NCAA Mountain West Conference [MW]

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking recently, that it's time we expand the discussion of college football on these boards, there is already a small collection of hardcore fans on these boards, but if we offer more discussion, we could give others knowledge of teams around the US, and maybe grow our little college football community on BigFooty, especially with the likelyhood of there being a holdout and a shortened season next year.

So, I thought I'd start off a growing community by providing more college discussion, I thought I'd start it off with my beloved Boise State Broncos.

So a short history: Boise State started playing football as a junior college in 1933, after a slow 1-2-1 season, we had our first winning season the year after going 4-3. We were an average college team up to, and including 1946 (including WWII intermission of 1942-1945), but from 1947 onwards, Boise State became a powerhouse in the Junior College curciuts for every year from here untill we joint what is now known as Division II in 1968, but in their run of domination of the Junior College schools, we went undefeated in, 1947 (9-0), 1948 (9-0), 1949 (10-0), 1951 (10-0), 1956 (9-0-1) and 1958 (10-0 and national champions at the Junior College level).

Once becoming a now Division 2 team in 1968, the Broncos maintained their impressive run, only failing to have a winning season once while in Div 2, and that was in 1976 when they went 5-5-1.

In 1978, Division 2, became Division 1-AA, or what is now, the FCS. Boise is in a very elite group in Div 1-AA history, they are only 1 of 2 teams, to win the FCS title, and now be in the FBS. With Boise State winning the 1980 Division 1-AA national title with a 31-29 win over Eastern Kentucky, the only other team to win the Div 1-AA title and in the FBS now, was the 1996 Marshall Thundering Hurd led by Chad Pennington and Randy Moss. Boise did go pretty good in their Div 1-AA history, with only 3 losing seasons in the 1978-1993 span, while pushing deep into the championships also, in 1981 we got knocked out in the semi-finals by Eastern Kentucky by 7 points, knocked out again in the semi-finals by Nevada in 1990, in triple overtime, then being beaten in the 1994 championship by Youngstown State. Also, in 1986, going through their 1st losing season since 1946, the Broncos introduced, the now famous (well, at least in football circles) Blue Turf, which is shown below in the background of this play where Titus Young is avoiding a few tacklers, on the way to a 19-8 win over the Oregon Ducks just last year

Oregon+v+Boise+State+_VdGQlb3bjGl.jpg

In 1996 the Broncos joint Division 1-A (FBS) football for the first time, joining the Big West Conferance. Unfortunately, they got a rude suprise, having their 2nd worst season ever going 2-10 (.167) only marginally better then their 1937 season when they went 0-6-1 (.071). But this shock was quickly overcome, going 5-6 (.455) in our 2nd season, then 6-5 (.545) in our 3rd. In the next 2 years we went 20-5 (.800) and won our first 2 bowl games.

In 2001, the Big West Conferance, stopped sponsoring football, which left Boise State without a home. At the time the WAC was falling apart with BYU, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado State, San Diego State, Air Force and UNLV leaving to start up the MWC, and TCU running off to join C-USA. This left gaping holes in the WAC, and Boise State was 1 of 3 (the others being Nevada and Louisiana Tech) joining the WAC to help out with numbers, before Idaho, New Mexico State and Utah State joint a few years later to make up for the departures of, UTEP, Rice, SMU and Tulsa. (The only teams who hung around through this period was Fresno State and Hawai'i)

Anyway, the Broncos have dominated their time in the WAC, winning 8 of the 10 conferance championships on the line (2 shared) while finishing 2nd twice, while in this 10 year period, the Broncos have gone 113-16 (.876).

4 times in this 10 year period, the Broncos had an undefeated regular season, in 2004, Boise State went 11-0 in the regular season with only 1 win over an AQ team, that being Oregon State. In the Bowl game, Boise lost 44-40 to a 1 loss Lousville team, who infact 11-1 themselves, was against the Miami Hurricane, 41-38. Boise State's next undefeated regular season was perhaps its most famous season on record, the regular season was just a stock standard one, with only the one AQ team on the schedule, but we beat Oregon state by 4 scores, but the final match of the year was the big one. In what has been talked up as one of the best American Football games of the decade, almost a unaminous #2 behind the 2006 Rose Bowl the previous year. Boise State vs Oklahoma.

