News National Draft - Pick 33 - Welcome Bradley Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought this thread worthy of a second bump - Did anyone really think within three years Brad would be starring in winning back to back premierships and had gone past his brother Stephen as the best Hill playing the game? And all for the low low price of pick 33 (best result Brent Renouf ever delivered the club!).

I'm glad to have been wrong about him joining the s**t brothers club.

Renouf career at Hawthorn was short but very handy. Played the best few games of his career at just the right time to become a premiership player and to then become trade bait instead of delistment material. Thanks Twister.

Renouf career at Hawthorn was short but very handy. Played the best few games of his career at just the right time to become a premiership player and to then become trade bait instead of delistment material. Thanks Twister.
His efforts in 2008 wins him the Greg Madigan "Just lucky to be there" award. I still feel for poor old Simon Taylor who got injured at the wrong time of year.

His efforts in 2008 wins him the Greg Madigan "Just lucky to be there" award. I still feel for poor old Simon Taylor who got injured at the wrong time of year.

What I was implying is that by playing in the premiership, on the basis of the fact that there was little other option, we could actually trade him.

Thanks for that. It amuses me no end that certain scats and swans posters still troll about #33 when this beauty is cruising around.

Bradley is Jarman with a turbo. Its a pity he didnt get #11 jumper then we would have a nice #11, #22, #33 progression of pure talent
Very far off Jarman for mine

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Simon Taylor was rested against Carlton in Round 22 and then never got his spot back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes had a better start with two premierships he made a difference in

Jarman was special though
Yeah Jarman looked a bit out of place and had a shocker in the 91 GF.

But what a player, one of my all time favourites. I was devastated when he left us. Will always hate his fat brother for that

From what I hear, Bradley Hill is the second coming of Tim Clarke. Given the direction Clarko wishes to take the team, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Best wishes to the young lad, and I hope he makes it, but I think it illustrates that Hawthorn went with a high-risk, high-reward scenario in this draft, after trading for Jack Gunston (which was their main target through the off-season).

Bold prediction, Dixie!

Tim Clarke is spinning in his grave.

;)

Nice to reflect on this one....

These are the guys we could have picked had we kept our pick #24 would be interesting to know who they would have been picked ahead of Hill given the opportunity.

24 Henry Schade (Gold Coast)
25 Sebastian Ross (St Kilda)
26 Todd Elton (Richmond)
27 Sam Kerridge (Adelaide)
28 Fraser McInnes (West Coast)
29 Alex Forster (Fremantle)
30 Elliot Yeo (Brisbane Lions)
31 Jackson Merrett (Essendon)
32 Joel Hamling (Geelong)

See Draft Tracker for details.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back