NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

They say it will get the turnstiles rotating in Canberra - do you guys HAVE a gate ? There is no gate for Sydney AFL footy, nor for NEAFL footy played in Sydney (other than for finals matches).

Hey Justabaraker,
Match day requirements issued to all clubs says:
"Home clubs must submit to the League by COB Monday the attendance for your home game. Please ensure you have a clicker on the gate."

Very interesting move by Tuggers to sign Aker. Will get some great coverage for both Tuggeranong and the NEAFL no doubt. Should be an interesting few games...

It wasn't just people up north wondering about the decision to appoint a young coach out at tigerland, ABH. There was a lot of talk all round. It is starting to become apparent that it may have been a masterstroke.

A few interesting games this weekend...

How will Eastlake fare against Mt Gravatt? Looking at Mt Gravatt's form you would have to think Eastlake will get the points, even with the travel.

Queanbeyan v UWS - This could be a challenge for the tigers. UWS lost 2 games to 2 tough opponents but are still a dangerous team IMO. Will they knock the Tigers off or will Queanbeyan Continue their dominant start to the season?

Tough game for Belco heading up to Sydney to take on surprise package Hills Eagles. This should be a good match and will reveal a bit more as to where each club is at right now.

Sydney v Tuggers... What can you say? Hopefully Tuggers can keep the margin semi-respectable.

Hey Justabaraker,
Match day requirements issued to all clubs says:
"Home clubs must submit to the League by COB Monday the attendance for your home game. Please ensure you have a clicker on the gate."

Are these figures for public knowledge and if so where can they be found mate?

Tips from the last 2 rounds.

It is a bit hard to read because the big footy formatting doesn't work very well.

Name Rd1 Rd2 Rd3 Rd4

elong 4 3 3 1
ABH 4 3 3 2
Collingwood08 3 3 3 0
one4theroad 4 4 3 2
flyinghi 4 3 3 2
bolton 3 3 3 0
Carrot 4 0 0 0
ACTHAWK 4 3 3 2
2010Premier 4 4 4 1
Norwest 0 3 0 0
ZigZag 0 0 0 2

Leader Board

One4theroad and 2010premier equal on 13
ABH, flyinghi and ACTHAWK on 12
elong on 11
collingwood08 and bolton on 9
and the others seem to have gone missing.

Good luck this week

People up north were the only ones vocal on here and it was used as a clear deflection of their own off field drama.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but my enquiries regarding the progress of the new coach and the feelings of the team were from personal interest. in response to which you managed to post a few times without saying much...

Hey elong.
Doing a great job with the tipping and its not easy but I only got 1 correct last round not 2 that you have credited to me. I know some people would shut their mouth and say thank you very much but we are here for some fun and friendly banter. So I think premiers is the sole leader and not joint.:thumbsu:

Re: Aker

Very interesting move by Tuggers to sign Aker. Will get some great coverage for both Tuggeranong and the NEAFL no doubt. Should be an interesting few games...
It's all starting to come out now....THREE home games. Will that help them ? Some cash into club coffers no doubt, a bit of a jolly-up for all involved around the club and a bit of interest...no...A WHOLE LOT OF INTEREST in Tuggeranong and NEAFL. I'll be watching to see how the team works him into their game-plan when they only get three chances.

According the the Canberra Times, he increased crowds at his last gig by 6000 (that would have to be cumulative over all games he played wouldn't it ?).

As well, the paper says that Fev was offered to Ainslie at $5000 per game for nine games. Anyone got some spare cash hanging around for a re-bid ?
You could build your game-plan around the "elephant-in-the-room" for NINE GAMES but I wonder how well it will work for Aker's THREE.
Just kick hail-Mary's deep into the forward fifty and stand clear for the camera angles I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all starting to come out now....THREE home games. Will that help them ? Some cash into club coffers no doubt, a bit of a jolly-up for all involved around the club and a bit of interest...no...A WHOLE LOT OF INTEREST in Tuggeranong and NEAFL. I'll be watching to see how the team works him into their game-plan when they only get three chances.

According the the Canberra Times, he increased crowds at his last gig by 6000 (that would have to be cumulative over all games he played wouldn't it ?).

As well, the paper says that Fev was offered to Ainslie at $5000 per game for nine games. Anyone got some spare cash hanging around for a re-bid ?
You could build your game-plan around the "elephant-in-the-room" for NINE GAMES but I wonder how well it will work for Aker's THREE.
Just kick hail-Mary's deep into the forward fifty and stand clear for the camera angles I suppose.

Agree Agree Agree

Like any of these type decisions , let me tell you there are people/players at Tuggers not happy and some are.

