NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

ilovemeatpies

Debutant
Feb 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Tuggeranong drew with Belconnen tonight 14.11.95 to 14.11.95. The Hawks will be spewing in the game that got away considering they led by 6 goals at half time. In the second half the Pies came out more wanting the ball more than the Hawks whilst it seemed to me the Hawks retreated in their shell and weren't doing the things they did so well in the first half.

Anyway the final 10 minutes were just thrilling with the Hawks more afraid of losing than winning. The umpires were brave as Belco punted the ball deep into the goal square and the umpire called a holding the man decision as it was the fullback vs the full-forward one out to the relief of the crowd.

When the siren went, the ball was in Tuggeranong's Forward right hand pocket but I think Belco were relieved they managed to retrieve 2 points in a game most people would have tipped they would have won (i was predicting Belco by 30 points) whilst Tuggers wondered how they only managed to score 24 points in the last two quarters.

Sherrin Tragic

Draftee
Feb 14, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Good to see the ainslie/sydney hills game match of the round streamed live. Will hopefull get on and watch Tungatalum dominate. Only reason he may not is its his first game in and a different style team to thunder/ntfl.

The bloke should be on an afl list.

Yeah, great player, and will not stick around long term for the Eagles so what's the point and the long term strategy? and really not sure what the Eagles are about with Seebeck in the side, this guy is a slug, too big,too slow, not fit, has not played for a number of years and slots straight back in to a newly formed NEAFL side??? Are they serious, last week he was lucky to get around 4 or 5 touches at full forward and looked seriously out of place.

Cmon Eagles the NEAFL is not a let's give the boys a shot carnival, you owe it to the AFL (money injection $$$$$) and the opposition teams to front up each week with a serious squad of fit and committed players, not the old hacks of your premier years. Looks like for all the hype the eagles are still poorly managed and it's struggling with selection each week?

GOOD LUCK and should get soundly flogged by Ainslie this week.

Inside Runner

Draftee
Jul 8, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah, great player, and will not stick around long term for the Eagles so what's the point and the long term strategy? and really not sure what the Eagles are about with Seebeck in the side, this guy is a slug, too big,too slow, not fit, has not played for a number of years and slots straight back in to a newly formed NEAFL side??? Are they serious, last week he was lucky to get around 4 or 5 touches at full forward and looked seriously out of place.

Cmon Eagles the NEAFL is not a let's give the boys a shot carnival, you owe it to the AFL (money injection $$$$$) and the opposition teams to front up each week with a serious squad of fit and committed players, not the old hacks of your premier years. Looks like for all the hype the eagles are still poorly managed and it's struggling with selection each week?

Thats the problem with making bold, uneducated comments. You get made to look like a fool...

Please the biased redandwhite crap for the other forum. This one is about footy.

Well done to the Eagles, Noone gave you a chance but you have certainly sent a message that you deserve to be in the NEAFL. I will be watching your progress with interest.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Sort of throws the competition on its head to have the Eagles roll Ainslie - is there an eye-witness that can tell us all how it came about ?

I thought it was a bit unfair to talk of GUS like that - he's the Prezz and the spiritual leader of the fledgling club so I guess he gets a say in team selection. More to the point, he's a huge, strong, experienced fella who "owns" the goal square just by standing in it and venturing out for the odd ruck contest...if he can trap the ball down forward then he has justified his place in the team.

I saw Eastlake do the job on Sydney Uni. Uni was well on top in the first half and Eastlake looked a little off-key.....travel blues perhaps ?? But after a spray from the coach (wow, it must be great to hear your faults pointed out in detail like that !! - just like being married !)...after a spray, they sharpened up in the second half and Uni dropped away to lose by four goals or so.

jsg007

Debutant
Apr 5, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Huge win by the Eagles away at Ainslie!! Very surprised to see Tungatulum playing for them, how did they manage that?

Tungatulum playing for eagles been rumoured for a while. Signing great for the club and a great team effort for win today.

Was a even contest all day, congrats on ainslie club too for hospitality and personal on the day, you don't get that in Sydney football, very kind words from ainslie after the game too.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Looking at the fixture for next weekend and it's a cracker ...

Ainslie plays Swans in the grand final replay

Queanbeyan plays Eastlake and only one will remain unbeaten at the end of the day

Tuggeranong plays Sydney Uni and one will break through for their first win, the other will be condemned to the dungeon for a bit longer

UWS plays Hills Eagles - either UWS breaks their drought or else the Eagles go to equal top of the ladder.

...gotta be "good for football".

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney

Is this fella going to show up in this thread again????

