Player Watch Nathan Freeman

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember listening to the 2013 draft, it was Aish or Sharenburg at our pick, was dreaming of a scenario were we could get both but of course the Lions picked Aisho straight after our pick. Was flat when we picked a Freeman, didn't think much at the time and he's shown nothing since........2015 looks like we have Shaz and Aish, Freeman is at the Saints, happy days.

Funny for a guy who's been injured to leave for more opportunities, bit strange. Guess money in the hand is a decent influence.

As for trade value our loss of docherty would be a good example I'd imagine. Pick 13 in his draft, didn't play his first year but played 13 games in his second. So I'd say given he played a fair chunk of a season at a decent level without injury issues hanging over his head his worth would probably be a bit more at the time than Freeman is now. We even had a pick in the PSD before carlton and still only got pick 33.

Given they have the PSD I'd imagine that the best you could hope for is to swap 2nd and 3rd round picks with them or maybe a 3rd rounder straight. Unfortunately that's the world we live in with uncontracted players these days
Makes sense :(. Only thing I'd say is saints have offered him a decent contract so they obviously value him. Although come to think of it the size of the contract they're offering makes it even more likely he'd get to them in the psd. Double :(

What we are hearing is that it is related to Collingwoods medical team and how he has been managed. Am I wrong or is this just a big FU to the whole of Collingwood out of spite. In which case, I would kindly return the salute and am glad he goes to StKilda. That was one club we haven't done a number on this season.

Nathan is a questionable character but she is right. The surgeon botched the surgery and Bill Davoren played a major part on him leaving.

Scoop said that Freeman's family were mortified at what the sports science team put him through.

That is actually pretty libelous stuff if people are suggesting the surgeon botched it.

With every single surgery there are risks. You can have a "perfect" operation and still have complications. You do all you can to minimise complications, but the risk is always there, and often it is unpredictable... and often there are plenty of other factors involved.
Yes you can blame our sports science department.
You could just as easily look at Freeman and blame how he approached his rehab... for example, pretty sure this year we were told that the club and club docs/physios thought that he should've been ready to return, but that Freeman wasn't "comfortable" (which could mean a number of things) and that is why they re-operated... that could imply that other players could've come back at that point and wouldn't have required the extra op.

The fact is none of us are involved, and even if you are directly involved it can be hard to point at specific factors sometimes. All we can do is look at the things that are being obviously stated:

He wasn't healthy for 2 years.
He didn't seem to be anywhere near getting back to AFL football for us - for a number of reasons.
St Kilda wanted to take a gamble and offer him a larger, 3-year garaunteed contract.
We weren't willing to take that gamble, and were only comfortable with a performance based contract.

Just looking at that, Freeman left for reasonable reasons, and Collingwood is reasonable in what we offered.
There is no need to throw out other opinions that are baseless.

Sen saying pies incentive based offer would be over 300k if he met targets. St Kilda money is guaranteed no strings attached.

He's either rooted or not willing to back himself.

Both, he clearly doesn't back himself by wanting to go to Saints for opportunity. Not playing a game in 2yrs suggests he won't be the most reliable player in the future

Surgeon is out of our control, not the fault of the club.

But there seems to be a lot of stuff coming out about our inept sport science team - wtf is going on down there?

Nathan's dad was a sprinter of note, he may have represented Australia in hurdles. Don't quote me on that.

His dad believes the club have totally stuffed up his hamstring. He has also told the club about this numerous times since 2014.

Funny for a guy who's been injured to leave for more opportunities, bit strange. Guess money in the hand is a decent influence.

As for trade value our loss of docherty would be a good example I'd imagine. Pick 13 in his draft, didn't play his first year but played 13 games in his second. So I'd say given he played a fair chunk of a season at a decent level without injury issues hanging over his head his worth would probably be a bit more at the time than Freeman is now. We even had a pick in the PSD before carlton and still only got pick 33.

Given they have the PSD I'd imagine that the best you could hope for is to swap 2nd and 3rd round picks with them or maybe a 3rd rounder straight. Unfortunately that's the world we live in with uncontracted players these days

Maybe the 2nd and 3rd round swap is on the cards... I really don't see us accepting a 3rd round pick as I don't see us using it, we'd just send him to the PSD and the saints can use their second round pick to pick him up anyway. There's absolutely no way he'd last until their third pick in the draft... Because of this they're likely to offer up their second round pick anyway IMO.

Massive win for the pies if you can on trade the pick you get from St Kilda for Freeman to Brisbane for Aish you would have basically moved 3 spots up the 2013 draft
Aish is natural footballer
Freeman can run and run and run but thats about it
Apparently Freeman would get lost in preseason drills, struggled to make the right decisions on the track and struggled to fit the team dynamic

If we can turn Freeman into Aish this trade period I would be extremely happy.