For those who know the history of some American sports, it only has 1 equal, the 05-06 George Mason Mens Basketball team in college football. George Mason's story, Basically, they got selected into the final 64 teams, controversly ahead of Hofstra (who had beat them twice in the fortnight before the final 64 selection)

Then in the East Regional, they upset Michigan State, then upset North Carolina (#12), then upset Wichita State, then massively upsetting Connecticut (#2) before finally being put away by Florida (#10) in the final 4 (so semi finals)

Anyway, this is the sort of fairytale that was at stake, a team that no one in the nation had heard about (at that point in time) was on the big stage, the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, 12-0 Boise State, going into a bowl game, against powerhouse Oklahoma, who finally got All Day, Adrian Peterson back from a collarbone injury who had missed the previous 7 games with said injury.

Anyway, the game started off with a shock as the Broncos blew out to a 28-10 lead midway through the 3rd quarter, the Sooners were able to bring it back to 28-20 on a field goal attempt to start the 4th quarter, but for the next 13 and a half minutes, the Broncos held on for dear life, but with 1:26 left in the game, the Sooners finally got back, via a TD, and a 2 point conversion (on the 3rd attempt), with the scores at 28-28, it looked like overtime, but then Jared Zabransky threw a pick 6, with 1:02 left in the game, now, the miracle. Some people may of heard of the Hook N' Ladder, and maybe some of the more interested people might of heard of the play called 'Circus', anyway, on 4th & 18, with 18 seconds left, Zabransky threw a 15 yard strike to Drisan James, who pitched it back to Jerard Rabb who ran it in for another 35 yards and the tieing touchdown. Sending it to overtime at 35-35. Adrian Peterson then scored to go up 42-35, but the Broncos wern't done with, after a slow drive, an almost fumble by Ian Johnson, it came down to 4th & 2 & the 6, the ****ing QB goes in motion, and WR Vinny Perretta takes the direct snap, fakes a run to the right, and then throws the touchdown to Derek Schouman to bring it back to 42-41, but then we go for the 2, and on a statue of liberty play, Zabransky fakes the pass to his right, then hands the ball behind his back to Johnson who gets the win, before proposing to his girlfriend on the field to complete a memorable day.

You can see it all over youtube, the game was that great, I have 7 videos of it on my youtube favourites. This is probably the best for those who havn't seen or heard about the game before

[YOUTUBE]dGz3nDohWR8[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, I went a little off on that season, though, any writeup of Boise's history MUST have that game in it, argueably the 2nd greatest bowl game of all time (with the 1984 Orange Bowl and only behind the 2006 Rose Bowl)

Ok, so the other 2 undefeated regular seasons for Boise in Div 1-A. The 3rd was the 2008 season, but Boise State were robbed of another BCS bowl game by fellow non-aq undefeated team in Utah, at least they followed through and took out Alabama. But on the Boise front, they lost by 1 point in a defensive struggle vs TCU, and then there was last year, Boise went 13-0 in the regular season, before facing TCU again, this time, knocking them off 17-10, and in the process becoming only the 2nd team in Division 1-A history going 14-0 (3 teams have now accomplished said feet, and maybe another in about a month)

now, just some random stats for Boise as a team
Since joining division 1-A football
vs AQ teams - 9-16 (9-9 since joining the WAC) and have won 6 of the last 7 games, only losing away to the 07 Washington Huskies

best record against AQ teams - Oregon 2-0 (will be Utah next year, if we beat them this week)
worst record vs AQ teams - Washington 0-4

non AQ teams, Boise are 5-0 or better against - New Mexico State (11-0), San Jose State (10-0), Tulse, UTEP and Wyoming (5-0)
non AQ teams, Boise has a losing record against - North Texas (2-3), ECU (0-1)
record vs non-AQ teams - 122-24 (115-9 (.927) since the s**t 3 year start in Div 1-A football)

have lost 3 games vs FCS schools, all in Boise's first 13 games in Div 1-A, when we went 2-11

Boise's record since joining Division 1-A

Utah 4-0 1.000
Oregon 2-0 1.000
Iowa State 1-0 1.000
Oklahoma 1-0 1.000
Virginia Tech 1-0 1.000
Oregon State 3-2 0.600
Louisville 1-1 0.500
Arizona State 0-1 0.000
Boston College 0-1 0.000
Georgia 0-1 0.000
South Carolina 0-1 0.000
UCLA 0-1 0.000
Washington 0-1 0.000
Wisconsin 0-1 0.000
Arkansas 0-2 0.000
Washington State 0-4 0.000

