Multiplat NBA 2K16

Remove this Banner Ad

New trailer showing off the new tattoo system, looks pretty cool. Customization in this years game is crazy.

This game will blow other sports games out of the water. I will cut and paste from 3 gameplay blogs.

Ball and rim physics look much more realistic now. You’re going to see long rebounds, rim rattlers on made and missed jumpers, and lots of other ball to rim interactions that we’ve never had before. Dunking and rim hangs have also never felt better. This year, the rim and stanchion respond to dunks with a true physical model. So on rim grazers, you’ll see the rim breakaway very slightly if at all. While monster rim hangs will show the basket and stanchion getting pulled down and snapping back up when the player lets go. Dunks that hit the side of the rim will cause the basket support to sway laterally and so on. And a quick side note on dunks, we’ve improved the ability of bigs to dunk from a stand when operating deep in the paint.

New Post Game! Post has been rebuilt from the ground up and is better than ever.

Loads of passing improvements: faster ball speeds, better pass animation selection, completely re-written pass lane selection, ability to immediately break out of catches, step in catches around the rim, step out catches when crowded, less sliding on standing catches, boat loads of new content, and much much more.

Improved pick controls and animations – Ability to quickly toggle between roll or fade as well as switch pick side without having to wait for a timer. You can also call for an early slip or fade at any point.

Support for signature size-ups in all 4 directions. Over 200 new size-up animations really boost the floor game and makes it a lot more fun to break down the defense with your favorite ball handlers. All size-ups are completely branch-able at any time and look great.

Blocking is another area that has gotten a lot of love. As a blocker, you can now choose to go up conservatively with verticality or more aggressively to try and make a bigger play on the ball. We’ve also implemented point IK, which allow blockers to track the ball in real time and react to different situations in a dynamic way. For me, swatting a shot into the stands is probably the most gratifying thing to do in NBA 2K16. The improved physics on blocks make these scenarios look great too.

For jump shooters, we’ve added some of the post-release follow through antics that shooters tend to do in real life. So on high percentage shots you’ll see guys leaving their hand up on the follow through or heading back upcourt early as they watch the flight of the ball. You’ll see players try to “will the ball in” with their body language, follow their shots, or even celebrate early like Steph Curry on a buzzer beater. It may be a small detail, but it’s one of my favorite features this year.

Last I checked, we were somewhere in the neighborhood of 9,000-10,000 new animations.

NBA 2K16 allows you to traverse the history of the game with not only historic players, courts, and teams, but also the plays and spacing those teams used at the time.

You can go all the way back to the '60s and find plays those teams actually ran taken from gameplay footage. You can see the origins of the Chin offense with the Celtics and Knicks, and you can run the same sets young Jordan did when he torched the league in '86.

We came up with a solution we call Situational Awareness Modules. The modules allow us to present the offensive A.I. with a problem or a situation like a pick and roll. We can then give the A.I. basketball-based human solutions to each situation and allow it to actually read the situation and select the best course of action dynamically.

In NBA 2K16 we introduce our dynamic pick and roll module. In the module, the roll or fade man will actually attempt to read the defense and stay in the gaps. They won’t always make the perfect read, but they try to stay in line with the ball or go to the most open area. This really opens up our pick and roll game like never before.

This year our 1 vs 1 attack module will begin to change that for good in NBA 2K16. The A.I. in NBA 2K16 is no longer simply playing dribble animations.We taught the A.I. about approach and attack distances. We broke down different defensive positions, what each one attempts to take away and what each covered position opens up. The A.I. will give you a move, read your response or lack thereof, and make its next decision based on that information. Our goal for this was to make it vastly improved but not perfect so users don’t feel cheated.

For NBA 2K16 we completely re-wrote our Drive Logic to work hand in hand with our 1 vs. 1 attack module. In what will become a common theme, we gave the A.I. fundamental basketball reads on which to base its drive decisions.The A.I. is aware of pull up, runner/floater, and layup distances. We use a touch down to check down philosophy so it is constantly aware of whether the paint is open or clogged. We even have the A.I. check for the presence of shot blockers and allow that to play a role in its decision to drive. This happens for both regular drive attempts and when the A.I. is attacking using a pick and roll. Our A.I. also looks to punish defenders going under screens against guys who can stroke the three. Scorers like Carmelo force you to guard them all over the floor. In transition, isolation, on the block, and off a screen.

