Strategy National Draft discussion (Dan Howe, Tay-ah Miles, Marc Pittonet, Willsmore, Webster)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sewell - O'Rourke
Cheney - Frawley
Grimley - Willsmore
Garlett - Webster

Hallahan - mid
Lowden - ruck
Kelly - hbf

you could replace the ruck with a mid and have a rookie ruckman, also we always seem to have too many hbf, so a forward might be a better option for depth...

pick 31 Blakely/Neal-Bullen/Keitel

pick 49+50 is where our recruiting dept has done its best work recently, i would love for us to get Caleb Daniel/Jayden McGrath/Dean Gore/Ed Langdon/Lukas Webb/Teia Miles....... 2 of those guys would be great
I like the look of Lukas Webb!

Hoping Maynard gets to 31, really like the look of him, kicks well, marks well & is tough, question marks on his endurance but that will improve in a professional environment & he ran a 2.98 for the 20M sprint at the Combine so he is not slow.

x7LZVMB.png

Read today one of the reason's Brian Lake was drafted at pick 71 was because he kept falling asleep during interviews. Turns out he suffered from sleep apnoea, hopefully another gun slides in this manner to pick 50.

Read today one of the reason's Brian Lake was drafted at pick 71 was because he kept falling asleep during interviews. Turns out he suffered from sleep apnoea, hopefully another gun slides in this manner to pick 50.

That's very funny, seeing he's now so intense, he seems to be close to attacking his opponent.

A couple of times against Hawkins, the looks he gave him, I reckon Brian would have killed him and chopped him into small pieces.

The same with Buddy in the Grand Final!

That's very funny, seeing he's now so intense, he seems to be close to attacking his opponent.

A couple of times against Hawkins, the looks he gave him, I reckon Brian would have killed him and chopped him into small pieces.

The same with Buddy in the Grand Final!

I wonder what Drew Petrie thinks...

I believe his around the 177cm mark but don't quote me on that!.

This is purely a draft wish list and will lead to a extremely large work function that night if the below names are called.

Pick 31:
Tyler Keitel
Toby Mclean
Reece McKenzie

Pick 49 & 50
Aiden Anderson
Lukas Webb (some would say pick 31, but not for me)

Rookies
Aiden Anderson (would love him to be available here - chance)
Jake Owens (Williamstown)
Harry Dear
Goodyear

The HUN and Champion Data have Jack Lonie going at Pick 17.

And all you clowns don't think he's worth pick 31.

Shows how much you guys know.

#hun4life
#draftgurus
#bolter

Last edited:
The HUN has Jack Lonie going at Pick 17.

And all you clowns don't think he's worth pick 31.

Shows how much you guys know.

#hun4life
#draftgurus
#bolter
Hi all.
In my maiden address I'd 1st like to state that the HUH is fodder for nuffies but in this case I hope they are on the mark.
The Hawks really don't have any more need for short people at pick 31, 1st pick in any draft for teams well placed is to just take best available talent then start to look at needs based selections.
Needs I feel are around grooming more genuine key position players, backs are okay for now but the forwards are starting to look code red, we have plenty of flanker types but have no genuine big bodies being groomed at the moment. Where is the brute?
Remember that little blokes can go missing and get tired late in games but big players don't get any smaller when the hit and hope long bomb goes deep into the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol you are using a bastion of crumby journalism as a source of authority!
Screw you Brishawk! The HUN is the truth. You just can't accept it.

This is purely a draft wish list and will lead to a extremely large work function that night if the below names are called.

Pick 31:
Tyler Keitel
Toby Mclean
Reece McKenzie

Pick 49 & 50
Aiden Anderson

Rookies
Harry Dear
Goodyear

Like it....Key forward is one area of concern going forward & if Keitel is still there at 31 then it would not surprise in the least to see us pull the trigger!....If Reece McKenzie is still there at 31 then I'd be most surprised indeed.

