Preview National Draft discussion (Picks 14, 35, 43, 58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty good mock draft if you want info on the players. Long quotes from people inside the club they've been recruited from.

Brett Anderson has us taking Langford, Maynard and Reece McKenzie with our first 3 picks.

Marc Pittonet with 58 as well, which would give us another backup ruckman to develop.

I know there will be a lot of moaning and teeth-gnashing here on Friday when picks 10 to 13 are known. Then in 5 years time it will either be 10 times worse, or completely shut up.

But look at it the other way round: if we started with 14, 35, and 43, would you trade them all for 10 without knowing what you are getting at 14 or at 10 in a strong draft? Not me. Club would have been blasted.

As a summary from all the mock drafts:

Paige (BFGN_: Lever
Anderson (SEN/Inside Football): Langford (In the mix: Lever, Marchbank)
Superfooty: Lever
Twomey (AFL.com.au): Laverde
Snoop: Wright
Knightmare: Langford

Emma Quayle's will be out tonight.

Last edited:
As a summary from all the mock drafts:

Paige: Lever
Anderson: Langford (In the mix: Lever, Marchbank)
Superfooty: Lever
Twomey (AFL.com.au): Laverde
Snoop: Wright
Knightmare: Langford

Emma Quayle's will be out tonight.
Quite a bit of variation there. EQ's will be very interesting, as well as Twomey's updated draft which will be online soonish

Langford is one of the 3.

We have a bolter ranked higher so unlikely we choose Langford even if no sliders.

If no sliders then my hope is the bolter is D McKenzie

I think the word 'bolter' often gets thrown around a bit much. Could easily be Cockatoo or Garlett, who were both ranked in the 20s 6-8 weeks ago. Or I guess it could be Menadue who has some pretty special attributes.

I'll eat my hat if we take a D McKenzie, R McKenzie or B Maynard type bolter at 14 that no other club is even remotely considering in the top 20. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT: Connor Blakely as the bolter anyone? Holy s**t that makes all kind of sense. I think Bicks may have predicted this. If Lever is gone, maybe Blakely is our guy?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good mock draft if you want info on the players. Long quotes from people inside the club they've been recruited from.

Brett Anderson has us taking Langford, Maynard and Reece McKenzie with our first 3 picks.

Interesting Mock there, really glad to see we have one with R McKenzie on it. There's no KPD on there though, even our #58 is a ruck in Pittonet. I think we would take HOWE as the KPD before Maynard but it's a tough one. Overall pretty happy except I 'd rather Cockatoo instead of Langford, just because he could be a star.

I think the word 'bolter' often gets thrown around a bit much. Could easily be Cockatoo or Garlett, who were both ranked in the 20s 6-8 weeks ago. Or I guess it could be Menadue who has some pretty special attributes.

I'll eat my hat if we take a D McKenzie, R McKenzie or B Maynard type bolter at 14 that no other club is even remotely considering in the top 20. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT: Connor Blakely as the bolter anyone? Holy s**t that makes all kind of sense. I think Bicks may have predicted this. If Lever is gone, maybe Blakely is our guy?
Agreed that we won't need to take a bolter given our options likely to be available ..... Thank god other clubs rate DeGoey and fingers crossed Ellisas high as they do to allow some ones we like/need to slide through !

The only phantom that counts is out:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...s-firstround-predictions-20141126-11uey0.html

14 ADELAIDE: KYLE LANGFORD

(Northern Knights, 1/12/96, 190cm, 73kg)

A unique player in this group: a natural marking forward who can also go down back and move nicely through the midfield.

The rationale: The Crows are big fans of the versatile Langford, who has looked the goods in various parts of the ground this year. Can play as a marking forward, and could also develop into the sort of tall wingman everyone is after.

The complication: Brayden Maynard, Jake Lever, Caleb Marchbank, Sam Durdin and Jayden Laverde are other names to consider here.

D McKenzie was suggested and post was liked by CC - that's really the only clue.

We need him to put up his selection to help with this mystery!!

Last edited:
Some big calls by Emma. I'll be shocked if freo don't take Goddard.

Bickly on 5aa says he thinks we'll take laverde, he doesn't seem like a mock draft reader, you would think he might have a few mates at the club who would give him good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back