Universal Love Nathan Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
Fyfe is the best player at the moment (imo). But where does he stand against great past players such as Voss,Buckley,black,hird riccuito? Is he at their level yet? What else does he need to do to get to their level?

I think of those players Fyfe is most like Hird. The ability to play anywhere, the overhead marking, the poise in close and the ability to lift the whole team seemingly at will. Hopefully Fyfe dosen't experience Hirds injuries (realistically hirdy should have won a 2nd brownlow and maybe a third premiership) like broken feet, crushed face, lacerated eyeball, knee reconstruction and hamstring issues. Stay fit and he's a full potential hirdy.

I think of those players Fyfe is most like Hird. The ability to play anywhere, the overhead marking, the poise in close and the ability to lift the whole team seemingly at will. Hopefully Fyfe dosen't experience Hirds injuries (realistically hirdy should have won a 2nd brownlow and maybe a third premiership) like broken feet, temporary amnesia, crushed face, lacerated eyeball, erectile dysfunction, knee reconstruction, super tanned skin and hamstring issues. Stay fit and he's a full potential hirdy.

EFA

I think of those players Fyfe is most like Hird. The ability to play anywhere, the overhead marking, the poise in close and the ability to lift the whole team seemingly at will. Hopefully Fyfe dosen't experience Hirds injuries (realistically hirdy should have won a 2nd brownlow and maybe a third premiership) like broken feet, crushed face, lacerated eyeball, knee reconstruction and hamstring issues. Stay fit and he's a full potential hirdy.

I agree with this, but Fyfe also has the strength to break a tackle or four that I don't remember Hird having.

He is better than Hird already, most people have stopped the tird comparison. Sure he hasnt received all the awards tird got but he has the time.

Was robbed of the brownlow last year as well! Wonder what ppl what would saying if we managed to win flag and he got his brownlow.

And if the brownlow votes are a measure consistency Fyfe has amassed amazing amount so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he keeps playing at this level for another 5-6 years then enough accolades will come his way to become our best ever and one of the best players of the last 20 years. Right now the level he is playing at IMO is on par with the best of anyone in recent memory except for maybe Ablett at his peak but its hard to compare different types of players. Pendlebury, Franklin, Judd & Selwood have probably played the best footy in the past decade at various times, Fyfe is definitely at that level, he can't do a lot more, he is marking well, kicking goals and like all champions his one "special skill" of bursting through tackles is what sets him apart from the rest.

Obviously a flag will change people's perceptions which is natural but if Matt DeBoer gets a premiership medal does that somehow make him a champion ?

I'm just enjoying the footy Fyfe is giving us, and in turn the knock on effect it is having for Hill, Mundy and co.

Look at him. Just look at him. What a perfect man

11193373_840448232669455_1459776427388794805_n.jpg

It may not be the best way to measure, but Fyfe currently sits at having the 3rd most brownlow votes per game (0.90), behind Graham Moss (0.95) and Haydn Bunton (1.04). Will he move to 2nd at the end of the year?

For measuring a midfielders consistency its fairly good. Even though greatly flawed in many aspects as seen by a couple of brownlow wins in recent times.

The thing with people is that many rate players based on their flags, brownlows which is stupid at times. A player who can does the grunt work through season and turns up in finals is far better than one who just turns up in finals, if you want to say they're one of the greatest.

Fyfe is the best player at the moment (imo). But where does he stand against great past players such as Voss,Buckley,black,hird riccuito? Is he at their level yet? What else does he need to do to get to their level?
The other thing he needs to do to be included in that group is remain a 1 club player (Buckley the exception but karma got him).

Definitely part of their standing in the game.

The other thing he needs to do to be included in that group is remain a 1 club player (Buckley the exception but karma got him).

Definitely part of their standing in the game.
I really hope so. Can never be too sure of these things even though he is a local lad with country roots etc. I won't feel confident until Fyfe signs a 10 year deal or something.

We're very lucky to have him. Every single home game I wander away from Subi Oval thinking how privileged I am to be able to watch him live so often.
I remember his first season there was a couple of young girls behind me that used to complain when he got the ball that he was useless and couldn't kick and I would turn around and say, just give him a bit of time, this kid is going to be a pretty good player.
Now days they have grown up a bit and when Fyfe takes a screamer or just does something amazing I sometimes turn around and smile at them and raise my eyebrows.

I really hope so. Can never be too sure of these things even though he is a local lad with country roots etc. I won't feel confident until Fyfe signs a 10 year deal or something.
All great players get offers to move. However things go for him he will be well rewarded for his talent, but imo Pavlich has enhanced his standing in the game by becoming a one club player. Maybe an old fashioned concept now?

All great players get offers to move. However things go for him he will be well rewarded for his talent, but imo Pavlich has enhanced his standing in the game by becoming a one club player. Maybe an old fashioned concept now?

The only chance he will move to another club if we turn to complete crap like the old days. We have the financial means and at the moment a chance for the flag which is enough to keep him here.

As to Pav thats what makes him great, he could have abandoned us rightfully but instead he stuck around. Really hope we can get the flag for the older guys who given it all to our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back