Anderson has forward smarts & is very clean, Webb will probably be gone by 49 with the Dogs all over him!....They may even go him at pick 26/27.

Like it....Key forward is one area of concern going forward & if Keitel is still there at 31 then it would not surprise in the least to see us pull the trigger!....If Reece McKenzie is still there at 31 then I'd be most surprised indeed.

Anderson has forward smarts & is very clean, Webb will probably be gone by 49 with the Dogs all over him!....They may even go him at pick 26/27.
I didn't even consider the fact Reese Mckenzie could make it to us... would love a contested marking giant coming our way! praying it happens now. But St Kilda and Dogs no doubt will look at him closely.

Pick 31: Inside midfielder
Pick 49: midfielder
Pick 50: key forward

I would rather see us take a ruckman in the rookie draft to give us some depth. No need to take a ruckman in the National draft in my opinion.

What we need though is to find that big strong key position forward for the future. Someone who can take over Roughead's role in the next 3-4 years. That's probably the only weakness in our side right now. Apart from that we've got all areas of the ground covered pretty well.

Hi all.
In my maiden address I'd 1st like to state that the HUH is fodder for nuffies but in this case I hope they are on the mark.
The Hawks really don't have any more need for short people at pick 31, 1st pick in any draft for teams well placed is to just take best available talent then start to look at needs based selections.
Needs I feel are around grooming more genuine key position players, backs are okay for now but the forwards are starting to look code red, we have plenty of flanker types but have no genuine big bodies being groomed at the moment. Where is the brute?
Remember that little blokes can go missing and get tired late in games but big players don't get any smaller when the hit and hope long bomb goes deep into the forward line.
Welcome and good first post. I think many around here are hoping that this guy becomes our Brute

unnamed (18).jpg

Pick 31:
Tyler Keitel
Toby Mclean
Reece McKenzie

Pick 49 & 50
Aiden Anderson

Rookies
Harry Dear
Goodyear

im not a huge fan of toby mclean, but the other guys are damn good, i really like anderson too

Hi all.

Reece McKenzie at 31 will address the Brute forward we are looking for when Roughy starts to need a Bash-Brother......if the other teams let him drop to us that is

Reece McKenzie at 31 will address the Brute forward we are looking for when Roughy starts to need a Bash-Brother......if the other teams let him drop to us that is

I like the idea of him at 31 but who was the last genuine A grade CHF or FF that was not taken with an early selection in the draft?

Pavlich, N Riewoldt, Franklin, Roughead, J Riedwoldt, Cloke & Hawkins (were considered top 10s in their draft years) are the dominant forward players of the last decade and were all high picks.

Taylor Walker is the only one that spring to mind who was not a high draft pick, that worries me with key position prospects, if he was really that good and that dominant then no way would he slip to pick 31.

I like the idea of him at 31 but who was the last genuine A grade CHF or FF that was not taken with an early selection in the draft?

Pavlich, N Riewoldt, Franklin, Roughead, J Riedwoldt, Cloke & Hawkins (were considered top 10s in their draft years) are the dominant forward players of the last decade and were all high picks.

Taylor Walker is the only one that spring to mind who was not a high draft pick, that worries me with key position prospects, if he was really that good and that dominant then no way would he slip to pick 31.

Reece McKenzie is definately in the second group of tall forwards, meaning he isn't going to be like Roughy, maybe a N.Ablett or J.Barker type who you give a chance and might reward you with 3-5 good years, i wouldn't think a star tall forw would drop to 31 unless like you said they were hidden somehow like in the past

Reece McKenzie is definately in the second group of tall forwards, meaning he isn't going to be like Roughy, maybe a N.Ablett or J.Barker type who you give a chance and might reward you with 3-5 good years, i wouldn't think a star tall forw would drop to 31 unless like you said they were hidden somehow like in the past

We already have O'Brien waiting in the wings to fill this role, my point being that I'd rather wait until we are in a position to draft a quality key forward or grab one in a trade/free agency scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back