Big 12 2-0 1.000
ACC 1-1 0.500
Big East 1-1 0.500
Pac 10 9-9 0.500
SEC 0-4 0.000
Big 10 0-1 0.000

AQ 13-16 0.448

New Mexico State 11-0 1.000
San Jose State 10-0 1.000
Tulsa 5-0 1.000
UTEP 5-0 1.000
Wyoming 5-0 1.000
SMU 4-0 1.000
Bowling Green 3-0 1.000
Arkansas State 2-0 1.000
BYU 2-0 1.000
New Mexico 2-0 1.000
Miami (Oh) 1-0 1.000
Toledo 1-0 1.000
Idaho 13-2 0.867
Utah State 10-2 0.833
Fresno State 9-2 0.818
Hawai'i 9-3 0.750
Louisiana Tech 9-3 0.750
Nevada 11-4 0.733
TCU 2-1 0.667
Central Michigan 2-2 0.500
Rice 1-1 0.500
North Texas 2-3 0.400
ECU 0-1 0.000

Independant 2-0 1.000
MWC 9-1 0.900
CUSA 15-2 0.882
WAC 82-16 0.837
MAC 7-2 0.778
SBC 4-3 0.571

non AQ 119-24 0.832

Portland State 3-0 1.000
Weber State 3-0 1.000
Idaho State 2-0 1.000
Northern Iowa 1-0 1.000
Sacramento State 1-0 1.000
Sourthern Utah 1-0 1.000
UC Davis 1-0 1.000
Eastern Washington 2-1 0.667
California State-Northridge 0-1 0.000
Northwestern State 0-1 0.000

MVFC 1-0 1.000
Big Sky 11-1 0.917
Great West 1-0 1.000
Southland 0-1 0.000
Big West 0-1 0.000

FCS 15-3 0.833

Current season

Boise State def Virginia Tech 33-30
Boise State def Wyoming 51-6
Boise State def Oregon State 37-24
Boise State def New Mexico State 59-0
Boise State def Toledo 57-14
Boise State def San Jose State 48-0
Boise State def Louisiana Tech 49-20
Boise State def Hawai'i 42-7
Boise State def Idaho 52-14
Boise State def Fresno State 51-0

Nevada def Boise State 34-31 (OT)
Boise State def Utah State 50-14
Boise State vs Utah

Boise State beat Utah 26-3 in the MAACO Bowl, Los Vegas
with that we finish the year in the top 10 again

I've updated the 2nd post with the Utah game, and made the changes of where all the teams are for next year (a few more will need to be done in the year or 2 afterwards with even more schools moving)

anyway, I'll get on to the seniors soon, and say where in the NFL draft they can look like going, and their role for those that dont know

Mike Coughlin - QB - Dud, he's our #3 for a reason, will never make it in any proffessional league

Jeremy Avery - HB - Dropped off this year, once Doug Martin overtook him. Might be worth a spot on a practice squad but don't expect him to go anywhere unless injuries hit the Patriots, and Bilicheck wants to make something of another nobody

Jarvis Hodge - HB - was the #3 rb, behind Avery and Martin, won't make the NFL, not in a million years, might get a look in for CFL trials, but doubt he'll even make a CFL squad

Austin Pettis - WR - One of our 2 starting Wide Receivers, great possession receiver. Can catch just about everything that is thrown his way, even under extreme pressure. His hands, and route running are supurb, and his height is a real asset as well. He'll make it, think, Wes Welker, but with size allowing him to get goalline fades. I think he'll be 2nd or 3rd round pick, well worth the pickup there for sure, and mocks seem to have him 2nd-3rd.

Titus Young - WR - The other of our 2 starting Wide Receivers, more so our speed guy though. Will make the NFL, and will be drafted, might not make it as an outright #1, but could work very well as the #2, or in spread packages. I'd think a 4th-5th round draft pick, but I've seen mocks putting him in the mid-late 3rd. his mock range is 3rd-5th)

Tommy Gallarda - TE - Ok Tight End, has been overtaken in the last year or two by Efaw, might be signed to a practice squad, but won't go beyond that

Sean King - TE - Won't make it

Will Lawrence - OL - Been the starter at Right Gaurd for a few years now. Good player, could be signed on as an undrafted rookie, or make a practice squad, but would take a miracle from the work of Juan Castillo of the Eagles to make him NFL calibre.

