NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day!

Photos from Round 1 Queanbeyan v Hawks are now available for your personal viewing pleasure:

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

Highlights include Neil Irwin getting some serious air. :)

If you're new to my Footy Photos (I disappeared halfway through last year) simply follow the link, click on Sport at the right of the page, the Australian Rules Football, then the year and round and so on.

By all means put them on your facebook and email them to your folks, but please don't use them for profit or promotion. I make these images available for personal enjoyment of players and fans. If you want a big print, message me; I'm sure we can work something out.

Cheers

Trosty

Labrador- by 4 goals. Labrador were impressive last week defeating fancied Broadbeach, and I reckon Ainslie will come back to the field a bit with the couple of players they have lost. Coin flip though.

Eastlake- by 10 goals- expect Tuggeranong to be more competitive this week after being embarrassed last week, however Eastlake for mine will be thereabouts this year and I expect them to win this game comfortably.

Queanbeyan- by 8 goals. A week ago I would have picked Hills Eagles at home, but reports are they were not very convincing last week. QBN obviously will have gained confidence from last week.

Belconnen- by 12 goals. Sydney uni to be a fair way off it IMO and I expect as the season goes on a few 100 pt thrashings. Expect them to have a crack this week but be well beaten.

anyone got the result of Sydney Uni v Belconnen ?

Belco ran out winners 18 17 125 defeated Uni 14 15 99

Impressive performance by Uni's were in the game right until the last few minutes. Watched the game via live streaming on the internet which was fantastic. Was handy having the commentators know each players name and a few facts about some. There was a slight hiccup with the camera for a minute or so late in the game but overall made for good viewing.

Hopefully this concept continues as I, and others I have spoke to are really excited about being able to watch more games of NEAFL footy, as well as giving an opportunity for people such as past players and members of AFL Canberra clubs, AFL scouts, Family members of players and supporters who may now be located in different parts of Australia to not only keep up to date with happenings in the NEAFL but also watch the games.

I'm sure the coverage will continue to improve over time and more and more people will be tuning in each week to watch the match of the round!

Also may be an opportunity for a little more exposure for sponsors which is always handy.

Can only dream of one day tuning into fox footy and watching the NEAFL game of the round as opposed to the sydney one.

Whereabouts were you able to watch the game LBJ? I looked for it on the mobile app but couldn't find it and then couldn't remember where I saw the info about it being streamed?

Good to see Ainslie get a good touch up:D,Wonder if not wanting to play a trial was worth it after all.Well done super coach:p

I thought the Tigers went ok on Saturday - but could have iced the game early if they had kicked better at goal. I reckon they would be disappointed that the result was so close seeing as they were clearly better for most of the match.
Eagles hung in there but let themselves down with centre-square infringements and kick-out infringements.

As an impartial visitor to the game, I was amazed at the Tigers' ability to force turn-overs in defence then run the ball so quickly into attack - you don't often see it done that well in footy played in Sydney. I will go more often to watch Canberra teams if that is the standard they can play to.

But it must be tough on all Eastern NEAFL players and staff now to have to travel so much every fourth weekend. The silence was deafening at Purser Reserve when the Tigers ran out and when they did anything good. I suppose all teams will have to get used to being in the wilderness like that.
Tough on supporters too unless they are prepared to do the highway miles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ainslie were pretty poor to half time against Labrador, but did match them ok in the second half.

Tim Notting in the midfield for Labrador was pretty handy, and so was fellow ex-AFL CHF Trent Nobel... They were extremely quick coming out of defence, though they do seem perhaps a little bit undersized around the ground.

Still though, they look like they are in for a good year. Their first half was one of the best displays I've seen at this level.

Ainslie will be ok, look like they definitely got better as the match went on, and hopefully getting more matches into the boys results in more wins.

lads. tips from round 2 and the total. Sorry it took me so long!
Round 2 Total
elong 3 7
ABH 3 7
Collingwood08 3 6
one4theroad 4 8
flyinghi 3 7
bolton 3 6
Carrot 0 4
ACTHAWK 3 7
2010Premier 4 8
Norwest 3 3

Tips for this weekend.
Tuggies
Swans
Eastlake
Lions
Ainslie

Same old!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ainslie
Belco
Swans
Eastlake
Lions

Belco by 5 goals- appear to be the weakest of the Canberra sides to me but Belco seem to have improved more.
Lions by 15 goals- too strong for the young GWS
Suns by 4 goals- Suns have less top ups in than the Swans which is the only reason why I see them winning.
Ainslie by 4 goals- I notice Tungatulum and B.Palipuaminni

are in. I would almost tip Hills at home as these two boys can be very dangerous. Ainslie to bounce back at home though.
Eastlake too strong for Uni by 7 goals.

Good to see the ainslie/sydney hills game match of the round streamed live. Will hopefull get on and watch Tungatalum dominate. Only reason he may not is its his first game in and a different style team to thunder/ntfl.

The bloke should be on an afl list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back