Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Ah!

Happened more than once then. Barnaby was in 2009 saying that doing to the node was a waste of time and money and it should be done properly with fibre (Labors plan at the time was node).

Then again around the same time Abbott said a market based mechanism was the best way to combat climate change.

They don't actually stand for anything.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's still 2006 to the Liberals Party cheerleaders.

No this. From 4b to 100bn and still the fanbois clap their hands and sing kumbaya. Who is cheering Libs policy?

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2007/s1878217.htm

MICHAEL BRISSENDEN: Kevin Rudd today announced a bold plan to invest $4.7 billion in a joint public/private partnership to build a broadband network that would double the speed in five years and bring broadband within reach of 98 per cent of the population. Australia's broadband speeds and access have been the subject of some high powered criticism of late, not least from Rupert Murdoch, who described it as a disgrace. Many in the IT industry are also frustrated. To date the Government and Telstra have relied on the old copper network to deliver broadband. As Mike Quigley from the IT giant Alcatel-Lucent told this program a few weeks ago, Australia needs to do something more soon.

No this. From 4b to 100bn and still the fanbois clap their hands and sing kumbaya. Who is cheering Libs policy?

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2007/s1878217.htm

MICHAEL BRISSENDEN: Kevin Rudd today announced a bold plan to invest $4.7 billion in a joint public/private partnership to build a broadband network that would double the speed in five years and bring broadband within reach of 98 per cent of the population. Australia's broadband speeds and access have been the subject of some high powered criticism of late, not least from Rupert Murdoch, who described it as a disgrace. Many in the IT industry are also frustrated. To date the Government and Telstra have relied on the old copper network to deliver broadband. As Mike Quigley from the IT giant Alcatel-Lucent told this program a few weeks ago, Australia needs to do something more soon.

I am all for the NBN if it is only going to cost $4.7B

will it be completed on budget?

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Comparing the two is like you just did meds is like comparing the the Sydney harbour bridge to the foot bridge down the road.

Or better, to look after the future the decided to build a 10 lane bridge instead of the one lane bridge they were going to build.

You can't compare them financially.... Totally different policies.

And 100billion? Worst Libs could do was 94 billion before over estimating back at 71 billion (higher contingency in their FTTN plan so actually 58 billon as a fair comparison).

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And 100billion? Worst Libs could do was 94 billion before over estimating back at 71 billion (higher contingency in their FTTN plan so actually 58 billon as a fair comparison).

I really cant imagine anyone in the real world ie private sector, saying that oh well, the project is going to cost circa 20 times what I originally envisaged.

Very hard to comprehend how anyone can just pass off the monumental waste and incompetence as nothing to worry about

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
I really cant imagine anyone in the real world ie private sector, saying that oh well, the project is going to cost circa 20 times what I originally envisaged.

Very hard to comprehend how anyone can just pass off the monumental waste and incompetence as nothing to worry about
It's a completely different project, Labor cancelled the original because it was unworkable and not worth the cost, the Coalition are the ones doing a FTTN and it's costing them at least $40-something billion, much higher than their fully costed $29 billion and they're doing it to a much smaller portion of the nation with no speed guarantees.

Also private sector isn't the real world it's the surreal word.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
It's a completely different project, Labor cancelled the original because it was unworkable and not worth the cost, the Coalition are the ones doing a FTTN and it's costing them at least $40-something billion, much higher than their fully costed $29 billion and they're doing it to a much smaller portion of the nation with no speed guarantees.

Also private sector isn't the real world it's the surreal word.
Thanks mate. Seems all to hard for meds to understand, shows he has no credibility on this subject if he thinks they are anywhere near the same. We already knew that though.

They are doing FTTN at any cost for no increase in performance...

just as bad

There is a much better way to do this but it does require the government to step away. Unfortunately this has become an issue that "gives" politicians relevance in the eyes of the voters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
just as bad

There is a much better way to do this but it does require the government to step away. Unfortunately this has become an issue that "gives" politicians relevance in the eyes of the voters.
Enlighten us on this better way with the government stepping away that won't see closed network access and centred only on significantly profitable metro areas. Please include details how you will make our fixed communications sector competitive again.

It's not just as bad, it is far worse, they are doing something ideological which will have no real long term benefits for only 20% less cost for a network we can continue to improve upon over a minimum 50 year period.

So enlighten us on the best way to do this Power Raid. I am not holding my breath....

And please don't day anything about wireless as it is not an alternative.

Don't know how such a smart man has got it so wrong although I still have a bit of a soft spot for Turnbull. He is the only one that makes it possible for people to comment on his web site. Four interesting comments on this topic and interestingly 77 comments on the Brandis reforms and love the comments on Knights and Dames 97 comments.
http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/media/march-enews#disqus_thread.
http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/media/australian-knights-and-the-republic#disqus_thread
http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/m...l-discrimination-act-exposure-d#disqus_thread

Such a shame to lose the leadership by one vote, would love to have seen what sort of PM he would have made.

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't know how such a smart man has got it so wrong although I still have a bit of a soft spot for Turnbull. He is the only one that makes it possible for people to comment on his web site. Four interesting comments on this topic and interestingly 77 comments on the Brandis reforms and love the comments on Knights and Dames 97 comments.
http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/media/march-enews#disqus_thread.
http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/media/australian-knights-and-the-republic#disqus_thread
http://www.malcolmturnbull.com.au/m...l-discrimination-act-exposure-d#disqus_thread

Such a shame to lose the leadership by one vote, would love to have seen what sort of PM he would have made.

Ah yes, Turnbull, the favorite liberal politician of all those who wouldn't vote liberal anyway.

Bit hard to get elected when the only ones who like you wont vote for you.

Ah yes, Turnbull, the favorite liberal politician of all those who wouldn't vote liberal anyway.

Bit hard to get elected when the only ones who like you wont vote for you.

Are you a seer or just like posting rubbish?

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I still have a bit of a soft spot for Turnbull.

Have you forgotten Tones was re-elected unapposed after the 2010 election.

Abbott, the only LOTO that got rid of 3 Prime Ministers.

Have you forgotten Tones was re-elected unapposed after the 2010 election.

Abbott, the only LOTO that got rid of 3 Prime Ministers.
Actually don't waste too much time thinking about it as it makes me ill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back