Melbourne (127 point smashing. Probably Ablett's last hurrah as he bags a lazy 9.)
Round 4, 1997 - Geelong vs Essendon (Geelong sneak home by 7 points in another 90's thriller between the two sides.)
Round 18, 1997 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Geelong avenge their earlier loss with a 85 point win, punctuated by a 10 goal final term. Probably Jason Snell's finest game.)
Round 7, 1998 - Geelong vs Essendon (Another single figure margin between these two sides, as Geelong sneak home by 9 points.)
Round 12, 1998 - Geelong vs Melbourne (Geelong keep Melbourne goalless for the first half en route to a 95 point drubbing that was marred by a season ending injury to Ben Graham.)
Round 22, 1998 - Geelong vs Essendon (Geelong end their poorest season in recent memory with a 10 point victory in the last game with Hovey as president.)
Round 18, 2000 - Geelong vs Adelaide (7 point thriller, with a young Joel Corey kicking the winning goal.)
Round 22, 2000 - Geelong vs Sydney (4 point thriller for a spot in the finals. Paul Kelly launches a long bomb on the final siren, but just misses.)
Round 14, 2001 - Geelong vs Collingwood (Purely for the Clint Bizzell specky fest.)
Round 4, 2002 - Geelong vs St.Kilda (122 point spanking. Getting it only to see a young Ablett jnr pinch the ball out of Trent Knobel's hands, and a young bloke who was then known as Jarad putting Stewie Loewe on his butt with a ripping shirt-front.)
Round 12, 2002 - Geelong vs Sydney (2 point thriller.)
Round 15, 2002 - Geelong vs Collingwood (28 point win. Memorable for Buckley smearing his blood on Ling's jumper.)
Round 16, 2002 - Geelong vs Essendon (Purely for the lols of watching Kingsley destroy Dustin Fletcher.)
Round 14, 2003 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (1 point thriller with Ben Graham kicking the winning goal.)
Round 5, 2005 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Another thriller, with Tredrea seemingly being molestered by Scarlett seconds before the final siren.)

Jun 23, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolute scorcher of a deal. Hopefully Sports Delivered realises that all of these vids always should be priced at $10-$15 :thumbsu:

Nabbed R8 1997 (Pies vs Dogs), R1 2000 (Pies vs Hawks), R2 2000 (Pies vs Crows), R3 2000 (Pies vs Blues), R5 2002 (Pies vs Dons in the wet on Anzac Day) woohoo.

I really hope sports delivered lowers its prices after this deal considering the amount of people that are buying from them today. $35 is simply too much.

I ordered:
1998 Semi Final V Sydney @ SCG (Upset finals win with Vardy kicking 6 in the wet)
2001 Round 4 V Carlton @ Princes Park (In the middle of a storm, Ricciuto single-handedly defeats the Blues with some magic)
2001 Round 9 V Brisbane @ Gabba (A thriller in which we beat Brisbane at the Gabba!)
2002 Round 10 V Brisbane @ Football Park (Thrilling victory with an amazing atmosphere, about 47K IIRC)
2003 Round 9 V Western Bulldogs @ Football Park (In what was appearing to be an embarrassing loss, we kick 7 goals to 1 in the quarter to pinch a come from behind win)
2006 Round 10 V Essendon @ Football Park (30.8, Hentschel kicks 8, Ricciuto dominates and McLeod's 250th in which he takes a screamer)
2009 Round 1 V Collingwood @ MCG (A stunning win at the time, great way to open a season but it is a shame what happened later that year:()
2010 Round 16 V Geelong @ Football Park (Not much explanation needed)

