Player Watch Nathan Freeman

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she Knows him Well and I think she knows a lot more she won't say.

IF you make Comments then have Info to Back It Up

SCPaige going to make Comments then. Tell us because you having a go at Supporters who don't have the Inside Word for you is not great to do

Agree 100%. I very much dislike people who do this sort of "i have a secret but i can't tell you" thing.

Whether she knows something or not it is pure attention seeking behaviour.

Either tell us or stfu.

Very disappointed in this outcome. We wasted that draft pick. Hine and co saw something in Freeman, and I trusted their judgement at the time. The injuries could not be predicted, and Freeman opting to leave us after 2 years could also not be predicted. These things happen, it hurts, its like being spurned! But we'll get over it and move on, like we always do, and hopefully get a decent return.

Very disappointed in this outcome. We wasted that draft pick. Hine and co saw something in Freeman, and I trusted their judgement at the time. The injuries could not be predicted, and Freeman opting to leave us after 2 years could also not be predicted. These things happen, it hurts, its like being spurned! But we'll get over it and move on, like we always do, and hopefully get a decent return.

We're still way ahead in the positives with drafting Treloar. Watched him play this year especially since the rumours were so strong.

Alas, someone else is prepared to pay more for his recovery session appearances at the beach.

Agree 100%. I very much dislike people who do this sort of "i have a secret but i can't tell you" thing.

Whether she knows something or not it is pure attention seeking behaviour.

Either tell us or stfu.

2nd That. Don't say Anything IF you not going to tell us what the Tweet/Say Means

Well she Knows him Well and I think she knows a lot more she won't say.

IF you make Comments then have Info to Back It Up

SCPaige going to make Comments then. Tell us because you having a go at Supporters who don't have the Inside Word for you is not great to do

Please Dave keep the Paige quotes to an absolute minimum, very few people enjoy them.

Paige is so full of s**t her ears are brimming with it.

Could link another 50 tweets where she's just talking out of her arse pretending to be a Collingwood insider.

Nathan is a questionable character but she is right. The surgeon botched the surgery and Bill Davoren played a major part on him leaving.

Scoop said that Freeman's family were mortified at what the sports science team put him through.

His nickname at Hailebury was FIGJAM. He and his brothers are bogans from Dingley.

Stop running the kid down when he has no right of reply. It makes you a coward and s**t person.

This is what disappoints me. I don't feel emotional about this guy leaving as he never showed us anything to get attached to. He's always just been a face on the training track.

What does annoy me is that we wasted that top 10 pick on a kid who can't run without falling apart. You can't always foresee these sorts of injuries or unwillingness to stick around but that has to be chalked up as a failure by Dekka. Results are all that matter and as a footballer at Collingwood, Nathan Freeman failed.

I was as optimistic as I could manage when we picked him, even though I wanted McCarthy, but it turns out he couldn't even play a game for us in two years.

I've always seen durability as a major attribute when assessing a player's worth. Ben Reid for example isn't as good as he should be, because the tools of his trade - his body - are faulty.

Hopefully we can put whatever we get for Freeman towards a player who has a functioning body and wants to be at the club.

Stop running the kid down when he has no right of reply. It makes you coward and s**t person.

Calling someone a coward and a s**t person behind a computer screen when you don't know them makes you a coward and a s**t person.

o_O

Nathan is a questionable character but she is right. The surgeon botched the surgery and Bill Davoren played a major part on him leaving.

Scoop said that Freeman's family were mortified at what the sports science team put him through.

The hamstring failed to heal correctly.

Saying the surgery was botched is just wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surgeon is out of our control, not the fault of the club.

But there seems to be a lot of stuff coming out about our inept sport science team - wtf is going on down there?

I know why he left. It's because he is SOFT!

Too competitive at Pies for a spot.- SOFT!

Wants to play for team he followed as a kid - obviously he lacks professionalism and is SOFT!

Pies mismanaged his injury - SOFT!

Wants a guarantee because unsure whether he is up to it - SOFT!

Which ever way you look at it Soft Freeman is SOFT!

Cut Soft Freeman loose. Send him off to the Saints where he will fit in nicely. They have a nice blend of softness there.

Soft Hailebury kid. Make that a lesson to our recruiters. Check out the school they come from. Melbourne found out the hard way with Watts (Brighton Grammar) and we unloaded Dawes (Brighton Grammar) for them to add to their packet of marshmallows. Dawes asked for a move when Lynch came in right? How about a bit of fight?

