Preview National Draft discussion (Picks 14, 35, 43, 58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's Durdins intensity like? Doesn't seem to be many SA kids in the top 30.

Does Levers knee reconstruction put anyone off drafting him?

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we pick up a key defender like Davis in the trade period should we still use our first pick on a KPD or wait to next year because we will have two very good defenders under 25

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
That's basically brodie Martin good footballer but a average athlete yet everyone says to drop him every week
:confused: average athlete?

Quick player with great endurance base and good leap .......no in fact he was recruited more for his athletic traits than his footballing ability, which has been his failure in recent seasons

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
What's Durdins intensity like? Doesn't seem to be many SA kids in the top 30.

Does Levers knee reconstruction put anyone off drafting him?

No ....really like Lever
Player can be drafted and do a knee in his first season .......better recovery when you're younger and his attitude to rehab tells you a lot about a players drive & determination

Durdin ......Mmm great skills, great mark, plays more like Carlisle

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
:confused: average athlete?

Quick player with great endurance base and good leap .......no in fact he was recruited more for his athletic traits than his footballing ability, which has been his failure in recent seasons

Just what I heard from the fox footy commentating team :)

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
We could bid on him to force Melbourne to use their first pick but not sure we would do that.
Even if we do bid on him, it would only force Melbourne to use their 2nd round pick on him, as our 1st round pick is after theirs.

F/S clubs are forced to use their first pick AFTER the pick which the other club bids.

Team DJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2011
Penny Lane
AFL Club
Carlton
Would Lyons and our second round pick be worth another pick in the top 10, Melbourne were interested in Lyons last year and they might end up with 3 picks in the top 10

If not Douglas and our second round pick surely would be, then we could get robinson to replace Douglas as that B Grade player but A grade attack at the footy

No.

Lyons and pick 29. = Pick 15 at best

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is an expression, sorry :p. Inserting daylight into lists like that is my way of saying 'there's a pretty significantly gap here, the gap is so large you can see daylight between it'
That's OK it was just a not very funny joke on my part.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
No ....really like Lever
Player can be drafted and do a knee in his first season .......better recovery when you're younger and his attitude to rehab tells you a lot about a players drive & determination

Durdin would be a great get imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No ....really like Lever

Except not as hard nosed and a bit dumber.

I'm all for Lever, though I'd take Durdin if he were there and Lever wasn't as a second choice.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Except not as hard nosed and a bit dumber.

I'm all for Lever, though I'd take Durdin if he were there and Lever wasn't as a second choice.
Are you saying Durdin is dumber than Carlisle ? .......because whilst i love Carlisles footy attributes, the kid ain't too bright

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
When forward, yeah, Durdin's dumber than Carlisle.

I'm talking completely from a 'on field smarts' point of view btw
BTW love your phantom draft ....well thought out & congratulations

Think you've said Durdin if he makes it will be as a CHB .......a bit like how Carlisle has started

Durdin has all the skills and i love the arial skills which IMO we're not a good marking side .........but the question for me is over his physicality and even at CHB if he gets a smart big bodied player will Durdin ever be able to go with them ?

BTW love your phantom draft ....well thought out & congratulations

Think you've said Durdin if he makes it will be as a CHB .......a bit like how Carlisle has started

Durdin has all the skills and i love the arial skills which IMO we're not a good marking side .........but the question for me is over his physicality and even at CHB if he gets a smart big bodied player will Durdin ever be able to go with them ?

The beauty is that he won't have to take the number 1 forward while we have Talia. But if we do draft him it makes nabbing an experienced 3rd tall a necessity.

Shoota Welsh

All Australian
Jun 12, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Carlton, Fremantle
This guy is my smokey - rate him extremely high. One thing we lack is blokes who can kick from the half back flank - it's an absolute weapon of a left foot. He's smart, smooth mover. Cracking lad as well.
how is one thing we lack a half back flanker with a good kick? henderson, smith, jaensch.

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does Jake Lever have the potential to play in his first year? Skippos

Play? yes. Improve the team? Nope.

You just don't get immediate hits out of KPPs from the draft. Forward or back, they just don't give you anything year one. He could conceivably play a game or three for a bit of experience but I'd be giving him two pre seasons before exposing him. Season three is when I'd be looking for something from Lever.

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This guy is my smokey - rate him extremely high. One thing we lack is blokes who can kick from the half back flank - it's an absolute weapon of a left foot. He's smart, smooth mover. Cracking lad as well.

He's a defensive liability. 5'11 yet not quick. Too small for anyone reasonably tall and those around his height are too quick for him. Too small to be an effective loose man too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back