ZigZagZoner

Debutant
Oct 17, 2011
On the couch
AFL Club
GWS
Wouldn't have thought #credibilityisshot #goose

Wow Le Bron youre obviously a long term sufferer of Bi Polar or Amnesia or someone has hacked into your account :p

Not that long ago your debut posts were an all out attack on ABH and Qybn , claiming they were going to finish last had no culture and a few 'bush' recruits would prove to be a failure.

You claimed that Ainslie & Eastlake would dominate and no one would get near them - especially the Syd teams

then you try take the moral high ground and claim someones credibility is shot - a bit rich mate:thumbsdown:

If you read through your previous posts I think youll find that you are a bit of a goose too .... :rolleyes:

ZigZagZoner

Debutant
Oct 17, 2011
On the couch
AFL Club
GWS
Is this fella going to show up in this thread again????

I noticed the Syd Eagles made a point of highlighting Chris Rourke's pre game comments during the week - great to see the Syd Clubs not taking the softly softly approach and on the front foot.
My impression of the last 5 years has always been that the Syd clubs in AFL Syd were much better run ' football clubs' than the Canberra clubs - only difference being financial which allowed ACT clubs to attract better players and have more depth.
We have already seen those Syd clubs quickly catch up on field and they will quickly overtake if the Canberra clubs bury their heads in sand and continue to operate like ' fishing clubs ' supported by big licenced clubs.
For years Canberra clubs have been run and operated by amateurs who have never seen the light in developing a bigger and better AFL Canberra - it took the AFL to virtually stomp their way in and say this is whats happening. As we have seen, despite knowing this for 3 years clubs like Tuggers, Belco are still light years behind when it comes to on and off feild professionalism & they are being shown up by clubs who have been in comp for 1 month. I attended the Syd Uni jumper preso season launch and it was a classy , slick affair with over 200 people in attendance where as an un-named player at Belco told me theirs was held under portable gazebo in the rain at their training ground with 40 players + 10 onlookers
NEAFL & AFL decision makers are all over this and dont be surprised that by 2014 we have a 14 team NEAFL comp with only 3 Canberra clubs + Qybn with the conferences disbanded and AFL Canberra Div 1 clubs nominated to be feeder clubs to NEAFL teams.

ZigZagZoner

Debutant
Oct 17, 2011
On the couch
AFL Club
GWS
I noticed the Syd Eagles made a point of highlighting Chris Rourke's pre game comments during the week

What did he say about them, did he sledge 'em or something?

From Eagles website:

With his time over again, you might think that Ainslie coach Chris Rourke may re-think this quote for the NEAFL Footy Talk show.

"Hopefully we'll have a really good night on the track tonight and take on the new boys from Sydney and do to them what Labrador did to us"

Wiz_351

Rookie
Mar 3, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
AFC, Pittsburgh Steelers, UFC
From Eagles website:

With his time over again, you might think that Ainslie coach Chris Rourke may re-think this quote for the NEAFL Footy Talk show.

"Hopefully we'll have a really good night on the track tonight and take on the new boys from Sydney and do to them what Labrador did to us"

What is wrong with that?

You want him to come out and say "I really hope they come down and hand our arses to us and hopefully we can get close to them"

After the game against Labrador nothing wrong with maintaining a positive attitude especially for the benefit of your playing group.

jsg007

Debutant
Apr 5, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
From Eagles website:

Can't see it on the website... Which one?

However all teams look for comments to spur a team on would say a common practice for years

le bron jim

Rookie
Feb 27, 2012
O'Conner
AFL Club
Richmond
I noticed the Syd Eagles made a point of highlighting Chris Rourke's pre game comments during the week - great to see the Syd Clubs not taking the softly softly approach and on the front foot.
My impression of the last 5 years has always been that the Syd clubs in AFL Syd were much better run ' football clubs' than the Canberra clubs - only difference being financial which allowed ACT clubs to attract better players and have more depth.
We have already seen those Syd clubs quickly catch up on field and they will quickly overtake if the Canberra clubs bury their heads in sand and continue to operate like ' fishing clubs ' supported by big licenced clubs.
For years Canberra clubs have been run and operated by amateurs who have never seen the light in developing a bigger and better AFL Canberra - it took the AFL to virtually stomp their way in and say this is whats happening. As we have seen, despite knowing this for 3 years clubs like Tuggers, Belco are still light years behind when it comes to on and off feild professionalism & they are being shown up by clubs who have been in comp for 1 month. I attended the Syd Uni jumper preso season launch and it was a classy , slick affair with over 200 people in attendance where as an un-named player at Belco told me theirs was held under portable gazebo in the rain at their training ground with 40 players + 10 onlookers
NEAFL & AFL decision makers are all over this and dont be surprised that by 2014 we have a 14 team NEAFL comp with only 3 Canberra clubs + Qybn with the conferences disbanded and AFL Canberra Div 1 clubs nominated to be feeder clubs to NEAFL teams.