This year we have a situational module that accounts for mismatches. We didn’t want to make it too strong so that actions and plays were constantly breaking. We felt cheesers could use that as a tactic to break up the flow of the A.I.’s offense. The A.I. is much more aware of mismatches and will call quick actions to immediately take advantage of the larger mismatches as they occur.

This year we expanded our freelance offensive selection to include 21 freelance offenses and 8 motion offenses. Every freelance and motion offense in our game can have its own specific early offensive system.

With Adaptive Coaching Engine, depending on each coach's philosophy, each quarter they can attack you differently or maintain the same offensive focus. ACE is also able to detect crunch time and apply a team-specific game plan based on how teams operate down the stretch. When you play the Celtics and Isaiah Thomas checks into the game, the Celtics will feature him on offense just like they did last season. They transform from equal opportunity offense to one driven by Isaiah’s ability to create shots for himself and his teammates.

WINGSPANS – Length is everything in the NBA, so we’re taking full advantage of our “true-to-life wingspans” in NBA 2K16. Players such as Kawhi Leonard and The Greek Freak will defend at the appropriate distances and take the proper containment angles knowing where THEY need to be to contest the shot.

THE ADAPTIVE COACHING ENGINE This engine allows the AI to dynamically and progressively adapt to you, the gamer, as you play in your Exhibition, Season, and Playoff games. For the first time ever, each player is treated differently depending on the team, score and situation.

NEW Every pick and roll defense in the NBA is in NBA 2K16! Our Adaptive coaching engine has allowed us the ability to incorporate positional hedging combinations. A team like the Raptors who can now hard hedge with their power forward and drop their center in the pick and roll.

NEW Multiple defensive player assignments - Just like the finals, a player like LeBron could see up to four different Warriors match up with him throughout a game. This can change due to quarter, score and how he’s having success.

NEW Elite defender responsibility – In any other basketball game prior to NBA 2K16, a Cavs vs. Bulls match up would have Dunleavy guarding LeBron the entire game. Now certain teams will put their best defenders on you depending on the situation. Expect players like Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, or Kawhi Leonard to switch on to elite perimeter players.

NEW Team recognition of mismatches on the block. No longer will you see teams not double when Shaq is posting up Steve Kerr!

NEW Late game pick and roll switching. Don’t expect to cheese the CPU late in the shot clock, they now have the ability to switch late pick and rolls

NEWQuarter by quarter defensive adjustments - A team like the Clippers may show you a different look to start the third quarter of games. This will vary depending on the opposition.

NEW Extending pressure – Don’t be surprised to see players such as Patrick Beverley and Matthew Dellevadova (in particular situations) pressure you 94 feet. This will impact stamina on both the ball carrier and on-ball defender.

When I first saw info for 2k16 I saw they were improving the shoes and laughed at how minimal an update it'd be.

Seems like I'm the one to be laughed at now...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like Greg Anthony, hope he goes "OH MY GOOODNESS" on those big dunks like he does in real life

Game is looking incredible, when are we going to get some decent gameplay footage though?

Anyone know if I pre-order online through JB whether they send out the games for the 25th the early release date?

It's got available 29/9/15 but then the banner that says pre-order for 25th early release, I'm just wondering if that would apply to pre-orders online?

When I asked about getting it on the 25th in store the people had no clue lol

A couple of months ago, I was going to skip this game and now with the upgrades and I will definitely be buying around Christmas

Not sure about Greg Anthony, would have liked Brent Barry or Steve smith myself

07 Cavs are a classic team in the game? Lol that is BS, what a joke. No 2000's Spurs, Nets or 01 Kings.

Apparently getting MyCareer info tomorrow with some gameplay. Fingers crossed.

Really hope with the pre-order we can get it on the 25th in store

Remove this Banner Ad

Back