Kevin Sapien - OL - Regular starter, but nothing special. Wont be on a final teams 53, might see action in a pre-season squad, but wont make it.

Matt Slater - OT - Was a starter at Right Tackle, but had to fight his way into the role. Unlikely to ever see the light of day in the NFL.

Ryan Winterswyk - DE - Small, finnesse, and fast. He might be pushed around and could be a liability on Running downs, but is a great pass rusher. Though, with the addition of Tyrone Crawford for this year, he has been relegated to the #2 Defence, might slip a long way down the draft, but I think he could be a real steal if Taken late. 3-4 D's might like him as a OLB, and 4-3 D's might like him as a DE. Could be a steal, could be a bust, one of those really unknown players come draft time. I would take him in the 4th, but I can see him slipping to the 6th or maybe 7th round. His range seems to be 3rd-5th

Derrell Acrey - LB - Dud, good backup LB for a school like Boise, but wouldn't even get a look at USC, let alone the NFL

Daron Mackey - LB - Read Acrey

Brandyn Thompson - CB - I love the look of him, but that's obvious bias, after his Fiesta Bowl MVP game last year. Could make it, but would have to do it the tough way, being almost certainly an undrafted rookie. I think he'll get some gametime somewhere, but doubt he'll have a long career.

Jeron Johnson - S - Good player, will get drafted, another of those players, too slow for CB, and maybe a tad small for safety. Very smart player, and will work his butt off, will make it, will not be a dud, but will never be a star. 5-10 year player for whoever picks him up, I'd look at 4th, maybe 5th round, as his size and speed push him down, but he'll be good wherever he goes, projections of 3rd-4th round

Jason Robinson - S - 2nd team defender in the WAC? ok for Boise State, but he won't make the NFL, CFL, heck, probably wont even make the AFL or USFL.

Winston Venable - S - Very good college player, and he had a sack or 2 in todays MAACO Bowl Las Vegas. Plays safety for us, but will always be too slow for NFL in the secondary, might make it as LB though, and it looks like he is considered an OLB prospect, though, the questions of whether he can make that transition has him slipping to the 7th-undrafted range. If drafted to be a safety, he'll be a bust, but he could make it as a serviceable LB, unlikely to ever be a star.

Kyle Brotzman - K - Had a small chance, but then the Nevada game happened, Doesn't have the leg to get in like Mason Crosby, and his accuracy is now going to be in question. No to NFL, but he might make it in the Arena Football League (if you can have specific kickers)

Brad Elkin - P - God, he couldn't even get on the field, Brotzman was doing both, though, I can't recall if Brotzman was punting due to an injury to Harman, or if he just got replaced because he was s**t. Anyway, no, Elkin probably hasn't been scouted by an NFL scout.

With 2010 now in the books, it's time to look forward to the 2011 season
Boise State have probably an equal schedule as last year, maybe a little weaker, but anything less then 11-1 is a failure, 12-0 is the goal, but week 1 is the key. Georgia is the 1 team who could cause some problems

Team changes, the 2 starting Wide Receivers are going to the NFL, we have Shoemaker who will be in his senior year, and will be serviceable, and Hiwat looks great, even though he'll be a Sophmore next year, but Kellen Moore is that accurate, that he'll be able to make average receivers look good.

We're also losing 2 regular starters and a backup who gets the odd start, from the Offensive Line, but our OL has always been well trained, they'll be strong again.

Defensively we're losing a Defensive End, who was a starter in his Junior year, but was relegated to backup in his Senior year.

We're also losing our best cornerback, safety, and nickleback. This could be our weakness in 2011, but we do have a few good safeties coming up, but Cornerback may be a little thin.

Oh, and Brotzman is out as well, so we might make pressure kicks now :p;)

Now, the schedule

Firstly, Boise are that good at home that no one will enter Boise and get a win, so I'm giving us wins vs Tulsa, Nevada, Air Force, New Mexico, San Diego State and Wyoming

note - we may of lost to Nevada this year, but they're losing their #1 QB and RB, then add to the fact we'll be looking for revenge, anything less then a 4 score win would be dissapointing for Boise State

Boise State @ Georgia

Being an SEC team, you know they'll be competitive, and Boise this year would of beaten them, but with the loss of a few key players for Boise, it'll come down to how much Georgia lose

They're losing their #2, 3 and 4 DE. So instantly, being a 3-4 D, and needing these DE's to hold up the line, you know their running D will be weaker this year, and that was the 1 area Boise didn't take a hit in, so we'll run through them. Georgia are also losing their 2 FB's, so the run blocking will take a hit there. They're also losing their #1 and 3 ILB's, the guts of that run D is getting butchered now, as well as losing their ROLB. They're also losing the RT, and with Boise State leading college football in 2010 with the most DL sacks, and losing no starters on DL, it'll be even better. Aaron Murray won't be able to survive, he'll be swamped by our pass rush.

