Universal Love Nathan Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

it will depend what Fyfe wants out of his career.

If he wants to keep trying to win flags he will stay at freo and take ~$1m a year.

Or he could do a Judd and just go where the most money is available where he gets ~$2m a year but his team can't win finals..

Or he could do a Buddy and go to Sydney, still get a payrise, and still be in premiership contention.

Or he could do a Buddy and go to Sydney, still get a payrise, and still be in premiership contention.
We still have the opportunity to match any contract offer and retain him. Pav - Macca - sandi retiring or playing for less will help. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him accept a contract for less than market value.

Fyfe building his brand as he has will also help us. His personal success backed by being in one financially powerful and well marketed club that is set up for long term finals also makes him moving less likely imo.

Not only is he a local he also signed a contract that put us the drivers seat to keep his services long term.

Freo to re-sign him for 6-7 years on 1 million per heavily front ended.

When was the last time a defender won the doig, though? Steve O'Reilly?

newdaily_040614_DaleKickett.jpg

When Fyfe is out of contract there will be 17 other teams making overtures.

Look for a Buddy length offer.

If his manager has any idea Fyfe will become AFL's first $20 million man.

A contract of that size would be the ultimate ruin of any club who paid it.
Chris Judd's deal ruined Carlton IMO : Sydney are yet to realize the damage but it will come.

Buckley's display of petulance was dreadful.

I can see what he was going for though. You don't want to seem like you're revelling in an individual award when all your teammates are going home empty handed.

I can see what he was going for though. You don't want to seem like you're revelling in an individual award when all your teammates are going home empty handed.

There is definitely a balance; his attitude was insulting , not only for the prestige of the award but to the man who presented it to him.

Last edited:
Just curious...

Has anyone tried to do a rough 3.2.1. for each game to see what Fyfe could realistically be on? Or for that matter Mundy/Sandi/Neale/Barlow etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious...

Has anyone tried to do a rough 3.2.1. for each game to see what Fyfe could realistically be on? Or for that matter Mundy/Sandi/Neale/Barlow etc.
For coaches votes he's on 90 out of a possible 110 votes.

If he got the same percentage of votes, he'd be on 27 votes out of a possible 33 in the Brownlow.

I'd say realistically he'd be between around 20 votes already but could be higher.

My son was telling me he recently had a relief teacher in Maths who was once Fyfe's teacher. She said Fyfe was so naughty she said, "If you don't pull your head in you are going to end up homeless." lol He's come a long way!

Yeah its surprising seeing him now.

Back then he was arrogant and lets say some of the stuff he would say to people, would get him the sack.

My son was telling me he recently had a relief teacher in Maths who was once Fyfe's teacher. She said Fyfe was so naughty she said, "If you don't pull your head in you are going to end up homeless." lol He's come a long way!

And the teacher is still just a teacher. Haha.

I've re watched most of this seasons games this weekend and noticed that Fyfe is in a total zone of not reacting to any cheap shots.He actually looks like he is in a trance and does not seem to notice his opponent.He is totally transfixed on the ball and the unfolding game.Something I can't remember a player doing.Any one else notice this.

Just saw on the Fremantle Online Auctions site, Nat Fyfe match worn guernesys are seeing bids of 2 grand or more. The Anzac Day game got to $3,100.. Understand it's signed and worn by the champion himself, but that is absurd!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back