Multiplat NBA 2K16

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been one of the worst things about 2K games going all the way back to 2K9.

The inability to specify to a player what his role is makes it even worse. Copped months of Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson wringing about coming off the bench.

Major reason I think for my main save I'll go with MyLeague.

Sounds like they captured them perfectly, don't see the issue.

I've gotten that a couple of times. Most of the time I just deny & coddle, since with most players, you only lose between 1-5 morale.

Is there a setting to make the CPU stop changing my starters? Every time I pick my starters they get changed back after simulating a few games, it even keeps putting in a PG with 10 less overall than the guy I'm trying to have as the starting PG.

Sounds like they captured them perfectly, don't see the issue.
I don't ever recall current day Josh Smith whining about being an impact player off the bench. Him signing for the Clippers clearly shows he accepts that.

Plus I had Jamal Crawford whining too. I mean that's just stupid.

Plus in a Celtics save I had Evan Turner sooking that Marcus Smart was taking his shots.

Is there a setting to make the CPU stop changing my starters? Every time I pick my starters they get changed back after simulating a few games, it even keeps putting in a PG with 10 less overall than the guy I'm trying to have as the starting PG.
Sounds like you've set team management to auto.

Should be in the settings somewhere. Also I could be wrong but I think they tend to change automatically if you just sim as opposed to using SimCast.

Are you playing any of these games? I've found having a good Center is really important in this game, I struggle on superstar if I have a crappy center.
I sim most of them. Of course when I play, I can get double doubles all the time with centres.

What are everyone's current line-up? I'm in the 2018-2019 season with the Bucks.

Starters:

PG: Kamil Abdur-Rahim (88 overall. Traded Jabari Parker for no.1 pick and so far has turned out great. The dude also dunks like Vince Carter. Has won the Dunk contest already.)
15.5ppg, 2.6rpg, 8.2apg

SG: Kobe Bryant (76 overall. 40 years old. Got rid of Middleton because I would play him roughly 32 minutes and his averages were worse than Kobe's, who I would play around roughly 24 minutes.)
12.3ppg, 2.1rpg, 3.8apg

SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo (87 overall. Best player on the team. Still hasn't hit his peak. All-Star previous 2 years.)
19.1ppg, 8.8rpg, 3.9apg

PF: Greg Monroe (79 overall. His prime is already passed I think, which sucks because he's not even 30 yet. Luckily I signed him to a cheap contract.)
14.6ppg, 9.6rpg, 2.2apg

C: Andrew Bogut (69 overall. Well passed his prime. Only starting because my main centre Bismack Biyombo (75 overall) is injured. My centre position is my weakspot.)
4.8ppg, 5.6rpg, 3.1apg

Rest of the team:

Harrison Barnes (SF/PF - 78 overall)
Patrick Patterson (PF - 75 overall)
Rashad Vaughn (SG/SF - 74 overall)
Tyler Ennis (PG - 71 overall)
Luke Babbitt (SF - 71 overall)
Plus a bunch of others I don't really use.

In the middle of a rebuild (Heat 2018-19) and traded for a bunch of top draft picks.

PG: V.Oladipo 82 overall and 26 years old
SG: J.Young (random rookie) 77 overall and 22 years old
SF: J.Winslow 83 overall and 22 years old
PF: N. Noel 87 overall and 24 years old
C: A. Drummond 86 overall and 25 years old

In the middle of a rebuild (Heat 2018-19) and traded for a bunch of top draft picks.

PG: V.Oladipo 82 overall and 26 years old
SG: J.Young (random rookie) 77 overall and 22 years old
SF: J.Winslow 83 overall and 22 years old
PF: N. Noel 87 overall and 24 years old
C: A. Drummond 86 overall and 25 years old

How many games do you play/sim to have gotten so far already?

New year. Lost my awesome PG to the Kings somehow. :( Upgraded in the center though.

PG: Marcus Smart (78 overall. Decent pick-up.)
SG: Rashad Vaughn (74 overall. Ehhh.)
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo (86 overall. Went down. WTF?)
PF: Greg Monroe (79 overall. He's consistent. Averages 15/10 usually.)
C: Sim Bhullar (79 overall. Had tons of potential, I guess.)

