Review National Draft 2015 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt like the way mathieson presented im the rising star interviews and his fitness levels but Gresham will have to be very good because physically he will be giving something up but caleb daniel is doing ok

Surprised Balic slid glad we got White just because he seemed so happy

Hope we can get a couple 2nd round picks in next years draft amazing the players that slide through each year

Pretty excited for 2016

And only 12 months to go until the next draft... bring it on.

On a side note, I wanted Firorini so where does that leave me?

Problem here is that the tone of the so called banter comes across as putting s**t on fellow supporters.

It's a subtle dig and implies that anyone who rated Matho is a dickhead.

Rejoice in Gresh... be happy that we may have dodged a bullet with Matho... whatever... leave the Peacock strutting to opposition fans.

why post it now then mate and not less than 12 hours earlier when it was getting heaped on people who didnt have the popular opinion...

its funny... you didnt have this response to some of the posts over the last 48 hours. where people were ridiculing other posters for their difference in opinion when they said matho was over-rated and wouldnt go in the first round. you can go back and read through them if you like.

i suspect if it wasnt matho, you wouldnt have even bothered with that post

people are way too sensitive and protective when it comes to him, a player that isnt ours and was never going to be

don't really care about Matho. The constant bickering is a disgrace IMO. It got pretty nasty in here a few days ago. No need to stir the pot again.

The last 48 hours is done and dusted. You seem to want to come on here and prove a point / brag about your judgement rather than just let it go.

So who's the sensitive one? Why rub people's noses in it? Just be happy dude.

Hawks, North, Essendon and Melbourne probably the best drafts IMO. Hawks have some guys that will be guns and North did well bargain shopping getting Hibberd, Clarke and a Mc Kay with out a pick before 21.
Hawks - High risk, high reward with Burton. They are in a position to take that sort of a risk with four cups in the last decade in the cupboard.

North - Agreed. Picking up Clarke and Hibberd in the 30s!!

Essendon - Parish and Francis are good, but pretty expected at 5/6. Who are Morgan and Redman though?

Melbourne - over-reach with Oliver; Weideman went about where expected.

For mine clubs that have done particularly well -

- Lions: Schache, Hipwood, Keays, Mathiesen, Skinner
- Carlton: Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cunningham, Silvagni
- Freo: Tucker in the 20s and Balic in the 30s!!!
- Port will be happy with Bonner and Johnson in the late 2nd and 3rd rounds

I didnt like the way mathieson presented im the rising star interviews and his fitness levels but Gresham will have to be very good because physically he will be giving something up but caleb daniel is doing ok

Surprised Balic slid glad we got White just because he seemed so happy

Hope we can get a couple 2nd round picks in next years draft amazing the players that slide through each year

Pretty excited for 2016
Worth remembering we haven't got any at the moment (Freeman trade)

Did want Matho with our first (was seduced by a mixture of him in the games I did watch/ITKs/more keen draft watchers than I) and was surprised to see him fall to 39 as I think he will transition very nicely into the AFL but time will tell.

Also happy with Gresham. Adds a lot to our team and should be able to be the link player we need as well as being able to win his own ball. Doesn't have any major weaknesses (that I can think of) which is a plus and seems like he is a natural leader, which is always a positive sign.

Don't know much about White so will read up on him but looks like he can kick! So that's 3 good kicks we have added to our list through the draft, exciting times.

don't really care about Matho. The constant bickering is a disgrace IMO. It got pretty nasty in here a few days ago. No need to stir the pot again.

The last 48 hours is done and dusted. You seem to want to come on here and prove a point / brag about your judgement rather than just let it go.

So who's the sensitive one? Why rub people's noses in it? Just be happy dude.

so you want to have a shot at the person who was right but ignore the last 24 hours. this isnt about what you consider to be right or wrong or the bickering behaviour, its about you having a shot back for what ever reason :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

if you truly had an issue with it, you would have spoken up much earlier

reality is, he was over-rated. the draft just justified that point. but you want to have a shot because my posts are right?

Hawks - High risk, high reward with Burton. They are in a position to take that sort of a risk with four cups in the last decade in the cupboard.

Essendon - Parish and Francis are good, but pretty expected at 5/6. Who are Morgan and Redman though?

North probably on balance the best overall. Agree on Brisbane to a point, their academy picks sort of pick themselves. Oliver looks a gun but probably paid overs on potential but the potential is huge. Weid is the perfect second string forward for Jesse Hogan who will be the alpha dog. Carlton have done well but came at a position they should do well from. The Mc Kays aren't that far apart in quality and North snagged one. A bit like the Kolodjasnis. freo a great haul considering they get Harley Bennell as well.

Brandon White's highlights on saints.com.au look INCREDIBLE

I know it is only highlights which can be deceptive.. and they are there to get us excited.. but for mine.. ITS WORKING!

they do look amazing... surely he's taller than 188cm

Pretty much agree with all of these points, posted something similar on the main board. You have to put Melbourne's draft into context, they have NO first round pick next year. I don't understand the pick upgrade to take Oliver, he would have surely been available at pick 6.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey could you please share any more players on this list... i.e. where tucker matho parish etc was... who was our top 6?
Sorry, didn't have time to get that much info. Just Jade at 7, Ah Chee at 13, White at 14, and no Matho to be seen.

people are going to LOL at me here but i thought Freos trade and draft period was A+. really good for them and could energise their fwd line. especially with last years draft
... well they still don't have a key forward... good pick ups regardless though.

so you want to have a shot at the person who was right but ignore the last 24 hours. this isnt about what you consider to be right or wrong or the bickering behaviour, its about you having a shot back for what ever reason :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

if you truly had an issue with it, you would have spoken up much earlier

reality is, he was over-rated. the draft just justified that point. but you want to have a shot because my posts are right?

Mate I love your work and the info you bring to the table... always have.

Don't know why, but some of your recent posts have stood out for me. Quite aggressive, which is unlike you.

Not sure if others had a shot at you or not. If they did and you were reacting, then they were wrong in doing so. Must admit that I don't read every single word on here. Maybe you were just fed up with the Matho wankfest. Truth is we all do at some stage.

Yes the draft has proven you correct. But as as I posted earlier, rubbing people's nose in it isn't classy.

Once again, if others made it personal towards you over a drafts election then they are peanuts.

Regardless... it's done and dusted. Let's just move on look forward to next year.

Can't be more frank than that.

Brandon White's highlights on saints.com.au look INCREDIBLE

I know it is only highlights which can be deceptive.. and they are there to get us excited.. but for mine.. ITS WORKING!

I liked how quickly we picked White when pick 40 rolled around. I was in the middle of swearing at the T.V. because we missed out on Matho by 1, only to have my wife come into the room tell me to relax and note: "You don't seem too bothered you have picked another bloke straight away". I took a moment and it dawned on me that she had hit the nail on the head, we were never going to pick Matho.

... well they still don't have a key forward... good pick ups regardless though.

it is a concern and i agree, they would have gone into this off-season identifying that as their key need

but i think they've gone another route. they are looking to create more goals and more offence.. i mean if they get more goals do they really care if they are from a tall or a small

yarran plays taller than he is and the selections of tucker and balic were good for the price. tucker is one that will walk straight into that freo side and address their problems off half back. balic is a good ball user and a good project player, given they are sorted on the outside

i can see yarran forcing mayne out of the side and allowing bennell to play on the wing, forcing pearce out of the side or onto the bench. langdon and weller are other possibilities to come in and provide more attacking football

they still have tabenar who they can build around and apeness will be back from his knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back