You are absolutely dreaming. Syd AFL is terrible (hence why the swans refused to have their reserves side play in it). Have fun at your fancy jumper presentations because you will have nothing left to celebrate at the end of the season beside the fact we let you play against our clubs.

Queanbeyan are far from proven with wins against weak opposition far from saying they are the real deal.
Ainlslie are far from up and running yet and you will find that out soon enough my mexican friend.

Us Canberra folk are excited about the sydney clubs being in OUR side of the competition and definitely welcome yous with open arms but you are kidding yourself if you think we would ever provide players to be used in a league as you have suggested, we would pay them more money to stay at home.

Please go back which ever corner of Oxford st you obviously hang out on and pipe down.

ZigZagZoner

Debutant
Oct 17, 2011
On the couch
AFL Club
GWS
You are absolutely dreaming. Syd AFL is terrible (hence why the swans refused to have their reserves side play in it). Have fun at your fancy jumper presentations because you will have nothing left to celebrate at the end of the season beside the fact we let you play against our clubs.

Queanbeyan are far from proven with wins against weak opposition far from saying they are the real deal.
Ainlslie are far from up and running yet and you will find that out soon enough my mexican friend.

Us Canberra folk are excited about the sydney clubs being in OUR side of the competition and definitely welcome yous with open arms but you are kidding yourself if you think we would ever provide players to be used in a league as you have suggested, we would pay them more money to stay at home.

Please go back which ever corner of Oxford st you obviously hang out on and pipe down.

Nice work - thats more like your first posts:thumbsu:

Making no sense, attacking people and rambling .....

Last time i looked - Syd Hills and Syd Uni were in NEAFL & thats what we are talking about isnt it .... i didnt mention Syd AFL

One minute im a mexican - the next Im hanging out at Oxford St ??

Your not very good at humour, talking footy or geography are you?:D

Keep trying ..... who knows what we will get next from you :eek:

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Some interesting games this round.

Qbn v Eastlake - Tigers first test of the season, these are the games that the side will be judged on.

Tigers for me

Ainslie v Swans - Both would be disappointed with their last outings. GF replay with plenty on the line particularly for the tricolours as they have lost their last 2.

Swans for me

Tuggeranong v Sydney Uni - Tuggers have improved from their first run and Sydney won't like heading to Arctic Park.

Tuggers for their first win

UWS v Hills - UWS had a much better outing last week and Hills had a great courageous win over Ainslie.

Picking an upset here only because I wonder how many petrol tickets the Hills spent physically and emotionally last week.

UWS to get it's season up and running.

QBN FM will have the Qbn v Eastlake game on from around 2pm on Sunday so tune into 96.7 on your FM dial!

le bron jim

Rookie
Feb 27, 2012
O'Conner
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice work - thats more like your first posts:thumbsu:

Making no sense, attacking people and rambling .....

Last time i looked - Syd Hills and Syd Uni were in NEAFL & thats what we are talking about isnt it .... i didnt mention Syd AFL

One minute im a mexican - the next Im hanging out at Oxford St ??

Your not very good at humour, talking footy or geography are you?:D

Keep trying ..... who knows what we will get next from you :eek:

You actually make no sense buddy, nobody else has bothered replying to your extremely well thought out post about the future of the NEAFL. Do you know why? Beacause it's all rubbish

Your obviously not all there, hopefully you're not acutally involved with a football club as you are pbviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic

Good chat though

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
For all this time, we've all lived in our own little football caves, knowing what happens in our own cave but with bugger all idea of how our cave stacks up against all the other caves.
But now we can get an insight into how we stack up...eyeball to eyeball contests at last - NT plays Ainslie, Canberra plays Sydney, a Qld team plays a Canberra team. Did you know that there's even a Central Coast (Gosford) team in the Sydney comp this year ?

As well, we get to compare how our club admin works compared to others, as ZZZ so colourfully pointed out.

And you know what ? We'll all cherrypick the best bits from the others and our clubs will be the winners - better admin, better games to watch, improved skills and incentives for the players. It's all good.

There will be some changes to come...rationalisation maybe...but no matter how hard I close my eyes and hallucinate, I just can't see a one-conference NEAFL with minor clubs designated as feeders to the behemoths. The distances and costs are too great and it's just not worth it for anyone. The community feel of our clubs has copped a kicking already from the NEAFL concept - teams playing interstate one week in four, meaningless fixtures against contrived AFL reserves teams that have no supporters other than mums and dads and girlfriends, lower grade teams struggling for players, volunteers, funds, relevance.

Maybe the expansion of the NEAFL has pretty much reached its limits for now

Back