Aish and Scharenberg was my dream draft in 2013 (after it became clear we wouldn't get Bontempelli)

Nathan's dad was a sprinter of note, he may have represented Australia in hurdles. Don't quote me on that.

His dad believes the club have totally stuffed up his hamstring. He has also told the club about this numerous times since 2014.

lol, that's worse than David being Travis Cloke's manager :S What his dad thinks in regards to medical procedure is literally irrelevant in terms of factual evidence, all it does is do more to push Freeman out the door which I guess he achieved. But parents will be parents.

The surgeon is ruining people's lives. How can that monster do this to people?

#SackTheSurgeon

Massive win for the pies if you can on trade the pick you get from St Kilda for Freeman to Brisbane for Aish you would have basically moved 3 spots up the 2013 draft
Aish is natural footballer
Freeman can run and run and run but thats about it
Apparently Freeman would get lost in preseason drills, struggled to make the right decisions on the track and struggled to fit the team dynamic

He can blame the club but the fact is he left for money and because he thinks he won't break into the team.

We offered 2yr performance based, Saints offered 3yrs with more money

Pretty soft character, prob best he leaves now while he has some value. He doesn't think he's good enough to make our team so takes St Kilda's money to be mediocre with them

If Saints offer anything under pick 30 take it and run
Not sure he is soft maybe practical
Knows injury issues, knows perhaps he wont get regular senior football
So cash in and thats that.

Ofcourse all of us here, would do the same job for whoever and if offered much more by someone else we'd all turn it down out of some loyalty - ofcourse we would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, so Mick39 is/was drafted_hawk or whatever his name was?

Time to stop having a crack at the boy.
If it was your son who'd been at a club for 2 years injured, how would you feel about it?
Then along comes the team your whole family, (supposedly) barracks for and offers you a fresh start.
Not only that, they will give you 3 years of certain income, not income based on a contingency.
Alternatively, he can stay at the club where he's been injured and sign a contract with an injury clause in it, (which by the way I understand being in his contract).
FFS - give the kid a break, let him go and let's move on.

If the saints want him then the price will be there second rounder at a minimum.

We may have to swap our 3rd round for there 4th to seal that deal if it becomes a stalemate.

Hopefully another suitor enters into the bidding and he's open to going elsewhere.

I remember listening to the 2013 draft, it was Aish or Sharenburg at our pick, was dreaming of a scenario were we could get both but of course the Lions picked Aisho straight after our pick. Was flat when we picked a Freeman, didn't think much at the time and he's shown nothing since........2015 looks like we have Shaz and Aish, Freeman is at the Saints, happy days.
And the Bont was snapped up by Dogs before we could grab him so we had the Berg, i think remembering wanting both the Bont and the Berg - can you imagine us salivating with Bont and Berg
Then getting Treloar and Aish

Then we wake up before Danger gets here

lol, that's worse than David being Travis Cloke's manager :S What his dad thinks in regards to medical procedure is literally irrelevant in terms of factual evidence, all it does is do more to push Freeman out the door which I guess he achieved. But parents will be parents.

I think his parents have every right to be pissed.

I have questioned Freeman and him being professional. But to have a young draftee barely get on the park in 2 years raises questions about the fitness staff.

Time to stop having a crack at the boy.
If it was your son who'd been at a club for 2 years injured, how would you feel about it?
Then along comes the team your whole family, (supposedly) barracks for and offers you a fresh start.
Not only that, they will give you 3 years of certain income, not income based on a contingency.
Alternatively, he can stay at the club where he's been injured and sign a contract with an injury clause in it, (which by the way I understand being in his contract).
FFS - give the kid a break, let him go and let's move on.
how was your day today Mr.Freeman?

I think his parents have every right to be pissed.

I have questioned Freeman and him being professional. But to have a young draftee barely get on the park in 2 years raises questions about the fitness staff.

A sample of one does no such thing. He's not the first and won't be the last under any fitness team.

Maybe the 2nd and 3rd round swap is on the cards... I really don't see us accepting a 3rd round pick as I don't see us using it, we'd just send him to the PSD and the saints can use their second round pick to pick him up anyway. There's absolutely no way he'd last until their third pick in the draft... Because of this they're likely to offer up their second round pick anyway IMO.
I'm not sure you quite know how the PSD works. It's after the actual draft so they would still use their picks in the regular draft and take him in the PSD

And the Bont was snapped up by Dogs before we could grab him so we had the Berg, i think remembering wanting both the Bont and the Berg - can you imagine us salivating with Bont and Berg
Then getting Treloar and Aish

Then we wake up before Danger gets here
Knew the Bont would be gone before our pick, clearly remember it was Shaz or Aish then hope the one we didn't pick dropped to 10

If we could get Aish with whatever we get for Freeman it would be a fantastic outcome but Aish has more value at the moment so the Lions would probably want something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back