Do players ever demand trades if they're in a Dwight Howard like situation where he wanted out of Orlando?
I don't think they demand trades. If their morale is low enough, they won't resign with you and the GM will most likely ask to you to delist or trade them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Utah traded Favours for Rondo.. They offered that to me!
My line up in year two with Sac

PG: Collison 80 (good at drawing fouls, passing good, shooting iffy)
SG: Bellinelli 72 (amazing shooting, ok defence, gets some cheeky boards)
SF: Gay 82 (really good on fast break, surprising decent shooting)
PF: Favours 83 (need to get use to him, can hit an outside shot, not getting heaps of boards)
C: Cousins 87 (amazing to play with, amazing)

Bench:
J.Clarkson 76 (good shooter, passer)
B.Mclemore 74 (struggle with him a bit, may look to trade but has upside)
W. Cauley-Stein 75 (good at steals, rebounds and blocks, terrible offense other than dunks)
French SF drafted pick 14 69 (haven't used)
Butler 70 (good shooting)
Koufos 71 ( i like using him but limited mins)
Stockton 68 (3rd string pg, not really that good)
Acy 69 (awful)
J.Young 70 (awful but re-signed him anyways..good for sim depth)
P. Jones 71 (haven't used)

Clarkson was my big offseason recruit, straight into the 6th man spot. Also signed Perry Jones who was pretty cheap and he may be used if the French dude has a terrible shooting style or is generally bad. Really love playing with Bellinelli and fits team really well.
Changing training intensity because some bench warmers wanted it was annoying, I shipped them off when they dropped in moral because I couldn't be bothered changing it.

Last edited:
What would you guys recommend as an interesting MyGM mode team?

When I first played this game back on NBA 2k10 I chose the Thunder because they had a lot of young talent. Now that they are a lot more experienced now perhaps that would seem like too easy a choice.

I was thinking of the Jazz as they have the two Aussies Ingles and Exum.

Thoughts?

How many games do you play/sim to have gotten so far already?

I hardly ever play games in MyGM, just do all the management type stuff.

That was killing my MyGM experience last year.

I've started putting the team training intensity on very high and then lowering individual players when they complain which seems to have worked so far. Shitty players saying that they deserve to be a starter/people wanting more minutes when they already get heaps is still really frustrating, though

I hardly ever play games in MyGM, just do all the management type stuff.

I've started putting the team training intensity on very high and then lowering individual players when they complain which seems to have worked so far. Shitty players saying that they deserve to be a starter/people wanting more minutes when they already get heaps is still really frustrating, though

Not even playoffs or games against big teams?

Interesting. Also guys, what camera do you use for regular team games (not my career)?

Right now I'm going with the behind camera (I think it's called 2k). I like that it makes the court symmetric. When using a broadcast or any side camera I'd always favour shots on the camera side because it felt easier.

Bought 3 packs in my team and pulled Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol and Al Horford.

Starting line up and bench of

Derrick Rose
Khris Midleton
Andrew Wiggins
Lemarcus Aldridge
Al Jefferson
-----
Kevin Love
Roy Hibbert
Isaiah Thomas
Gordon Hayward
Wayne Ellington
Pau Gasol

Plus a few others which I can't remember at the moment.

What would you guys recommend as an interesting MyGM mode team?

When I first played this game back on NBA 2k10 I chose the Thunder because they had a lot of young talent. Now that they are a lot more experienced now perhaps that would seem like too easy a choice.

I was thinking of the Jazz as they have the two Aussies Ingles and Exum.

Thoughts?
I was going to start one with Denver, they have a new young point in Mudiay and you can eventually move Gallinari and Chandler on.

Bought 3 packs in my team and pulled Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol and Al Horford.

Starting line up and bench of

Derrick Rose
Khris Midleton
Andrew Wiggins
Lemarcus Aldridge
Al Jefferson
-----
Kevin Love
Roy Hibbert
Isaiah Thomas
Gordon Hayward
Wayne Ellington
Pau Gasol

Plus a few others which I can't remember at the moment.

I'm currently missing only one gold player to have a full line up of golds. This does include Spud Jordan and Enes Kanter. It's also worth noting, its a lot smarter after you get 3 decent golds to start buying the Davis packs. You'll get golds eventually anyways from your MyPlayer connections and more cards means closer to Diamond MJ ;)

I have 288 cards at the moment :(

Last edited:
I'm currently missing only one gold player to have a full line up of golds. This does include Spud Jordan and Enes Kanter. It's also worth noting, its a lot smarter after you get 3 decent golds to start buying the David packs. You'll get golds eventually anyways from your MyPlayer connections and more cards means closer to Diamond MJ ;)

I have 288 cards at the moment :(

Oh wow I only just cracked 100 cards. Selling some average silvers and buying logos and coaches I don't have for 250MT and scraping my way to 100 cards and 15,000 MT :p

Oh wow I only just cracked 100 cards. Selling some average silvers and buying logos and coaches I don't have for 250MT and scraping my way to 100 cards and 15,000 MT :p
I havent sold anyone besides duplicants, I wanna collect them all ;) That and I want to get the Diamonds it unlocks. I just play MyPlayer and use the VC from that for my Davis packs, rinse and repeat. Anyone else have any ruins yet from the cards? I have 3 so far, I want that black market area :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back