I'd say that Boise may give up a few deep plays, but the experience of Kellen Moore, and the running game of Doug Martin should destroy the Georgia D. Boise would win by 1-4 scores, depending on how much an advantage Georgia gain playing in their home state, Boise are better, but homefield advantage is always a factor.

Boise State @ Toledo, Fresno State, Colorado State and UNLV

They're that poor, that Boise will win anyday of the week vs them

Boise State @ TCU

TCU are ****ed, they've got a huge senior class this year which includes Andy Dalton (their QB), 3 of their top 4 receivers, their 3 of their best 4 safeties, their best DE, and one of their best DT, and their best CB.

TCU were slightly worse then Boise going into this year, and they've lost even more, If they're in the top 3 of the MWC this year I'll be shocked

So I expect Boise State to go undefeated next year, which would mean another BCS Bowl game.

You mean, it took me 4 months to hear about this :eek:

Huge expansion at Bronco Stadium about to occur.
broncostadium11.jpg

There is a new Stand being built at the Northern End (increasing capacity from 33,500 to around 53,000)
But the key part to the football department would be building facilities which will house the football offices, weight room, training room, equipment room and locker room.

This expansion, would move it to the 2nd largest stadium in the MWC once completed, only behind San Diego State and Qualcomm Stadium (and even then their crowds are at about 40% of capacity)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tbh, does it matter?

wouldn't it be better for me to have a place like this to throw my Boise State junk instead of flooding the main boards with it?

I know I can be bad at times with it, but ever since I set this up i've focused more on it here instead of flooding everywhere else.

Remember back to the Dallas vs Indy game?
that whole game I was going on about Scanderick and then he got the pick 6, and I kept on saying Boise alumni Orlando Scanderick gets the pick 6 of Peyton Manning, well, who cares about that, all it does is clog up a thread (though going off in another direction like that might be neccessary when we've got the Jet bandwagon in full force - btw, sorry for all the Cowboy s**t I gave in the past, I thought you were bad, oh god ws I wrong)

BigFooty will be gratefull for this thread, keep me away from annoying you as often as I might

We might get some Boise talk in the future when the new season starts, but for now, I'm going to let this thread drop down the page a little, only going to be bumped if Winn or Potter declare early for the draft, and if they don't, then It'll be on draft day, and I'll probably come onto some of the other NFL team pages to discuss Young and Pettis (johnson, venebale, thompson and winterswyck arn't that great, like, Johnson and Winterswyck could make it in the NFL, but they'll never be more then a good average player, never going to be elite like Pettis should and Young may)

So yeah, just let me talk to myself in this thread
I have thoughts at times that I bottle in because the majority of this board will attack me for 'being Riggy' and wont listen to me, so I dont bother with sharing my knowledge, even though it's more advanced then some of these people here beleive, and I don't bother arguing, because some just look at stats and don't look beyond the raw numbers.

So yeah, just leave me, I'm starting to block people who don't offer anything on this board, just so I don't get dragged into pointless debating with unintelligent pain in the butts

So yeah, let me talk here, to myself, and the rest of the board wont have to deal with me as often, or see me in a bad mood where I attack everyone for the littlist of reasons, for the boards sake, only enter here for proper discussion, let me talk to myself in peace

With 2010 now in the books, it's time to look forward to the 2011 season
Boise State have probably an equal schedule as last year, maybe a little weaker, but anything less then 11-1 is a failure, 12-0 is the goal, but week 1 is the key. Georgia is the 1 team who could cause some problems

Team changes, the 2 starting Wide Receivers are going to the NFL, we have Shoemaker who will be in his senior year, and will be serviceable, and Hiwat looks great, even though he'll be a Sophmore next year, but Kellen Moore is that accurate, that he'll be able to make average receivers look good.

