Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Welcome to Nathan, great club of choice!

IN:
Nathan Freeman + Pick 68 (this year)

OUT:
Future second rounder + Pick 63 (this year)

Source: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-10-20/saints-secure-freeman

ST KILDA has secured pacey midfielder Nathan Freeman to a three-year deal after confirming a trade with Collingwood.

The Magpies will receive the Saints’ second round pick in the 2016 National Draft and selection No.63 in this year’s draft in exchange for Freeman and pick No.68.

Freeman was taken with pick No.10 at the 2013 National Draft which means St Kilda now has four of the top 19 players - all midfielders - from that draft (Jack Billings pick No.3, Luke Dunstan pick No.18 and Blake Acres pick No.19).

Last edited:
good get for the price, much better than pick 20+ something would get us. hope his hammies hold up and we get to see what the kid can do

Get his hamstrings right and I think this will be a steal. Welcome to the club Nathan

We've all been banging on about our desperate need for pace through the middle, well we got some! Geary might finally have a challenger for the time trails! Look forward to the kid burning off opposition players.

Just over a week to get it done!

I think a future second round pick is about right. We were hoping to rip off the Maggies (3rd round + swap of 2nds, loved the offer toxic!) but I think we can all be content with this one.

Welcome Nathan, looking forward to seeing him blitzing through the middle.

Jumper #10? It's available and fits well with his original draft number and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks fantastic in the RW&B. :thumbsu:

151020_FREEMAN-HERO.jpg

Great news - will be a steal if his hammies are ok. Has some real pace which is what we sorely need.

Another 1st round draft pick to the club...

Really hope this bloke can become another Jack Steven for us. I didn't know much about him in his draft year but the Danger comparisons are pretty exciting.

Armitage
Steven
Billings
Dunstan
Newnes
Freeman

Good group coming through, still need a hell of a lot of development and another couple of A Graders but it's building.

Round 1 last year I thought we would go in with one of the worst AFL midfield ever (Montagna, Hayes, Steven all out) but in two short years it's getting respectable. Would love to draft a Selwoodesque gun from day one type this year.

Freeman was taken with pick No.10 at the 2013 National Draft which means St Kilda now has four of the top 19 players - all midfielders - from that draft (Jack Billings pick No.3, Luke Dunstan pick No.18 and Blake Acres pick No.19).

The arrival of the 20-year-old also means the Saints have recruited four top 10 draft picks in the past three years, having selected Paddy McCartin with pick No.1 in 2014, Billings in 2013 and Billy Longer via a trade with the Brisbane Lions who took him with pick No.8 in 2011.

:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back