Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Name: Josh Deluca-Cardillo
Height: 179cm
Weight: 80kg
Info: Exciting small midfielder with elite speed, agility and ability to run and carry the football. Competitive and rarely beaten one-on-one.
DELUCA-CARDILLO-Josh.jpg

Last edited:
Another small/mid-sized fwd (and possible future midfielder) with athleticism - in this case a big tank, don't know much about him myself, did he play much seniors for Subi or mostly colts? Do we have WAFL watchers/Subi fans with more info on him?

In general though, that's similarish type players with all 4 picks which is interesting. We went with a few talls last couple of years, and that seems about it - back to normal transmission this year, mid sized players, with the minimum requirement of having endurance.

Last edited:

knows where the goals are from his videos. The fact he played really well in the WAFL grand final in the wet speaks to his toughness and endeavour.
Super quick and can hoof it although he has a (slightly) awkward ball drop.

The big thing here, of course, is that comes from the mighty Lions. No wrong can ever come from Subi.

Except that skinny rookie from last year.

Saw him in action at WAFL granny this year. Has some pretty impressive pace, was composed in wet conditions too. Probably more of a mid than Duffy but similar goal sense. Why not take a punt on a local lad with some zip? Welcome to Freo, Josh!

I was wrong about no interstate team drafting Clem, I would have been interested to see what would have happened here if Clem was still available, it would have gone against type to pick him so I assume we would have still passed on him but thanks to Carlton we'll never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird ball drop judging on that small highlights package. As long as it works

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...ittering-grand-final-put-deluca-in-spotlight/

An outstanding performance in Subiaco's WAFL grand final win over East Perth paid off for teenager Josh Deluca when Fremantle chose him with pick 68 in yesterday's national draft.

Deluca, 18, missed the under-18 titles after a mid-season ankle injury. But he starred with a 20-possession, one-goal effort in the grand final win and had family members jumping for joy when the Dockers read his name.

"It was one of the best feelings in my life. I had family and friends around and they all just started yelling and screaming," he said. "I was sitting next to my girlfriend and with family members and I was thinking that I don't have to be separated from them. I could stay home and still be able to pursue my dream.

"I had been told that if I was to get drafted it would be after pick 40, so being picked at number 68, while it wasn't expected, it was within the range I was given.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back