Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
3 huh?

1. The recruits (Jaksch, Jones, Boekhorst, Clem, DVR, Whiley, Tutt, Dick.........)

2. The Irish

3. The resurrected stars
(Thomas, Judd, Walker, Carrazzo....)

Next in the Rowe, we need an Extractor to remove The Head from the a... of negative thinking "supporters".

Sorry Thy, this old fella is optimistic as to where the list can take us............ (Big Kev syndrome)

(amazing how one underwhelming pre season match with our B team can evoke so much negativity on the board)

3 huh?

Sorry Thy, this old fella is optimistic as to where the list can take us............ (Big Kev syndrome)

(amazing how one underwhelming pre season match with our B team can evoke so much negativity on the board)

I like old fellas......if you know what I mean......

Not all the newbies will work out in the first year........although we hope they will.......of course.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I like old fellas......if you know what I mean......

Not all the newbies will work out in the first year........although we hope they will.......of course.
200.gif

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
cripps - its exciting to watch kids like this grow and build into what could potentially be a similar type to kouta. i feel like its time to unleash him into our midfield. give him some tasks along the way so he keeps both the attacking and defensive sides of his game up and about and he will grow into a player that could literally play any position. height...build...and of course skill - exciting prospect. appears to have a great infectious attitude.

menzel - a joy to see him glide through traffic and dispose with ease and class. oozes finesse. sublime. 26 goals last year....surely he's got 15-20 more in him. has a pretty good grab on him to. sincerely hope we have him for his entire career - this is the only thing that concerns me with him.

thomas - was quite content with his season last year considering his ankle, my expectations are higher this year though. elite when flying...very smart and versatile. thrives on taking the opposition on. more than capable of creating something out of nothing. he should be fitter and hungrier than he was last year. i think we'll see him float around the half back flanks and wings (alongside yarran, docherty, simpson, touhy, buckley and hopefully walker - our rebounding defensive options has depth).

bring it on!!

PaddySoul

Rookie
Jan 25, 2015
Royal Parade
AFL Club
Carlton
The Elder Wand: Yarran - unstoppable force

The Ressurrection Stone: Thomas - back from the dead

The Invisibility Cloak: Everitt - flying under the radar yet continue playing his role to perfection and making us all the better for it.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
3 huh?

1. The recruits (Jaksch, Jones, Boekhorst, Clem, DVR, Whiley, Tutt, Dick.........)

2. The Irish

3. The resurrected stars
(Thomas, Judd, Walker, Carrazzo....)

Next in the Rowe, we need an Extractor to remove The Head from the a... of negative thinking "supporters".

You were only allowed 1 scoop of ice cream!

Post of the week for mine. Coona Blues, ill remember that name.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Im really just looking at our best 22 and who has considerable room for improvement.

Its scary to think what we will look like if Yarran, Menzel and Buckley go up another peg. Youd expect improvement from all of them. Quite scary really. I dont think we have seen Hendo hit a ceiling either, he still has growth in him as a player. Daisy returning to his best and we are a scary side on paper. If Casboult can more involved in the game we are good to go.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
of course it did......

Well I was about 11 when the first book came out, and I can distinctly remember almost every kid in the year level lining up for the books, swapping them at school, etc. When you're actually in the target demographic for the books you have a different perspective on how they impacted reading among your peers.

Anyway, go my top 3 for 2015.

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Well I was about 11 when the first book came out, and I can distinctly remember almost every kid in the year level lining up for the books, swapping them at school, etc.
1997, yeah?

I guess as a young adult I was more focused on tearily farewelling Sticks, Diesel, Mil, Earl and other greats who hung up the boots that year.

But boy, isn't that 17yo Big Red impressive? I bet he grows up to be captain some day.

(Feel really old now :cry:)

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
1997, yeah?

I guess as a young adult I was more focused on tearily farewelling Sticks, Diesel, Mil, Earl and other greats who hung up the boots that year.

But boy, isn't that 17yo Big Red impressive? I bet he grows up to be captain some day.

(Feel really old now :cry:)

If it was '97 then I was 10 turning 11, so grade 4 and the perfect age for a budding HP fan! I wasn't really into football yet.

Back