Toast ND Pick #40 - Welcome to St Kilda BRANDON WHITE.

Remove this Banner Ad

[REDACTED] a very very good pick.

image.jpeg

Brandon White (13/01/1997. 188cm, 77kg. Dandenong Stingrays)

Medium defender/midfielder/forward

AFL biography: Well rounded medium midfielder/defender with excellent closing speed. He makes very good decisions and distributes the ball well on his preferred foot. Quality mark overhead for a player of his size. Averaged 15.3 disposals (72 percent efficiency) and 2.2 tackles for the Stingrays this year and impressed in three games for Vic Country in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

"I've always liked Brandon. He probably could have played more games for us as a 17 year old, but he went back and played some senior footy which I think has helped him. He's very aggressive and a very good third defender. Once he's had a bit of time in the system I think he'll be a pure utility, that old model utility that can play in all three zones. He has elite speed and poor endurance so he'll need a couple of years, but he'll end up being the smokey in this draft. In two or three years everyone will be saying, how did he slip so low? He's well disciplined, and he's tough as nails. He's that genuine run-through-a-brick-wall type of player that all coaches love. And he's a second cousin of Justin Leppitsch, so he's been able to get some good advice and have some good conversations with him about his footy."

Mark Wheeler, Dandenong Stingrays talent manager

Magnificent replacement for Dempster and Gilbert. Might move up onto a wing. A beautiful kick of the footy.

Welcome to the Saints.

Last edited:

Gonna need some write-ups on this lad. Funny, I said the same thing about our Pick 41 last year.

Wait, he was 40 Barrels :p
Ta.

188cm rebounding defender with a superb boot on him.

Very athletic.

Brilliant get by the Saints, dude is a real steal at 40 (I have him at 29). He's genuinely tough, competitive, has a huge leg on him and a nice turn of speed. Give him some time to work on his endurance, be he'll be a good one.

Very very happy with this one ..what a steal.

453125-49d36e5e-420c-11e4-aa92-fa3f288f01fb.jpg

Everyone will be disappointed missing out on Matho, but I'm thrilled to pick up tbarker's boy at 41. Here's what was said about him earlier in the year, on this board.

"Yes mate. Got an update from the family over the long weekend as it so happens. He (White) is unsure where he will end up. Quality family and the kid is a mad trainer. Fanatical about food, sleep etc.... He is looking forward to getting to a club where he can focus on footy full time and he thinks he will improve his endurance (amongst other things)."

"I am on the Brandon White wagon for our second rounder. Called him as my boy. Goddard like intensity, pace and can kick. Problem is we look like trading that pick :("

"Gents - any info on Brandon White? I hear from a very good source that he is mad keen on going to a club with a structured program where he can eat up training and improve. Sounds like the right attitude for us but the question is whether we are interested. Every club has spoken to him."

The kid has got all the skills to make it as a player and he seems like a committed young man. Gem of a pick. Seriously.

Also putting here to spare the outrage over Matho

I'm telling ya, I was standing RIGHT next to Finnis, asked him about Matho just before the Lions pick, and he said no, White. Showed me on his phone our list of players: Gresham at 7 on that list, White at 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall, quick, can take a grab and has a lovely left boot. Kind of a cross between McKenzie and Webster.

I'll be floored if he doesn't end up on a wing.

Gee his highlights package looks impressive. Seems terrific over head, very fast and and great kick.

Will hopefully turn into a really good running half back that can take plenty of intercept marks, possibly even run through the midfield, definitely on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back