ND Pick 39 - Max Duffy

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who regards wearing the number 69 as ******* stupid?

A footballer who likes to both give and receive - a sound model to me.

Depends on what the number represents to him. We may be making assumptions. A South African cricketer used to wear the number but it had a totally different meaning to him.

Lance Klusener is the SA cricketer you're thinking of, and it surprised me with him, because he was the most serious, rigid cricketer you would see.

on the number and duffy, it does seem a bit douchey, sometimes I am guilty of forgetting that these boys we are drafting are only 19. I remember what i was like at 19 and sheez, you guys wouldnt have liked me as a player by the way i acted I can tell you (and the fact that I was a rubbish footballer), as opposed to not liking me as a poster i suppose ;)

Naww, don't be like that KPR, I just reserve the right to have a considered discussion with you on the pro's and cons of Mora, in real life.

Otherwise, yes Lance Klusener eh? Always remember that guy and Alan Donald stuffing up that run to [allow us to go on to] win the world cup...

Anyway, that Duffy vid with all the look away handballs and tricky dick moves would have, in my mind made him the antithesis of the Lyon gameplan. Just seems to have a single-minded, 'run at the goals' approach. As opposed to Lyon's careful switch, counter-switch, slow-burn, strangle. Maybe RTB's trying to get away from that stereotype ;)

Anyway, that Duffy vid with all the look away handballs and tricky dick moves would have, in my mind made him the antithesis of the Lyon gameplan. Just seems to have a single-minded, 'run at the goals' approach. As opposed to Lyon's careful switch, counter-switch, slow-burn, strangle. Maybe RTB's trying to get away from that stereotype ;)

Quite a few of our selections seem to run counter to what I expected would happen with the recruitment of Lyon. There is a lot more "flair" rather than "accountability". The fact we traded Broughton (and selected Duffy) and have not locked Lower in is confusing. Pretty happy about it all I am.

Quite a few of our selections seem to run counter to what I expected would happen with the recruitment of Lyon. There is a lot more "flair" rather than "accountability". The fact we traded Broughton (and selected Duffy) and have not locked Lower in is confusing. Pretty happy about it all I am.

I think Ross loves leg speed so players can cover the ground quicker and put more pressure on. Fitness and work ethic can be built on, pace not so much.

I think Ross loves leg speed so players can cover the ground quicker and put more pressure on. Fitness and work ethic can be built on, pace not so much.

Agree totally on leg speed. But in Duffy and Simpson (+Crozier) we have also gone for skill and x-factor. They should be genuinely difficult to match up on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naww, don't be like that KPR, I just reserve the right to have a considered discussion with you on the pro's and cons of Mora, in real life.

heh, anytime, im happy to talk any footy with anyone at any time. I truly hope im wrong about morabito, but i dont think i will be, and at worst case, we get a serviceable big body

Agree totally on leg speed. But in Duffy and Simpson (+Crozier) we have also gone for skill and x-factor. They should be genuinely difficult to match up on.

Well, Ross was purportedly squeezing the flair out of Crozier's game and it does seem odd to now target extreme individual flair in two players, Simpson & Duffy.
I recall after an early game last season that Gerard Healy asked his panel on, " On the Couch " , " have you ever seen a more attacking Ross Lyon coached team before ? " to which the consensus was, an emphatic no.

Fremantle is the Ross Lyon paradox.

Well, Ross was purportedly squeezing the flair out of Crozier's game and it does seem odd to now target extreme individual flair in two players, Simpson & Duffy.
I recall after an early game last season that Gerard Healy asked his panel on, " On the Couch " , " have you ever seen a more attacking Ross Lyon coached team before ? " to which the consensus was, an emphatic no.

where did you hear that???

I remember reading a comment about that early in the season and that was in comment about Crozier taking the high flying marks, where he was told he role was to be more of a crumbing oppurtunist and let Pav and Sandi go up in the contests.

ah ok, well that makes sense, if you are a crumbin forward, that is your role. I would suggest though that if the correct situation arose, ross wouldnt be unhappy to see him go for a fly

ah ok, well that makes sense, if you are a crumbin forward, that is your role. I would suggest though that if the correct situation arose, ross wouldnt be unhappy to see him go for a fly
353710-hayden-crozier.jpg

Yeahhhhh boy!

it hasnt come up properly on here for some reason, but this is my favourite footy pic of all time, and it is why i have it as my avatar... wish it would come out clearly. but anyway, croz can certainly take them

28550_1378659640436_1650240563_906721_6676585_n.jpg
I've always wondered what your fuzzy little photo was in your avatar. Thanks KPR! That's an awesome photo.

Back on topic, I wonder if Duffy competes well in the air and what his vertical leap is like?

I've always wondered what your fuzzy little photo was in your avatar. Thanks KPR! That's an awesome photo.

Back on topic, I wonder if Duffy competes well in the air and what his vertical leap is like?

yeah. I just havent been bothered to change it, but the moment i heard we had taken crozier, all i heard about was some awesome mark he took, obviously the first one that came up was the state uner 18's mark, but the second one and IMO the better one was my avatar. looks like he must be only 16 in that pic... unbelievable grab. apparently there is video of it somewhere, but i havent been able to find it.

yes back on to duffy, im not sure, i havent seen anything other than the video clips of him. His draft combine results would tell a story, might try and find them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back