cammania

Turning It Up.
Nov 18, 2007
G-LONG
AFL Club
West Coast
Round 21 2007, WCE vs stakilda @ Telstra dome: Got Ben Cousins Dirty Jumepr from that match
Round 22 2009, WCE vs Richmond @ Subiaco: Got Nic Nats Dirty Jumper from the game.
Round 13 2009, Bris V Rich @ Gabba: Got Troy Selwoods Dirty Jumper from that Game.
Round 16 2007 WCE vs Sydney @ Subi: Bens Comeback Game
Round 8 2006 WCE vs ESS: Judds 100th, and Coxy Kicks a goal when he ran behind the point post and handfballed to himself. Was at game,in front of it. BRILLIANT.
Round 10 2006, WCE vs Geelong @ Geelong. the comeback game. was there at game.
Preliminary Final 06. WCE vs ADELAIDE @ Adelaide. Gets us through to granny, was a hard fought contest. ROJO misses directly in front and almost costs us a spot in the GF.
Round 15 2005 WCE vs North Melb at Telstra dome. Judd Partially tears North a new one. Was one game i remember wwell, because the blokes at work who are north supporters remeber the night well. Plus Leigh harding ran into an open goal ten meters out and 50 meters in the clear, the cheer squad was already celebrating and pumped it into the post. West coast win.
Round X 2010, WCE vs ESS, Docklands, LeCras Kicks 12. was there and happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.:)
round 12 2003 WCE vs Bris at Gabba. Judd assults Brisbane at thier peak. we win by 69, judd kicks 5

I went a bit overboard, but I guess it's not everyday that Name a Game DVDs are going for $10 a pop. :eek:

Anyhow, here's what I ordered:

1st Semi-final, 1989 - Geelong vs Melbourne (63 point smashing. Geelong bouncing back from a 76 point slaughter the week before.)
Preliminary final, 1989 - Geelong vs Essendon (94 point smashing. Got it simply for the Gary Ablett show.)
Round 18, 1993 - Geelong vs North Melbourne (Ablett's first ton. Ends up kicking 10 on Mick Martyn as Geelong make a belated run for a finals berth with a 94 point smacking.)
Round 19, 1993 - Geelong vs Hawthorn (82 point win as the Geelong juggernaut continues to gain momentum.)
Second Semi Final, 1994 - Geelong vs Carlton (No Hocking, Bairstow, Couch and Hinkley, yet Geelong manage to win by 33 points to condemn Carlton to a straight-sets finals exit.)
Round 8, 1995 - Geelong vs Richmond (Tiger army up and running, coming into the game undefeated, but ran into a red hot Geelong, losing by 12 goals)
Round 9, 1995 - Geelong vs North Melbourne (Geelong down by a point at half time, but run amok in the 2nd half en route to a 10 goal win)
Round 11, 1995 - Geelong vs Essendon (Another classic Cats-Bombers clash in the 90's. Geelong winning by 11 points.)
Round 13, 1995 - Geelong vs West Coast (Grand final replay. Geelong overcome a goal-less first quarter to win by 52 points.)
State of Origin, 1995 - Victoria vs South Australia (EJ's lap of honour)
Round 1, 1996 - Geelong vs Melbourne (127 point smashing. Probably Ablett's last hurrah as he bags a lazy 9.)
Round 4, 1997 - Geelong vs Essendon (Geelong sneak home by 7 points in another 90's thriller between the two sides.)
Round 18, 1997 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Geelong avenge their earlier loss with a 85 point win, punctuated by a 10 goal final term. Probably Jason Snell's finest game.)
Round 7, 1998 - Geelong vs Essendon (Another single figure margin between these two sides, as Geelong sneak home by 9 points.)
Round 12, 1998 - Geelong vs Melbourne (Geelong keep Melbourne goalless for the first half en route to a 95 point drubbing that was marred by a season ending injury to Ben Graham.)
Round 22, 1998 - Geelong vs Essendon (Geelong end their poorest season in recent memory with a 10 point victory in the last game with Hovey as president.)
Round 18, 2000 - Geelong vs Adelaide (7 point thriller, with a young Joel Corey kicking the winning goal.)
Round 22, 2000 - Geelong vs Sydney (4 point thriller for a spot in the finals. Paul Kelly launches a long bomb on the final siren, but just misses.)
Round 14, 2001 - Geelong vs Collingwood (Purely for the Clint Bizzell specky fest.)
Round 4, 2002 - Geelong vs St.Kilda (122 point spanking. Getting it only to see a young Ablett jnr pinch the ball out of Trent Knobel's hands, and a young bloke who was then known as Jarad putting Stewie Loewe on his butt with a ripping shirt-front.)
Round 12, 2002 - Geelong vs Sydney (2 point thriller.)
Round 15, 2002 - Geelong vs Collingwood (28 point win. Memorable for Buckley smearing his blood on Ling's jumper.)
Round 16, 2002 - Geelong vs Essendon (Purely for the lols of watching Kingsley destroy Dustin Fletcher.)
Round 14, 2003 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (1 point thriller with Ben Graham kicking the winning goal.)
Round 5, 2005 - Geelong vs Port Adelaide (Another thriller, with Tredrea seemingly being molestered by Scarlett seconds before the final siren.)