We're also losing 2 regular starters and a backup who gets the odd start, from the Offensive Line, but our OL has always been well trained, they'll be strong again.

Defensively we're losing a Defensive End, who was a starter in his Junior year, but was relegated to backup in his Senior year.

We're also losing our best cornerback, safety, and nickleback. This could be our weakness in 2011, but we do have a few good safeties coming up, but Cornerback may be a little thin.

Oh, and Brotzman is out as well, so we might make pressure kicks now :p;)

Now, the schedule

Firstly, Boise are that good at home that no one will enter Boise and get a win, so I'm giving us wins vs Tulsa, Nevada, Air Force, New Mexico, San Diego State and Wyoming

note - we may of lost to Nevada this year, but they're losing their #1 QB and RB, then add to the fact we'll be looking for revenge, anything less then a 4 score win would be dissapointing for Boise State

Boise State @ Georgia

Being an SEC team, you know they'll be competitive, and Boise this year would of beaten them, but with the loss of a few key players for Boise, it'll come down to how much Georgia lose

They're losing their #2, 3 and 4 DE. So instantly, being a 3-4 D, and needing these DE's to hold up the line, you know their running D will be weaker this year, and that was the 1 area Boise didn't take a hit in, so we'll run through them. Georgia are also losing their 2 FB's, so the run blocking will take a hit there. They're also losing their #1 and 3 ILB's, the guts of that run D is getting butchered now, as well as losing their ROLB. They're also losing the RT, and with Boise State leading college football in 2010 with the most DL sacks, and losing no starters on DL, it'll be even better. Aaron Murray won't be able to survive, he'll be swamped by our pass rush.

I'd say that Boise may give up a few deep plays, but the experience of Kellen Moore, and the running game of Doug Martin should destroy the Georgia D. Boise would win by 1-4 scores, depending on how much an advantage Georgia gain playing in their home state, Boise are better, but homefield advantage is always a factor.

Boise State @ Toledo, Fresno State, Colorado State and UNLV

They're that poor, that Boise will win anyday of the week vs them

Boise State @ TCU

TCU are ****ed, they've got a huge senior class this year which includes Andy Dalton (their QB), 3 of their top 4 receivers, their 3 of their best 4 safeties, their best DE, and one of their best DT, and their best CB.

TCU were slightly worse then Boise going into this year, and they've lost even more, If they're in the top 3 of the MWC this year I'll be shocked

So I expect Boise State to go undefeated next year, which would mean another BCS Bowl game.

Get ready to be let down ;)

interesting
I like Young, but I just don't see him becoming an out and out star of the game
could make a pro bowl in the right system and or circumstances, but he'd need to be in the right team

He'd struggle at say a San Francisco, or a Buffalo, but could be a star in St Louis or Seattle

I just find it interesting that Pettis is dropping lower and lower, he doesn't have the best speed around, but the rest of his game is amazing.
And it's not like speed is the be all and end all of being a wide receiver, Jordan Shipley dominated week 17 i think it was, and Pettis is faster then him.

So
Titus Young to Detroit - Very nice fit. Calvin takes the pressure off him, so he could blow past some lesser cornerbacks. If Stafford can stay healthy, they can best utilise Young's speed, and could be a very good weapon. I think he'll end up having a nice career at Detroit, but then he'll demand money, the Lions will say no, he becomes a free agent, goes elsewhere, then crashes miserably. He needs to stay and hide behind Calvin Johnson.

Austin Pettis to St Louis - very tough place to go too. He'd be their best receiver and he has the size and hands to catch alot of short throws. Would work well in tandem with Avery. Will start slowly, and by week 5 larkis will be attacking him and the coaches for drafting a dud. But once he gets some support in next years draft, the pressure on him lowered a little, he'd be able to take advantage of the situation.

Brandyn Thompson to Washington - Just looking at the Redskins current roster. Probably a good pickup for them, but if they expect him to be a starter, they'll end up dissapointed. Nickleback is abest case scenerio for him.

undrafted rookies who could make it. Jeron Johnson (Safety) and Ryan Winterswyk (Defensive End).

Both would be steals in Free Agency. But could they make it?
Winterswyk would have to be a pure pass rusher. If he's asked to stop the run, he'll stink it up.
Johnson should of gone inthe 4th-5th rounds. To slip through all 7 rounds is dissapointing. Will be a starter one day for someone, question is how good of a starter will he be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back