Multiplat NBA 2K15

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not true.

This scripting bullshit always comes out in sports games and 'they must be true because it happened to me once!', the fact is, it's harder to script situations like that into a game than it is to not have it there at all in the first place. Devs don't do that and it's ridiculous to speculate about it without any actual facts.
Where did you pull that from?
It was confirmed on the 2k forums. Ill try find the link again.

Yeh im bot buying it either. So your saying for unstance im shooting 60% at half time. If i do nothing but try to score of fast break open layups and dunks ill miss them???
You won't miss dunks and layups and s**t if there is nobody there. But your shot meter bar thing closes extremely quick and you will put up more and more red shots.

Its also apparently discussed on the NBA 2k TV, which I can't find online.

I'm not sure why your defending this game so much HBK (Yes I do, you're a massive fan boy and cant take criticism about things you like), but id appreciate it if you stopped shooting down every bad thing about this game and saying it doesnt happen. Fact is, like every year, this game, whilst amazing, has massive flaws.

Last edited:
Its also apparently discussed on the NBA 2k TV, which I can't find online.

I'm not sure why your defending this game so much HBK (Yes I do, you're a massive fan boy and cant take criticism), but id appreciate it if you stopped shooting down every bad thing about this game and saying it doesnt happen. Fact is, like every year, this game, whilst amazing, has massive flaws.
Because stating fallacies as fact isn't correct and it needs to be stated as such.

Apparently the game is scripted so you never shoot well in a match just so you get a scene where you have a practice after that match. It's definitely there and definitely does happen, just doesn't happen to everyone in every career...indicating it's not scripted and a reaction scene to a poor match instead. Hell, like I've said, I got a scene where I was told I was shooting very well, in reaction to a high shooting percentage. The scenes in the Career mode are reactive when relating to game situations like that, not forcing anything.

I'm not going to go for some lame personal jab in return, I'll just call bullshit.

I've watched the NBA 2KTV eps and I didn't see it stated.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
To those of you already playing - do I go XBONE or PC (with the XBONE controller)?

I'm not too fussed about the game face/Kjnect thing but my Googling hasn't turned up much beyond that.
If you aren't fussed with the face scan then I'd go PC, with all the modding people do to the game it's the best option.

However I don't know if you are fussed with online play or not but I'd assume you find more people to play with on the XB1 than the PC.

Just had an epic result. We're down Paul George (the irony that he gets a leg injury in my season!) for a few games, so we've got a relatively poor squad going out onto the court. But I've managed to pull us through for a few wins against average opposition.

But this time, we're up against the Spurs. We're not playing well for most of the game, trailing for most of the match and going further behind even more when I'm not on the court. Start of the 3rd and we're down by 17 points. I get the objective to get us to within 10 points before 4 mins of this quarter is up. I manage to jump out early and grab a 3, then some good defence and good shooting gets us to within that 10. By the end of the 4th we're down by that margin, 10.

Overall we're still struggling to peg back anything though, so I feel this is where I need to hog the ball as much as possible to get us the win. But, in doing so, the double teams come onto me, however they leave West open time and time again and he nails 5 baskets back to back to bring us even. West has shot 7/7 for the night so far, when with 25 seconds to go he misses a wide open jumper from the baseline. This gives San Antonio almost an entire shot clock to make the final play.

We manage some superb defence, with Parker wanting to own the last play, tipping the ball out of his hands a few times. But he recovers every time and then with 2 seconds on the shot clock (2.5 game) to go, he puts up a flick shot that comes off the backboard and rolls into the basket. 1.1 seconds on the clock...scores are 64(Pacers)-66(Spurs).

Timeout called. We inbound it, I get the ball on the 3 and put the shot up, my timing is early, almost too early. But...IT GOES IN! There's huge reaction, however the refs don't know if the time had run out or not...to the replay! The replay shows, over and over...and it looks like, with 0.1 seconds left on the clock the ball has left my hands! We win! 67-66. One for the ages, will tell my kids about this moment one day!
Chopped together the last quarter of this match, mainly highlights.

Skip to 3:00 if you want to just catch the buzzer beater. :D

How do you post uploaded ps4 videos into here?
If you've uploaded it to Youtube (via the new function - although I used Facebook, then download helper from there to download the vid off Facebook as Youtube was giving me an error), you just need the link and then click the 'Media' button in the toolbar where you post (it's the thing that looks like overlapping film), put the link in the popup and it'll embed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I had my first go at MyPark last night and is my player supposed to be awful?

My player in Mycareer is rated 84, yet he was playing like he was rated 60. In particular his movement was awful and impossible to control.

Is that caused by the connection or is your rating in MyPark not related to your ranking in MyCareer. If so, how do you improve?

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
I had my first go at MyPark last night and is my player supposed to be awful?

My player in Mycareer is rated 84, yet he was playing like he was rated 60. In particular his movement was awful and impossible to control.

Is that caused by the connection or is your rating in MyPark not related to your ranking in MyCareer. If so, how do you improve?

Haven't played MyPark yet but it sounds like the connection. I have the same issues playing MyTeam and online ranked matches.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lads, quick question. I currently do not have wifi, ( besides my phone) Do I need a connection to install any updates to play the game?? Just want to know before purchasing

Feb 22, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City
Lads, quick question. I currently do not have wifi, ( besides my phone) Do I need a connection to install any updates to play the game?? Just want to know before purchasing

If your PS4 is offline, you don't need to update. You'll be able to play the shipped version of the game. I'm not sure if there were any game breaking bugs patched very early though.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
God this game is infuriating. MyCareer is s**t , my team couldn't hit water out of boat but yet the AI for the opposition is constantly making every fricken basket regardless of how well defended it is. The AI's ability to pull down every offensive rebound is a joke and the shot meter is crap unless you're using the out and out guns. Can't play online because of the button lag so I'm stuck trying to enjoy my career and my gm.

Oh and not to mention the defense is horrible. It is far too easy for pg's to blow past you for a easy drive to the basket because your player can't respond fast enough and just ball watches.

Last edited:
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Seriously that shooting bar is stupid. I can be free with no one on me and shoot right next to the line and miss while I can sink it being marked and be not anywhere near it.

I know it's not supposed to be a given but when the PC seem to sink it every time that's when it's frustrating.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
I turned the meter off a while ago and just went back to the old way since I though i was focusing on the meter rather than the release, think it's a much better way to go
Awesome, i wasn't aware you could turn it off. Is this on next gen ? And what options menu do I find it under ?

I'm focusing on the bar too much , on the practice court I have no issues with it but then in game time the timing for it is all over the shop.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Awesome, i wasn't aware you could turn it off. Is this on next gen ? And what options menu do I find it under ?

I'm focusing on the bar too much , on the practice court I have no issues with it but then in game time the timing for it is all over the shop.
Yep it's available in the next ten version just go to settings in MyCareer (or whatever mode you're in) and turn the meter off and s**t feedback back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back