NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Stubbs and Kruger also handy additions, Stubbs came through Baulko juniors before going to Collingwood while Kruger played his first footy for ECE U18s and was in the 2010 senior premiership side. Wouldn't be surprised if Nathan Gordon rejoins having been delisted by the Swans.

Stubbs and Kruger also handy additions, Stubbs came through Baulko juniors before going to Collingwood while Kruger played his first footy for ECE U18s and was in the 2010 senior premiership side. Wouldn't be surprised if Nathan Gordon rejoins having been delisted by the Swans.

Be a handy pick up gordon with Buchanan Stubbs and Kruger who is a work horse, to my knowledge not to many are leaving either and some 18's coming along nice.

In regards to the Belconnen U/18 and Reserve grade coaches being pissed with Lokan, I would not find this hard to believe, bugger being a NEAFL coach these days its too hard to be focussed on anything but the elite team these days and coaches in the AFL Canberra competitions would be feeling like the poor cousins in many football departments, lack of spending and lack of interest in lower grades it would seem would be creeping into many clubs, something that should be concerning but hard to deal with I am guessing as the NEAFL competition is evolving rapidly.

I would honestly find this difficult to believe or perhaps Tiger players are spoiled.

It seemed the communication lines between KK (NEAFL), Pav (AFL Canberra) and PC (U/18's) were extremely positive. It needs to be with many players going up and down from ressies to seniors due to injury, form etc and many younger lads moving up to play ressies.

As for the U/18's the lines were definitely open with many getting a taste for NEAFL during the year and there was also a policy towards the end of the season when Tigers were gauranteed the double chance to keep 1 spot open to an U/18 lad who showed promise to give them a taste of senior football.

I would have thought this was the norm??

Sydney hills have had a good off season by the look of it. Having Buchanan and Krueger
around should free up houlihan a bit aswell.

A mate at Sydney Uni told me they have signed a player from a rival canberra club. He wouldn't elaborate on who it was or what club the player is from. But he was named in the TOTY

I would honestly find this difficult to believe or perhaps Tiger players are spoiled.

It seemed the communication lines between KK (NEAFL), Pav (AFL Canberra) and PC (U/18's) were extremely positive. It needs to be with many players going up and down from ressies to seniors due to injury, form etc and many younger lads moving up to play ressies.

As for the U/18's the lines were definitely open with many getting a taste for NEAFL during the year and there was also a policy towards the end of the season when Tigers were gauranteed the double chance to keep 1 spot open to an U/18 lad who showed promise to give them a taste of senior football.

I would have thought this was the norm??

It should be the norm and is what you would expect clubs to strive to achieve, Kade Klemke is a good coach and the Tigers have always had a great culture and that system was embraced by him when he took on the role no doubt, some coaches don't always have the same vision and do not be so inclusive is all I am suggesting.

The Tigers model is one clubs should aspire too, I have been in Canberra for less than 8 years and I have always seen the Tigers to be culturally correct as a club in that time, others have varied in this philosophy based on who their coach is and how committed he is to the whole club as distinct from the elite team

Really hope Ghost Buster isn't Kade Klemke. If so, lad is extremely full of himself judging by these posts:

I think klemke stil has the ability but has been limited with injuries. there is no doubt he is a hard worker an i think his skills have improved. Im sure the kid wil stay in melb an keep having a crack which i think he should. I think doing 4 hamstrings hasnt helped him this year and if he wants to play AFL he has to get those hamstrings and his fitness right. on reports this yr he has been most hardest working kid at the club.

u hav to remember i think he only played 6-8 games VFL this yr. hard to judge on that many games. so i stil think there can be a future for Kade.

Klemke didnt do much wrong of wat i saw. Goes hard and kicked a nice goal. I think he played forward most of game and would of had about 20 touches. Zeibel is good player of wat i hav seen. can play any position you want him and always tries to make a contest. He wil play first round. Im sure of.

Apparently the kid played with a stress fracture in his foot for the grand final and the prelim. So obvisously is a tough kid. That might explain his bad performance in the GF. I also like this kid. His kicking does need improving but other than that he ticks all the other boxes for me. Then again he had the most effective kicks for nationals. So thats got to say something. His speed doesnt seem too bad. Watching him last year he seemed quick, maybe his hamstring slowed him down a little this year. Would be a good pick up in 2nd or 3rd round id say. I wouldnt be suprised either to find him playing an AFL game or 2 next year. Great leadership qualities.

What about Klemke? I would of thought those were his 3 strengths not weaknesses. I heard he played on Blease on the weekend and got best and Blease hardly got a kick.

Went and watched murray play dandenong on the wkend. That Zeibell is definetly going to be in the top 10 and whats this i been hearing about Kade Klemke being to slow. He was one of the quickest out there. Maybe its because he just came back from a hamstring injury during nationals and this effected his speed. Of wat ive seen he can match in the big time. Also heard Klemke made it on to state for 100 metres running. So surely must have a bit of speed. I could see him going in the top 20.

Pretty embarassing, if Kade Klemke.

haha that is some quality reading there HolbrookWarrior.

Not sure if it has been discussed but getting hold of Nick Heyne for Ainslie will be good for them. Didn't play much AFL footy but you would think he will still be a handy addition. It will be interesting to see how they go with tall forwards given that in the past when they had been successful they always had a good key forward and even last year with McGregor kicking 50 goals. I know Paine can kick a lot but was probably helped by having tall forwards around him? Stone played back. Maybe Horner if Andrews gets back from injury.

Hills Eagles are in a pretty comfortable spot I think. Just being in Sydney is a win for them straight away when trying to attract recruits. Could be a pretty good side if they can pull it all together. Heard that Buchannan was only interested in playing around 12 games for the year but?

Do you think any clubs will take much interest in the draft coming up with potential recruits awaiting to see what happens? I see the youngster from Eastlake Liam Flaherty is in the mix, good luck to him.

3rd Grade Maggy nice to have you back.

Care to comment on my mail about your club re Bubba and Ressies coach leaving due to lack of support from Lokan or that local players being asked to take pay cuts to accommodate new recruits??

Is the Kippax redevelopment behind schedule and over budget?

Is the club relying to much on J.Bennett and is Lokan a dead man walking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Care to comment on my mail about your club re Bubba and Ressies coach leaving due to lack of support from Lokan or that local players being asked to take pay cuts to accommodate new recruits??

I think you'll find your mail was incorrect again. But hey, don't let that ruin a good story.

What club doesn't ask their players to take a pay cut at one point or another ABH. Should belco just go ahead and continue to increase every players pay ?

What club doesn't ask their players to take a pay cut at one point or another ABH. Should belco just go ahead and continue to increase every players pay ?

There is a slight difference between increasing player payments and asking players to take a pay cut don't you think?

And by the way what other clubs do? Fitzroy, Western Creek....

Can't say I ever experienced this.

I think you'll find your mail was incorrect again. But hey, don't let that ruin a good story.

Please share with us my incorrect mail?

It was on the money when Belco approached Mark Mickan behind Michael Hornes back to replace him at seasons end.

Mail on Jay Shannon coming was solid just did not expect it so short a stay.

Mail on Pete McGrath coaching Tuggies was good.

Mail on court case against Horne was pretty good also.

So please enlighten us all

Guy Cannon the new rep coach. Played a lot of footy in the ACT, including rep footy. Will do a great job

You should know you have continually got one in your mouth!

Have a feeling you have no idea what "utensils of the north" actually means do you in the Canberra Footballing community.

Was not having a go at your comp you goose!

Stick to threads you understand or educate yourself on Canberra footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back