National Draft Pick #58 - Brady Grey

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Brady through cricket. He was a good cricketer and soccer player and obviously good at footy. I know Brady from when I used to umpire him at the Imparja Cup which is the National Indigenous Cricket Tournament held in Alice Springs each year, some of you may have heard of the Imparja Cup. The tournament is run by Cricket Australia.

Anyway he's a nice bloke, down to earth and likes a chat. Seems like a good player. He'll do well at Freo.

Cheers.

Nuggety, close to the ground sort of player. Looks like he has a good burst away from congestion too. His kicking looks like a WIP though.

about to join in his first ever preseason; that'll be interesting. i do like these mids with a bag of tricks that we're accumulating.

Has two things I really rate, being a natural ball finder and playing well in big games. Wouldn't mind him as my buddie.
What pick did we get Lachie for?

With the "it's only a highlights clip" caveat attached, he seems to have excellent ball sense. Able to anticipate where the ball will be before other players around him can, both in terms of natural movement around the packs and reading the play as it unfolds up the ground. Dare I say it, a "short" Barlow.

I'd have preferred Jonno Marsh. Take a risk on some upside. Grey might turn out to be a serviceable player but I'm not sure you just can't get that type of player through the rookie draft etc...

we've already taken enough risks on upside with duffy and simpson. i don't think we needed another project player in marsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the "it's only a highlights clip" caveat attached, he seems to have excellent ball sense. Able to anticipate where the ball will be before other players around him can, both in terms of natural movement around the packs and reading the play as it unfolds up the ground. Dare I say it, a "short" Barlow.

he looks to position himself well and seems to be an inside-50 machine.

Good effort to get drafted having never done a proper footy preseason. You'd think he has the potential for pretty sharp improvement in that case.

Grey runs a lot like Cyril Rioli maybe not as fast its deceiving to watch in the clips and he has the look of a player with good peripheral vision .
The clips also show that he has a nice side step and clean hands in close .
I like what I've seen so far but does he have a left foot !
All the clips show a tendency for him to only get it on the right does anyone know what the left foot is like :cool:

seems a very talented lad, hopefully like Goddard in that respect. I like the look of him.

These picks are very athletic. Looking to the future of the game with less rotations and more speed and stamina possibly.

I'd have preferred Jonno Marsh. Take a risk on some upside. Grey might turn out to be a serviceable player but I'm not sure you just can't get that type of player through the rookie draft etc...

Bad kicking is bad footy, and every other club let him go until the very end. Clearly Marsh is over rated on these boards off that evidence..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back