Soft!

Funny for a guy who's been injured to leave for more opportunities, bit strange. Guess money in the hand is a decent influence.

As for trade value our loss of docherty would be a good example I'd imagine. Pick 13 in his draft, didn't play his first year but played 13 games in his second. So I'd say given he played a fair chunk of a season at a decent level without injury issues hanging over his head his worth would probably be a bit more at the time than Freeman is now. We even had a pick in the PSD before carlton and still only got pick 33.

Given they have the PSD I'd imagine that the best you could hope for is to swap 2nd and 3rd round picks with them or maybe a 3rd rounder straight. Unfortunately that's the world we live in with uncontracted players these days

I am firmly in the oh well camp on this. I think he could become a very good player, but injuries may mean he never gets there. If he feels we mucked up his treatment I can understand him wanting to go. If he is unsure if his body will make it through and wants to get the best financial outcome he can while he can I understand him wanting to go. If he goes out and Treloar comes in I think we are pretty comfortably ahead.

Funny for a guy who's been injured to leave for more opportunities, bit strange. Guess money in the hand is a decent influence.

As for trade value our loss of docherty would be a good example I'd imagine. Pick 13 in his draft, didn't play his first year but played 13 games in his second. So I'd say given he played a fair chunk of a season at a decent level without injury issues hanging over his head his worth would probably be a bit more at the time than Freeman is now. We even had a pick in the PSD before carlton and still only got pick 33.

Given they have the PSD I'd imagine that the best you could hope for is to swap 2nd and 3rd round picks with them or maybe a 3rd rounder straight. Unfortunately that's the world we live in with uncontracted players these days
You'll get slammed, but I anticipate that you're spot on.

But you're failing to take into account that we are Collingwood, a proud and strong club... not the Brisbane Bears, who get bent over the trade table more often than a hooker at a strip club

This is what disappoints me. I don't feel emotional about this guy leaving as he never showed us anything to get attached to. He's always just been a face on the training track.

What does annoy me is that we wasted that top 10 pick on a kid who can't run without falling apart. You can't always foresee these sorts of injuries or unwillingness to stick around but that has to be chalked up as a failure by Dekka. Results are all that matter and as a footballer at Collingwood, Nathan Freeman failed.

I was as optimistic as I could manage when we picked him, even though I wanted McCarthy, but it turns out he couldn't even play a game for us in two years.

I've always seen durability as a major attribute when assessing a player's worth. Ben Reid for example isn't as good as he should be, because the tools of his trade - his body - are faulty.

Hopefully we can put whatever we get for Freeman towards a player who has a functioning body and wants to be at the club.

But did he have any history of hamstring issues prior to being drafted? (I don't recall any problems for Freeman... we knew about Schareburgs feet, and investigated them thoroughly and had a plan to deal with it, rightly or wrongly).

If this was a guy known for his athletic prowess, without any history of injuries, you can't predict that he would tear his hammy in game 1 of NAB football and then wouldn't recover for 2 years.

Mate he is only worth a 3rd round pick at best. No evidence he can play AFL and add softness of character and u get diddly squat

Whether he's leaving for the cash, the security of not having to play or because he thinks Collingwood stuffed up his rehab doesn't really matter. If he wants to go then it's pointless keeping him so the important thing now is to get the best deal for the club. Given he hasn't played a game it's hard to know what he's worth but we gave up pick 10 ffs and some very promising players went after that. The Saints will have a pick around 23 but surely that's not enough in a weak draft and why would we want picks 41 or 59? Does anyone know if the Saints have a similar type of player they might be involved in a swap?

Ok ive got it
adam treloar hero *
Nathan freeman villain

* he will be a hero - absolutely

He can blame the club but the fact is he left for money and because he thinks he won't break into the team.

We offered 2yr performance based, Saints offered 3yrs with more money

Pretty soft character, prob best he leaves now while he has some value. He doesn't think he's good enough to make our team so takes St Kilda's money to be mediocre with them

If Saints offer anything under pick 30 take it and run

Massive win for the pies if you can on trade the pick you get from St Kilda for Freeman to Brisbane for Aish you would have basically moved 3 spots up the 2013 draft
Aish is natural footballer
Freeman can run and run and run but thats about it
Apparently Freeman would get lost in preseason drills, struggled to make the right decisions on the track and struggled to fit the team dynamic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back