Nathan Fyfe (Pick 20 2009 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't look out of his depth today.

Played very well. With a bit more experience and another pre-season he will be another one who will be very handy of the HFF.

I'd dare say he will play atleast 0-5 games this year.

Nah, I reckon he will play between 0 and 22.

Didn't look out of his depth today.

Played very well. With a bit more experience and another pre-season he will be another one who will be very handy of the HFF.

I'd dare say he will play atleast 0-5 games this year.

Gee he looked like he would be good to leave in the WAFL for at least a seaosn to me to get some physical development before getting a shot in the AFL. You can definitely see the promise, but we have a few other players who can contribute up forward for the season I think.

I liked what I saw of him on the weekend. He is very skinny and will definitely need to bulk up a bit. Good pair of hands and smart play. Could get a few games this year, but probably more in the next 2 - 3 years.

Don't think we'd play him against a St Kilda or Geelong type team, but could see him getting a game against the less physical young side's, or on Etihad.

It'll help him get used to the pace of AFL, and some confidence, without getting smashed by gorillas like Maxy Rooke D: WAFL form permitting, look for him to get a game after the first month or so :D

I definitely liked his composure and he certainly did a few good things, but there is big questions on whether he is ready to play week in week out.

I think he will get a call up at some stage, I can't imagine it being in the first half of the year though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 marks and 4 goals on debut... that's pretty bloody impressive.

My confidence is growing that we've uncovered another gem here. He certainly looked very composed in his preseason games for Freo.

Will be interesting to see how he goes in a less one-sided match, hopefully he keeps up those figures and starts pressuring for an AFL callup

Round 2 vs South Fremantle
12 Disposals
10 Kicks
2 Handballs
4 Marks
4 Tackles
1 Hitouts
4 inside 50s
2 FF
0 FA
2 Goals
0 Behinds

Round 3 Bye

Round 4 vs Subiaco
18 Disposals
13 Kicks
5 Handballs
8 Marks
0 Tackles
0 Hitouts
7 inside 50s
1 FF
0 FA
4 Goals
1 Behinds

Those are very good stats against a good team, tipping him to make his debut against Richmond.

Only thing I've noticed from the stats but not from watching the game - does 0 tackles in r4 imply a lack of defensive pressure or effort that will translate into AFL when we're trying to make pressure a hallmark of our team? That's the only real question mark I would have over a debut personally.

But again, that's just from the stats and I know Claremont have been dominant and perhaps aren't getting the opportunities to apply that level of pressure because they're just scoring goals haha.

Whilst he picked off 3 goals, he looked like he was struggling with running the game out yesterday. Still - looks a really likely type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back