National Draft Pick #37 - Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Your team didnt even draft what they need the most, a line breaking tall mid. Seriously what the hell were the Weagles recruiters thinking? The trade with Collingwood was also beyond stupid.
The eagles just need better players full stop. Guess they failed on they too.

I can't help but laugh. When visiting the Egirls board, they've got a post "could we be like the 2006 team?". Since they're carp, and no chance of a flag, you'd have to think they're talking about another major drug use epidemic.

In our defense I thinks its safe to argue we have a very good forward line with Kennedy, Lecras and Darling. The Rucks are good with Cox and Naitanui. Our backline is pretty decent when you include Hurn, Mckenzie and Glass. We do in fact have a decent list its just the mids get bullied a bit and the gameplan was way way out of date. All should be rectified in the next 2-3 years I would imagine.

In our defense I thinks its safe to argue we have a very good forward line with Kennedy, Lecras and Darling. The Rucks are good with Cox and Naitanui. Our backline is pretty decent when you include Hurn, Mckenzie and Glass. We do in fact have a decent list its just the mids get bullied a bit and the gameplan was way way out of date. All should be rectified in the next 2-3 years I would imagine.
You'd hope so. With the amount of fair weather sailors the Eagle supporter base is made up of, another 2 years of missing the finals could see you end up in a similar situation as Port Adelaide. As a West Australian, I'd hate to see West Coast having to cover sections of the ground with Yellow and Blue tarps to cover the fact that you're no longer pulling a crowd.

I'd be worried that three of those eight will not be at the Eagles in 2015.

I'd be worried that three of those eight will not be at the Eagles in 2015.

Two of them shouldn't be there now. Coxy is in ignominious decline . It looks pathetic watching this once elite ruckman pleading for frees and then arguing with umpires, as the opposition is clearing the ball away. He should have gone last year.
Glassy is finished as well. He hasn't taken the any of the best three forwards of the opposition for 4 years now. He has never played on the number one forward.
West Coast are wasting time.
Beauy is another who is taking up list space with his injuries.

Simpson has much to do.

You'd hope so. With the amount of fair weather sailors the Eagle supporter base is made up of, another 2 years of missing the finals could see you end up in a similar situation as Port Adelaide.

The worst part is half those fair weather sailors will be jumping on our bandwagon.

Look for an increase in the percentage of knob Freo supporters over the next couple of years. People will say it's Freo supporters getting arrogant, when really it's just the big mouthed, small hearted fans switching teams temporarily.

Two of them shouldn't be there now. Coxy is in ignominious decline . It looks pathetic watching this once elite ruckman pleading for frees and then arguing with umpires, as the opposition is clearing the ball away. He should have gone last year.
Glassy is finished as well. He hasn't taken the any of the best three forwards of the opposition for 4 years now. He has never played on the number one forward.

Simpson has much to do.

Glass is a gun, and has played on plenty of good forwards over the last 4 years, including Pav. And I wouldn't write Cox off just yet either..

Simpson has much to do.

Coxy, Glassy, Beauy... Roosy?

Our backline is pretty settled with MacPharlin the only player who could possibly be gone in the next 1-2 years (could see him staying though if fitness maintains). With Pearce and Smith we have some nice players developing who could cover him, and a reasonable timeframe for them to come up to speed. After that MJ and Dawson will start to enter the twilight zone of their careers. Jagging another decent KPP in next years draft will set us up.

Our backline is pretty settled with MacPharlin the only player who could possibly be gone in the next 1-2 years (could see him staying though if fitness maintains). With Pearce and Smith we have some nice players developing who could cover him, and a reasonable timeframe for them to come up to speed. After that MJ and Dawson will start to enter the twilight zone of their careers. Jagging another decent KPP in next years draft will set us up.

Not quite MJ is 30 now. You would think that retirement is possible anytime over the next 4 years. So if there is a bad injury were done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite MJ is 30 now. You would think that retirement is possible anytime over the next 4 years. So if there is a bad injury were done.

I reckon that's what our 196cm Oiirush recruit is being groomed for. 3rd tall who runs the ball out of defence. We're ok for now MJ has a couple of years left, by that time the Irishman will be in full swing.

I reckon that's what our 196cm Oiirush recruit is being groomed for. 3rd tall who runs the ball out of defence. We're ok for now MJ has a couple of years left, by that time the Irishman will be in full swing.
Quite possibly but we haven't got him yet. Don't know if he will be good (i believe he will be). He might go ealsewhere. He might go home.
Bondy seems to be pursing the "We have a a plan A, we have a plan B but we need to make sure so what's plan C" path.
After all we have have 5 Rucks (plus Apeness to pinch hit). We now have 5 KPF's of varying quality in Pav, Bradley, Tabs, Gumby and Apeness (Pearce to pinch hit). We haven't got too that level in the KPB yet. We only have McPhalin, Dawson, Smith, SCOS, possibly Pearce (not sure how he will go or if RTB will send him to the backs), possibly an Irishman. We are light here.
I would say that a KPD is possible for this Rookie draft but I'm not sure the tall stocks are there so I would be leaving that for a Round 1 draft next year.

Haha it was nothing more than a joke. Despite your midfield being bottom four in the afl this year and you were effectively missing your no.1 ruck you were still in the finals race until very close to the end. I think that says a lot for the rest of your list which is of very similar ability to ours.

Glass is a gun, and has played on plenty of good forwards over the last 4 years, including Pav. And I wouldn't write Cox off just yet either..[/quote

No Sirree, Glassy has never played directly on Pavlich ...ever.
Please name which main forward player he has played on in the past 4 years.
He only takes the third or fourth best .
Schofield and EMack take the best .

The highlights on this video are much better than the previous video.

You're not kidding, there was some pretty impressive stuff in that video.

That bump in the centre followed by the tackle in the forward line was brilliant. That video makes him look a much better player than the original highlights we saw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back