Netflix Aust & NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
It's Official: Netflix To Launch In Australia And New Zealand In March 2015

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/11/i...h-in-australia-and-new-zealand-in-march-2015/

Luke Hopewell Today 9:25 AM
Share Discuss
Netflix is finally coming to Australia, with the company announcing its intentions to launch Down Under in March 2015.

After months of maybes and maybe nots, Netflix officially announced today that it’s “heading down under”.

Netflix announced it would offer its service to Australians and New Zealanders from March 2015.

It will stream high-def content to Aussies and Kiwis, and even offer “4K [content] where available”.

Details are very brief at this stage, but at least now we know it’s for real: Netflix is coming to Australia, and we only have to wait four more months for it to get here.

Will be happy to pay for it if it is comparable to Netflix US, & did I hear there's also a similar local offering coming next year as well? Boiled lollies to chocolates at last?

this is bad news, i can see this being half the content at double the price and them trying to restrict the use of unblock US type workarounds

this is bad news, i can see this being half the content at double the price and them trying to restrict the use of unblock US type workarounds

They won't be able to stop VPN workarounds for too long, if they block Hola or Unblock US some enterprising young person will figure out something else. They're fighting a losing war on technology and if they charge us more for less then they can't complain. Even if it's a similar price with less content you will just be able to sign up to the Aussie version and use a VPN to access international content.

They won't be able to stop VPN workarounds for too long, if they block Hola or Unblock US some enterprising young person will figure out something else. They're fighting a losing war on technology and if they charge us more for less then they can't complain. Even if it's a similar price with less content you will just be able to sign up to the Aussie version and use a VPN to access international content.
we'll wait and see, hopefully you're right. i guess my concern is that this news means that, at best, things won't change for those of us with Netflix US subscriptions and there is the potential for issues to arise

If they make the price expensive, nothing will change. I can assure you that.

Also doesn't seem to have the popular shows like The Walking Dead. Wonder how long it will take to get that show...

People in countries that currently have netflix can access other countries version of it with VPNs. I doubt netflix are going to start kicking up a big fuss over australia.

Agree, why would Netflix piss off the 200,000 customers in Australia it's already getting money from? Netflix Australia is for people who can't work a VPN.

We were in the US recently and had Netflix and Hulu at one of the places we stayed. Can't say I'd be interested in paying for them. Majority of the content seemed a bit old.

We were in the US recently and had Netflix and Hulu at one of the places we stayed. Can't say I'd be interested in paying for them. Majority of the content seemed a bit old.

Hulu has a lot of shows the same day they've aired in the US, but they may only be available for a month. Netflix is like a back catalogue mixed with great original content like orange is the new black, house of cards and the killing. A great device to get in to a show you may have missed when new...

Murdoch's taken the news well.

B23HpAoCcAAXQpU.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hulu has a lot of shows the same day they've aired in the US, but they may only be available for a month. Netflix is like a back catalogue mixed with great original content like orange is the new black, house of cards and the killing. A great device to get in to a show you may have missed when new...

Absolute dream if you have children in the house as well.

Why would people pay for this when they can still get it all for free?
The same reason people buy music instead of torrenting it.

For the most part, people don't WANT to steal. Provide a simple, fairly priced, reliable option and most people will happily pay for it.

The same reason people buy music instead of torrenting it.

For the most part, people don't WANT to steal. Provide a simple, fairly priced, reliable option and most people will happily pay for it.

What, people would rather pay money for something, than get it for free?

Why would they do that, when they obviously have no problems with stealing content illegally? Will they somehow get a conscience and realize that they shouldn't take things they haven't paid for?

I hope they show a lot of 60's, 70's and 80's shows.

Also, I hope they don't run Friends, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother etc. These are already on Foxtel AND digital TV. We don't need three channels of it.

What, people would rather pay money for something, than get it for free?

Why would they do that, when they obviously have no problems with stealing content illegally? Will they somehow get a conscience and realize that they shouldn't take things they haven't paid for?
I think you pretty much missed the point of my post.

I hope they show a lot of 60's, 70's and 80's shows.

Also, I hope they don't run Friends, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother etc. These are already on Foxtel AND digital TV. We don't need three channels of it.

its an on demand service. you watch what you want, when you want.

If they make the price expensive, nothing will change. I can assure you that.

Also doesn't seem to have the popular shows like The Walking Dead. Wonder how long it will take to get that show...

i'm not sure if youre referring exclusively to the australian netflix or not, but walking dead is on the us version. first 4 seasons

photo4_zps3a052fde.jpg

This is my current set-up. I can access each and everyone of these currently through different means. Not sure I'd be jumping to an Aussie Netflix until other options become available...

Would love you know how you got HBO GO, as far as I knew you needed access to a US TV Subscription?

As long as I can still get access to US Netflix then I'm happy, I don't use it much but every now and again I'll fire up a series I haven't watched

Remove this Banner Ad

Back