And I thought I spent a lot :D

Quite a few of those games I remember well. You have all those games from 2002, yet didn't find room for the Carlton game when Riccardi kicked the winning goal after you thought you had victory snatched from your hands? Also, that Sydney game, I think was Schwass and Lockett's final games and Hall's 100th. Sydney had every reason to win and you still managed to come from nowhere to win it.

One of my favourite games involving Geelong was round 15, 1997 against North when you won by ten points and Bluey McGrath laid a late to perhaps seal the result. The victory took Geelong to the top of the ladder and put North's top four hopes in serious jeopardy. The build-up to the game was massive.

Also, the final round of the same season against Sydney is one I thought you would have included too.

And I thought I spent a lot :D

Quite a few of those games I remember well. You have all those games from 2002, yet didn't find room for the Carlton game when Riccardi kicked the winning goal after you thought you had victory snatched from your hands? Also, that Sydney game, I think was Schwass and Lockett's final games and Hall's 100th. Sydney had every reason to win and you still managed to come from nowhere to win it.

One of my favourite games involving Geelong was round 15, 1997 against North when you won by ten points and Bluey McGrath laid a late to perhaps seal the result. The victory took Geelong to the top of the ladder and put North's top four hopes in serious jeopardy. The build-up to the game was massive.

Also, the final round of the same season against Sydney is one I thought you would have included too.

Only reason I didn't buy the Carlton game in 2002 is that I've already got a copy of it. ;) But yeah, if I didn't, it definitely would've been on the list.

On reflection, one game I could've got but didn't was the game against the Western Bulldogs in 1998 where we won by a point and a previously (and probably still) unknown Justin Wood kicked four goals.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ended up getting 16 myself, there was no way I could resist!:thumbsu: I had to hold myself at getting more.:D All but one were wins, with the 1998 game against NM the only loss I got (the game where a controversial HTB was paid against Rehn close to the siren). And I also got the Hall of Fame Tribute match from 2008, been wanting that for a while.

CAB12

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2010
Seaford
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies
Bugger missed it too. What a bargain wish I had of known!
I won't ever bu off them until they are under 20 bucks.

Its such a rip off for a normal game on normal DVD. Wish they were 15 bucks all year round at most, they would make a truckload. I could easily buy a whole years worth times a few,

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Bugger missed it too. What a bargain wish I had of known!
I won't ever bu off them until they are under 20 bucks.

Its such a rip off for a normal game on normal DVD. Wish they were 15 bucks all year round at most, they would make a truckload. I could easily buy a whole years worth times a few,

Yeah. You would think a sale like this, which would be netting them massive sales would give them an indication that their prices are far too high. I mean, usually you're getting charged $35 for one game burned to a DVD-R, that's a Blu Ray movie price.

I'm not saying $10 all the time but between that and $20 would probably be more appealing to people and increase their business.

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couldn't agree more.

No doubt this promotion is to give them an indication of what sort of profit they would make if they lowered their prices.

regretably, id say it was simply to get some cash in the door - debts to pay etc - quickest easiest way to do it, without committing to something they'd regret.

hope im wrong, but retailers everywhere are doing it.

CAB12

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2010
Seaford
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies
Just hoping they take this sale into account and realise how many people can afford and would pay for the games.

Even if the new BigFooty was here they could easily join with them and promote and find that alot of dedicated supporters are here and are willing to buy, ony the prices are turn offs.

Back