Portfolio NEAFL Re-imagining

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
So going along with a few threads recently that have re-imagined or created alternate histories of Australian leagues like the VFL, SANFL etc., I decided to create my own team recreations. Im re-doing logos and guernseys with a Home and Clash design. This is all based on teams in the 2014 season (as there are teams who have left for the upcoming season). For this thread, Ive also made a new NEAFL logo; as seen below. The left one is the current and the right is my own based on the current VFL, TSL and CFL logos.
NEAFL Logo Comparison.png
The teams of the 2014 season are:
Ainslie Tri-colours--------------Queanbeyan Tigers
Aspley Hornets---````---------------Redland
Belconnen Magpies--------------Southport Sharks
Brisbane Lions-------------------Sydney Hills Eagles
Eastlake--------------------------Sydney Swans
Gold Coast Suns-----------------Sydney University
NT Thunder----------------------UWS Giants

Last edited:
First up is Aspley, I have re-done their logo from pretty much scratch, taking elements from many logos and photos online. The clash retains a gold version of the hoops with the brown outline, and a white yoke leading above the wings of the new logo.
Set Out Logo.png

The home is based on their latest strip (brown and gold hoops al la Geelong) with a white outline around the brown hoops. The numbers have been dropped from the chest, and the logo kept.
Home.png

The clash retains a gold version of the new hoops with the brown outline, and a white yoke leading above the wings of the new logo.
Clash.png

Next up: Ainslie Saints

Last edited:

Needs sponsors & manufactures
If you've noticed, I rarely use sponsors in my designs. Im focusing on the design, not the finished product. As for manufacturers, its a generic template, so I didn't want to use one. Teams in the NEAFL have different manufacturers, and I haven't downloaded new collars, so why label it all as one?

If you've noticed, I rarely use sponsors in my designs. Im focusing on the design, not the finished product. As for manufacturers, its a generic template, so I didn't want to use one. Teams in the NEAFL have different manufacturers, and I haven't downloaded new collars, so why label it all as one?
Looks wrong without sponsors etc.

First up is Aspley, I have re-done their logo from pretty much scratch, taking elements from many logos and photos online. The clash retains a gold version of the hoops with the brown outline, and a white yoke leading above the wings of the new logo.
View attachment 105501

The home is based on their latest strip (brown and gold hoops al la Geelong) with a white outline around the brown hoops. The numbers have been dropped from the chest, and the logo kept.
View attachment 105502

The clash retains a gold version of the new hoops with the brown outline, and a white yoke leading above the wings of the new logo.
View attachment 105503
Loving the designs. Great work keep it up
Looks wrong without sponsors etc.
He's got a logo there, does it really matter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic start mate! I'm really looking forwards to the ainslie kits, I had a bit of fun with them in the previous designathon by basing the kit on a st kilda classic.

Fantastic start mate! I'm really looking forwards to the ainslie kits, I had a bit of fun with them in the previous designathon by basing the kit on a st kilda classic.
Cheers mate. Im actually thinking of going down a different route, more like their clash strip. Its based on an old French design I did on Paint ages ago

Cheers mate. Im actually thinking of going down a different route, more like their clash strip. Its based on an old French design I did on Paint ages ago
Beautiful, such a unique club in terms of design. Can't wait.

There is nothing wrong with no sponsors.

My Can-Am entries wont have sponsors when that comes out, because US sports don't tend to have sponsors.

Great start mate, looking forward to the rest.

ANd team number two... Ainslie F.C.. Ive kept a theme with all these logos by trying to keep some part of the existing logo in my recreated ones. Aspley had the Hornet and shield, and Ainslie will have the shield.
Logo.png

The Home is an old design Ive had tucked away for a rainy day (pun intended). Ive used a white base for the home as a nice change from the norm and a dark away.
Home.png

Clash.png

Next will be Belconnen

Excellent stuff so far. I know the guys that are doing the Aspley gear this year, they're breaking into the market with a few NEAFL/QAFL/QFA teams. I like the balance of tradition and uniqueness, keen to see more, keep it up.

I am responsible for designing the gear at Sydney Uni - if you want any logo artwork or the guernsey template that our manufacturer uses let me know. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. If I recall correctly our current alternate guernsey was inspired by a design on this board - not sure who it was but we gave them the first guernsey made in that design for the rights to it!

I am responsible for designing the gear at Sydney Uni - if you want any logo artwork or the guernsey template that our manufacturer uses let me know. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. If I recall correctly our current alternate guernsey was inspired by a design on this board - not sure who it was but we gave them the first guernsey made in that design for the rights to it!
Sorry for going off topic. But do you work for a sports company or for fun?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back