Nathan '2-3 weeks' Freeman

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty disappointing that he can't get out onto the field. We draft a player who has speed and he keeps doing hammies.

Not a wasted pick imo he was just unlucky with the first hamstring he did. Injuring the other hammy isn't good enough and that comes down to the fitness coach.

I like your optimism but it strikes me as very concerning that he has done both hammys. Throw in Adam Oxley and Sharenberg and we should be demanding a refund. Basically nothing from three high draft picks. Patience is a virtue when you know you have a gun but we don't even know what (if anything) these boys are capable of producing.
We gave Josh Thomas 3 years. We can give Freeman one year.
Oxley fell badly on the ankle in the pre season most initially thought it was season ending, eventually it's turned out to be that. Wasn't in the best 22 anyway.
Scharenberg just played his first game, he'll be a 10 year player and you want a refund? Why? First year players aren't drafted to win you flags immediately unless they are lucky.

I like your optimism but it strikes me as very concerning that he has done both hammys. Throw in Adam Oxley and Sharenberg and we should be demanding a refund. Basically nothing from three high draft picks. Patience is a virtue when you know you have a gun but we don't even know what (if anything) these boys are capable of producing.

fwiw oxley was taken 35th in the rookie draft.

Scharenberg was never gonna play much this year everyone knew that when we drafted him. He was always about next year and he's gonna be a gun for us. Oxley I don't think was a high pick but I might be wrong I just can't remember. Freeman has been frustrating but I bet he is frustrated more then any of us are.

To be honest you wouldn't want Freeman running around in the seniors in his first season anyway. You'd want that 10 or so games under the belt. No big loss.

May yet all turn out ok, but would think we'd like our pick 10 again.
I expect nothing from Freeman and will be be pleasantly surprised if he ever plays a game for us. I don't blame anyone but he is a wasted draft pick to me until proven otherwise. We seem to have developed a talent for recruiting fragile players.
Yep, 1st year player struggles with injury - we'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him now :rolleyes:

When Luke Ball was drafted to St.Kilda, he didn't play the whole first season as far as I recall.
I think that even Dangerfield did not play year after he was drafted.
Pretty silly to expect a first year player to make a huge impact anyway.
These 2 kids will be something. I like the size of them.
I saw Freeman few weeks ago at training and he is a big boy.
Add super speed and his size and he cold be something special in midfield.
Scharenberg was rated by some as best player in draft.
Oxenberg was a rookie !
The old saying: Patience is a Virtue !!!

I think there is a little concern with Freeman. A season out with soft tissue injuries at his age could flag a longer term history. Doesn't mean he can't recover completely but there is a risk now this could bean ongoing issue in his career.

The other slight concern I have with both Scharenberg and Freeman is the loss of development. They will have fallen behind their peers from last years draft as they will not have had the chance to develop their game. Means 2015 may well still be mainly VFL time before they are senior ready.

It's not ideal but they can recover the lost ground. Won't surprise if 2015 isn't a big year for the pair.

Dayne Beams should definitely have been delisted after his 16 week quad. He just proves that 1 bad soft tissue injury means a draftee has no future.

No-one talked about delisting anyone. I expressed concern about Freeman's hamstrings which are notorious for becoming a recurring problem. If it doesn't concern you I am very happy.

When Luke Ball was drafted to St.Kilda, he didn't play the whole first season as far as I recall.
I think that even Dangerfield did not play year after he was drafted.
Pretty silly to expect a first year player to make a huge impact anyway.
These 2 kids will be something. I like the size of them.
I saw Freeman few weeks ago at training and he is a big boy.
Add super speed and his size and he cold be something special in midfield.
Scharenberg was rated by some as best player in draft.
Oxenberg was a rookie !
The old saying: Patience is a Virtue !!!

You mean like Bontempelli, Kade Kolodjashnij, James Aish and Luke McDonald?

We gave Josh Thomas 3 years. We can give Freeman one year.
Oxley fell badly on the ankle in the pre season most initially thought it was season ending, eventually it's turned out to be that. Wasn't in the best 22 anyway.
Scharenberg just played his first game, he'll be a 10 year player and you want a refund? Why? First year players aren't drafted to win you flags immediately unless they are lucky.

He might not have been in your best 22 but he was in Buckley's. He stated this at the start of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this thread may give us some info on what's going on. Alas no. Just another thread telling us what we already know and have known for nearly six months.
2 posts above you "Original hamstring is fine, has done the other leg twice in a month now."

No-one talked about delisting anyone. I expressed concern about Freeman's hamstrings which are notorious for becoming a recurring problem. If it doesn't concern you I am very happy.
Expressed concern before or after we drafted him, if its the later, you're are not a supporter if you're not concerned.

It is slightly concerning that he keeps doing hamstrings at such a young age. We have to hope it is just bad luck and not an indication of things to come.

Shattered that we haven't gotten more games into Shazza and Freeman this year as they are a big part of the future for us. Still, Langdon seems a gem of a find.

Nathan "Money Bags" Freeman, you realize he has missed 2 nab cup games and 17 home and away games this year and because he has got injured in an AFL sanctioned game he has been pulling in 3k a week match payments. Including Nab one he has got 60k this year in match payments for less than one half of footy.

Nathan "Money Bags" Freeman, you realize he has missed 2 nab cup games and 17 home and away games this year and because he has got injured in an AFL sanctioned game he has been pulling in 3k a week match payments. Including Nab one he has got 60k this year in match payments for less than one half of footy.
Still that's half to what franklin is getting per game.

Heard a rumour Freeman's Hammies have run off to join Rusling's Shoulders and Lee Walker's Knees at a crack house in Craigieburn

I expect nothing from Freeman and will be be pleasantly surprised if he ever plays a game for us. I don't blame anyone but he is a wasted draft pick to me until proven otherwise. We seem to have developed a talent for recruiting fragile players.
Why be so dramatic? Why do you automatically expect nothing just because he's struggled with injury in his first year? Plenty of players go through similar things and turn out fine. Its far from ideal in terms of development but I dont get this compulsion to write him off based on a difficult few months

Once again, no change, still 2-3 weeks away.
Can somebody from the club actually tell us what's going on?
May as well put his cue in the rack for 2014.

Well technically if he was 3 weeks away last week and 2 weeks away this week then 2-3 weeks would be accurate.
I for one applaud the club for keeping us supporters informed with to date information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back