News National Draft - Pick 33 - Welcome Bradley Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone ever been drafted under 60 kilos? Even Nathan Krakouer was heavier than that.

Needs at least another 15 kg to even be considered for senior footy. Surely there are some doubts that he will put on the required weight?

Looks a very risky selection to me but regardless best of luck to the young man with his career at Hawthorn :thumbsu:

Has anyone ever been drafted under 60 kilos? Even Nathan Krakouer was heavier than that.

Needs at least another 15 kg to even be considered for senior footy. Surely there are some doubts that he will put on the required weight?

Looks a very risky selection to me but regardless best of luck to the young man with his career at Hawthorn :thumbsu:
Well lucky for us afl.com.au has him weighing in at 71 kilos which while isnt tank is still not rake skinny.

Pretty sure he is 71kgs,

...my dog ways more than 60kgs lol. :eek:

You guys have got to impress him quick because he sounded very disappointed on channel 10 news just now. Don't think he wanted to leave WA at all. But if he reaches his full potential will be a great player for you guys. Glad he is going to a decent club :thumbsu:

If anyone has any footage of this I would very interested in seeing his body language.

"He sounded very disappointed." Ignore this comment.
More than likely was just nervous with a camera up in his face coming to terms
with the fact he would be moving states. Wouldn't you be ?

Hawks have gambled here, but very well may have found a player similar to Cyril. Will need time though, and with the Hawks' list the way it is now (Oozing with stars and future stars), Hill seems like a definite investment.

does that mean he is 191 kg tall :confused: :D

Lol

Hill is an outside runner which is what we need ... We are brittle in this area with Smith, Savage standing up in 2011 and Young, Ellis, Bateman not. Skills need some work but speed and speed endurance do not. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses through 2012.

Go HAWKS !

Lol

Hill is an outside runner which is what we need ... We are brittle in this area with Smith, Savage standing up in 2011 and Young, Ellis, Bateman not. Skills need some work but speed and speed endurance do not. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses through 2012.

Go HAWKS !

Precisely. We needed more run and Hill has speed agility and elite endurance.
He still needs to work on his football skills but could be Bateman's successor if he develops. Remember Chance took a few years to get a regular game and Hill will probably need time to work on strength and skills but has too much potential to ignore.

"He sounded very disappointed." Ignore this comment.
More than likely was just nervous with a camera up in his face coming to terms
with the fact he would be moving states. Wouldn't you be ?

Hawks have gambled here, but very well may have found a player similar to Cyril. Will need time though, and with the Hawks' list the way it is now (Oozing with stars and future stars), Hill seems like a definite investment.

How did it compare with this interview?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/AFL/eag...204557385?site=FoxSports&subcat=1225916318050

I saw his interview and he was dissapointed to be picked up by Hawks who stated later they didnt go for the best player .WTF were they wanting then ?
Hill admits in other interviews his brother Stephen has been helping him with his skills which are not too flash i believe.
We got a runner with not many skills at the moment so only time will tell.
Hill stated he was hoping to play against Stephen this year . In my opinion , he has no chance of that happening.
He said his mum and brother said he was lucky to be on a AFL list/ team so for him to make the most of it .Over all he did not seem happy to be coming over .He stated he likes Hawthorn it is a good club to go to and Rioli is his favourite player.Hill wanted to play along side his brother at Freo .He said he thought he would go at about the 30's and had no qualms about going to Hawthorn. He said he would be ok with moving .He is coming over on Saturday for 2 weeks and then back to WA for Xmas.
Only time will tell i guess .He needs , skills , muscles and more skills .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I hear, Bradley Hill is the second coming of Tim Clarke. Given the direction Clarko wishes to take the team, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Best wishes to the young lad, and I hope he makes it, but I think it illustrates that Hawthorn went with a high-risk, high-reward scenario in this draft, after trading for Jack Gunston (which was their main target through the off-season).

but I think it illustrates that Hawthorn went with a high-risk, high-reward scenario in this draft, after trading for Jack Gunston (which was their main target through the off-season).
It seems like it. With only latish picks in a shallow draft you can either take guys who you know are only good enough to be fringe players but you are sure of their level, or you can punt on someone with scope for improvement. In all likelihood neither type will have a great career, but with the later you at least might end up with more than a depth player.

I am a little surprised we took a midfielder with iffy skills though. It does seem like we think we're short a small forward, so maybe we see him starting out using his great pace up forward to pressure and harass.

Hmmm - I wish the kid well and I really hope he can avoid becoming the latest member of an infamous club down at Hawthorn.

The s**t brother of a great player club...

Justin Crawford
Brad Lloyd
Matt Ball

At least going for a player with potential upside especially relating to Brad's current skill issues, it gives us supporters something to hope for. Rather that then another depth player unlikely to ever make the best 22.

Hmmm - I wish the kid well and I really hope he can avoid becoming the latest member of an infamous club down at Hawthorn.

The s**t brother of a great player club...

Justin Crawford
Brad Lloyd
Matt Ball

Bit harsh. Justin Crawford stills owns the dart board at the Harp Hotel.

You also forgot Kelvin Mathews and Apples Robran, they were both handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back