The crowd increases are based on games with Glenorchy in TSL which is a true footy state and they probably get a 1000 or 2000 regularly to games - we might get 200 at best so id suggest the first game v GWS will attract double their normal crowd - say 400-500

But this decision is all about the EGO of a football manager who is not focused in the right areas from a club who has been on hand outs for ten years and hasnt paid their own way for so long, I think its a smack in the face to the league that has supported its survival for so long and im sure all of this will be taken into account when licences are up for renewal in a revamped NEAFL over next 12 - 24 months

My prediction overall is that he will be a flop on field :footy: , off field :heart:and add nothing but a bit of novelty for a very short period.

The Canberra Times article also said there was a speaking gig as part of the deal, which really surprised me, since I though they would rather pay him to keep his mouth shut.

ZigZagZoner said:
Agree Agree Agree

Like any of these type decisions , let me tell you there are people/players at Tuggers not happy and some are.

The crowd increases are based on games with Glenorchy in TSL which is a true footy state and they probably get a 1000 or 2000 regularly to games - we might get 200 at best so id suggest the first game v GWS will attract double their normal crowd - say 400-500

But this decision is all about the EGO of a football manager who is not focused in the right areas from a club who has been on hand outs for ten years and hasnt paid their own way for so long, I think its a smack in the face to the league that has supported its survival for so long and im sure all of this will be taken into account when licences are up for renewal in a revamped NEAFL over next 12 - 24 months

My prediction overall is that he will be a flop on field :footy: , off field :heart:and add nothing but a bit of novelty for a very short period.

Have to say I agree. Don't think he will add much on or off the field and I think the Hawks should be concentrating on better things.

[quote=longhorse;23920143]The Canberra Times article also said there was a speaking gig as part of the deal, which really surprised me, since I though they would rather pay him to keep his mouth shut.[/quote]

Good call. I just wish I'd thought of it first.

- we might get 200 at best so id suggest the first game v GWS will attract double their normal crowd - say 400-500.
Why have they signed him only for home games ? Most likely it's so they get to keep the whole gate receipts - can't blame them for that.

But I'd love to see a business plan for this project. An extra 200 in the crowd at (what does it cost to get into Canberra/QBN NEAFL ? $10.00 ?) So that's an extra $2000 through the gate per game, plus extra takings for the Social Club. Plus a once-only Sportsmans Dinner...say 15 tables at $1000 per table - $15k gross takings. What's a medium-range celebrity speaker charging now ? $2000 + accomodation and interstate travel costs ?
If Fev can pull $5000 per game then Aker would be on....what ? $3000 per game ? $3500 ?

Is there a profit in all this to make it worth all the trouble ? Could he win them three games just by being on the field ?

I can't wait to see all of us cynics get egg wiped all over our faces....or not.

Don't think Aker is worth a zac. Don't think he will increase
Crowd numbers. Don't think anyone gains anything out of the
Whole exercise.

Tips:
Eastlake
Queanbeyan
Hills
Swans
And Ainslie will get smashed in the Foxtel Cup

Agree Agree Agree

Where the hell did you crawl up from.

Considering the bum steer, TuggeranongFC have been getting from the ACTAFL for many years, it IS surprising they still exist.

We could go back over the decades, and discuss the likes of Ainslie rapeing the hell out of the league for their own greedy benefit, through signing all the talent from other ACT clubs!

Have to say I agree. Don't think he will add much on or off the field and I think the Hawks should be concentrating on better things.

I do think it will grab some headlines and get some good attention but I probably agree that the money could be better spend for a club without the financial status of some others but with a lot of potential through promising players etc...

What happens when he does a hammy in the first quarter of the first game???

I reckon many of the young Tuggeranong players when they have retired will look back on playing with Aker as one of, if not the highlight of their careers.

Imagine being able to say you played along side a triple premiership AFL player who was a Brownlow Medalist.

I reckon many of the young Tuggeranong players when they have retired will look back on playing with Aker as one of, if not the highlight of their careers.

Imagine being able to say you played along side a triple premiership AFL player who was a Brownlow Medalist.

Agree with that.

I think it's a good idea in theory - I don't know the exact amounts or details so I can't really comment further.

It was mentioned earlier that fev was going for $5,000 a game - I reckon that's a steal. A club could set it up as a massive promotional tool, advertise everywhere - one game only. If you made sure it was held on a day when no other clubs were playing in Canberra, got the news involved, and ran it properly, you could make money easily.

Get 1,000 people there, that's maybe 800 more than usual at even $5 a pop and you're close to break even. Then the extra takings on the canteen, a function at the club after, and maybe even throw in an auction of a signed jumper, and you'd be set.

Only problem would be making sure fev left before he went on a drunken rampage in the club, wiping out all the profits.

Tips for the weekend:

Mt Gravatt
UWS Giants
Belconnen
Swans
East Perth over Ainslie

On the Aker circus, I think it is a good idea for a one off game to raise much needed money for the Tuggers club. However, you have got to wonder how some of their other players feel when they play week in week out for apparently nothing and Aker comes in for three games at approx $5k a game. Money could be spent in better ways in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back