Universal Love Nathan Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

We're very lucky to have him. Every single home game I wander away from Subi Oval thinking how privileged I am to be able to watch him live so often.

I remember his first game, took that flying mark for his first goal, immediately thought, "this guy has something" turns out he has more than something, he's a bloody god.

I as well am grateful to get to watch him live at every home game, away derby or the odd interstate game.

If it's in proportion to the rest of his greatness we're probably looking at three hands at least.
4312406_o.gif

Seriously good player and has stepped up another level this year. Quite comfortably the best player in the comp

Anyone who says that they predicted fyfe to turn out this good when he was drafted is lying

I also think that Lyon deserves a lot of credit for fyfes development - whenever I hear him speak it's clear that he's bought in completely to Lyons football philosophy and I'm not sure he would have reached quite the same level under another coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously good player and has stepped up another level this year. Quite comfortably the best player in the comp

Anyone who says that they predicted fyfe to turn out this good when he was drafted is lying

I also think that Lyon deserves a lot of credit for fyfes development - whenever I hear him speak it's clear that he's bought in completely to Lyons football philosophy and I'm not sure he would have reached quite the same level under another coach

- Yep most thought he would be good to very good. But a lot of that is hope. You never know when and at what level players will plateau. But what he has become and is becoming as he seems to be able to bend contests and games to his will is amazing. We are still learning to get the best of him forward. He should target 30 goals this year I think. And could kick more. Hill, Neale and eventually blakely, Weller, croz etc will continuye to grow around him also. Players like him (judd at wce) make others 10% better.

- Lyon, bond, Lloyd and the Steve's have changed the culture and what is expected at the club. Pav (and credit where due - sandi and Macca) exemplifies it also. Fyfe and the young guys are the first generation of players to come through in a culture of professionalism that is action orientated and results driven. This is starting to show in the peek team too. The culture encourages and cultivates growth.

A great time to be a Freo supporter!

It was pretty obvious in his first few games he'd be a fantastic player.

His debut against Richmond, the derby where he bamboozled both Priddis and Glass to kick a goal, against Brisbane where he broke open a contest in the forward 50 that gobsmacked the commentators. His fourth game was a top of the table clash with Collingwood in which he performed OK, and his fifth he took Ryan O'Keeffe to the cleaners, earning the Rising Star nomination and two Brownlow votes.

I'd also like to dispel the myth that Fyfe debuted because Freo were in dire straits and needed him to play. He got his game because Des Headland got injured against St Kilda, and came into a team that was sitting 3-1, having faced both of the previous year's grand finalists to win one and have a reasonable loss to the other (arguably Mark Harvey's best result against a Lyon-coached St Kilda). By his fifth game, Fremantle were sitting 7-2 in third spot, which until this year, was Freo's best ever start to a season.

"it's a journey that began as the No.20 draft pick in 2009, and has since seen him rise to AFL stardom.

"It's humbling, but I see a lot of growth still in my game,” Fyfe says.

"A hundred games is still pretty new to the whole system and I'm excited about what 100 to 200 [games] looks like."

Footballer.

Businessman.

Role model.

Helicopter pilot.

And that's just the start of the Nat Fyfe story."

I love it.

"it's a journey that began as the No.20 draft pick in 2009, and has since seen him rise to AFL stardom.

"It's humbling, but I see a lot of growth still in my game,” Fyfe says.

"A hundred games is still pretty new to the whole system and I'm excited about what 100 to 200 [games] looks like."

Footballer.

Businessman.

Role model.

Helicopter pilot.

And that's just the start of the Nat Fyfe story."

I love it.

You kind hope he isn't getting to far ahead of himself as in "a bit full of " ,It's not going to his head, movie star status. I hope he stays grounded.

You kind hope he isn't getting to far ahead of himself as in "a bit full of " ,It's not going to his head, movie star status. I hope he stays grounded.
He obviously knows he's bloody good. I just love that he wants to see how good he can be in the future!

I don't think a guy who spends his downtime driving trucks for his dad could get full of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back